Code of Conduct
    Massiveattack1987

Default Anything like Tobacco Vanille

Hey!..I posted some threads about Tobacco Vanille several times, because this scent is interesting to me.

Many of BN members quite like and love this scent.

I tested TV and I loved it. It is great and the longevity is just crazy.
    I wear it and it holds over 24 hours.

But I see no reason to buy this scent.
    Although it is really great and a good piece, it is no way over 170€ for 50 ml.

The price is always the subjectiv thing, but I would never ever pay such amount for TV or other TF scents.

I also can argue hardly that TF is special or a "niche".

Are there any other scents like Tobacco Vanille?

Actually, money is not the problem, so you can recommand me anything like Tobacco Vanille which is cheaper or more expensive.

TV is just overpriced and it would be my waste of money.

I take scents for going out at nights with women.

Anything like TV? Shalimar?

Thanks.

P.S. BN have been useful and helpful to me, thank you.

Default Re: Anything like Tobacco Vanille

Pure Havane. Less smoky tobacco more fresh pipe tobacco type

Massiveattack1987

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Thank you for your advice.

But unfortunately, I am not a fan of Thierry Muggler.. Pure Havane doesn´t hold on me.

If you check the splits board Kron is doing TV 50ml for £71 which is about 85 Euros. A good deal compared to the retail price you quoted.

Sound Scents

Back to Black By Kilian
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Hilde Soliani Doolciiisssimo. It's better than Tobacco Vanille in my opinion, which I never cared for. But Doolciiisssimo on the other hand, is almost pure cherry tobacco with tiny hints of vanilla and other stuff.

I don't know if there are any outlet malls where you live (you quoted the price in Euros), but Estee Lauder outlets have Tobacco Vanille for a cheaper price.

I really don't know of a similar scent. There are lots of tobacco scents out there (I've been liking Chergui more and more), but nothing that (to me) is close to TV.

Personally, I sort of disagree with your logic from the get go. You say you loved TV and it has fantastic longevity, complain about its price, and then want recommendations for similar scents with price as no object. Just doesn't make sense to me. TV is generally viewed as the paradigmatic scent for tobacco/vanilla lovers, and you love it. If price is not the issue, I don't see you finding anything you like better in that class.

If you want general tobacco scents, sure, there will be many that other basenoters will recommend over TV. But TV really is in a scent class by itself. If you can afford it, why focus on the price? Lots of scents subjectively smell cheaper or more expensive than their price points.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Right now, I find V&R SpiceBomb is TF Tobacco Vanille's twin.

I know peoples sense of smell is different, but to me Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb smells quite similar to Tobbaco Vanille IMO.

The thing with Tobacco Vanille is that I really get a whole lot more vanilla than tobacco in it, and its primary allure to me is that flawlessly done vanilla (the best I've ever smelled). There are many other decent tobacco scents (um Versace Man is one of them, very cheap too, I find it much better and sweeter than the Dreamer).
    Eau des Baux L`Occitane en Provence is kinda close to TV and much cheaper, but it's not nearly as good as TV. Pure Havane is a great scent on its own as well (though honestly that feels like a cherry flavored tobacco scent, very sweet, but not as "vanillaesque" as TV).
    Try for a split, that's what many people do, and you can get it for a very reasonable price, cause this juice is something amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I don't know if there are any outlet malls where you live (you quoted the price in Euros), but Estee Lauder outlets have Tobacco Vanille for a cheaper price.

I really don't know of a similar scent. There are lots of tobacco scents out there (I've been liking Chergui more and more), but nothing that (to me) is close to TV.

Personally, I sort of disagree with your logic from the get go. You say you loved TV and it has fantastic longevity, complain about its price, and then want recommendations for similar scents with price as no object. Just doesn't make sense to me. TV is generally viewed as the paradigmatic scent for tobacco/vanilla lovers, and you love it. If price is not the issue, I don't see you finding anything you like better in that class.

If you want general tobacco scents, sure, there will be many that other basenoters will recommend over TV. But TV really is in a scent class by itself. If you can afford it, why focus on the price? Lots of scents subjectively smell cheaper or more expensive than their price points.
    What he said... if you don't want to pay as much for Tobacco Vanilla, get a spot in a split. Much cheaper that way.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri

75ML will run you $115

TV is unique, a great TF frag, and worth the price if you go the decant route, and can spare the bread.

Banned

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens - Upon application, one is treated to a comforting pipe tobacco accord from the spicy and slightly tarry Balkan tobacco coupled with tonka bean with its vanillic earthiness, and white honey with its mildly sweet facet tinged with urine. A flavorful date and rum raisin currant pervades and enhances the pleasantness of the tobacco. A whisper of sensuous jasmine flitters about. Transitioning to the awaiting middle, a wonderful smokehouse accord and smoked leather envelop the inviting opening. Vanilla infuses the brew with its lightly woody and caramel aspects. And a deliciously seductive, red rose with fruity glimmers and a cabernet-like facet marries deligthsome beeswax acquiring its ambery, honeyed and sweet hay character, and makes itself known. This luxurious heart segues to the waiting base. Here, in the rousing base, the syrupy sweetness of styrax commingles with the woody freshness of juniper berries, the peppery mustiness of patchouli as well as the subtly sour and urinal nuances of Peru balsam. An intriguing drydown ensues. This fascinating composition has minimal projection, remaining a skin scent and fostering its use in close quarters; however, its longevity is very good. This captivating, masculine scent is very layered and complex, and should be held in high regard in one's wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    fumerie turque by serge lutens - upon application, one is treated to a comforting pipe tobacco accord from the spicy and slightly tarry balkan tobacco coupled with tonka bean with its vanillic earthiness, and white honey with its mildly sweet facet tinged with urine. A flavorful date and rum raisin currant pervades and enhances the pleasantness of the tobacco. A whisper of sensuous jasmine flitters about. Transitioning to the awaiting middle, a wonderful smokehouse accord and smoked leather envelop the inviting opening. Vanilla infuses the brew with its lightly woody and caramel aspects. And a deliciously seductive, red rose with fruity glimmers and a cabernet-like facet marries deligthsome beeswax acquiring its ambery, honeyed and sweet hay character, and makes itself known. This luxurious heart segues to the waiting base. Here, in the rousing base, the syrupy sweetness of styrax commingles with the woody freshness of juniper berries, the peppery mustiness of patchouli as well as the subtly sour and urinal nuances of peru balsam. An intriguing drydown ensues. This fascinating composition has minimal projection, remaining a skin scent and fostering its use in close quarters; however, its longevity is very good. This captivating, masculine scent is very layered and complex, and should be held in high regard in one's wardrobe.

great!!

Tabac Rouge by Phaedon would also be a great option to someone that likes Tobacco Vanille, and it has a better price for ml, since a 100ml is 160 dollars, less than a 50ml bottle of Tobacco Vanille.
    Altough i think that Tabac Rouge is more tobacco and less sweet or vanillic.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Tabac Rouge by Phaedon would also be a great option to someone that likes Tobacco Vanille, and it has a better price for ml, since a 100ml is 160 dollars, less than a 50ml bottle of Tobacco Vanille.
    Altough i think that Tabac Rouge is more tobacco and less sweet or vanillic.
    This completely^
    First saw Tobac Rouge on Fragrantica.

Banned

Micallef Gaiac

Its like smells like they took the tobacco out and replaced it with gaiac/cloves

very sweet vanilla, too.

Try Lanvin Avant Garde if you want a cheaper alternative sweet tobacco scent. I find that it's quite well done.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

I sampled both Tom Ford TV and Phaedon Tabac Rouge yesterday at the Scent Bar here in Los Angeles. I sprayed TV on my right hand and TR on my left. To me they smelled almost identical. In fact, I had the two regulars who work there smell my hands and see if they could tell which one was which and neither one was sure and said they are unbelievably similar to one another. During the dry down, TV had more of a rich vanilla and sweeter smell. Both smelled great and lasted well for over 8 hours with TV being a little more noticeable.

I preferred the less vanilla dry down of TR more than the sweeter vanilla of TV. I would choose TR and I have a bottle on order when they get more of it in the store.

Kalemat by Arabian Oud occupies some of the same territory as TV. Sweet vanilla, tobacco, but also amber, honey, musk and not-so-strong oud. Less than $ 100 for 100 ml and a very good fragrance.
    * Current Favourites *
    Amouage: Lyric Man & Essenza di Colonia Acqua di Parma
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    If you check the splits board Kron is doing TV 50ml for £71 which is about 85 Euros. A good deal compared to the retail price you quoted.
    This. Also try Roja Dove Egnima Pour Homme - Parfum. Similar in vibe but far more interesting and much smoother IMO.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Samba Skin!

Forget the marketing - I mean its just a fragrance and will not change your life, make you prettier or smarter or anything..... So for all the difference it makes , if you want to smell good - with Tabacco and Vanilla etc....

Samba Skin
    L'Occitane Eau De Baux
    Bogart Pour Homme!

And then get on with things

I own Back to Black and also Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille. I find myself torn between both. They are both expensive and half a great longevity. If you had to sell one and keep one, I would keep Back to Black.

Pure Havane is an excellent recommendation. Another one that many people have recommended to me (but I haven't had the chance to sample yet) is Tabac Aurea.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Pure Havane is an excellent recommendation. Another one that many people have recommended to me (but I haven't had the chance to sample yet) is Tabac Aurea.
    Both very good scents IMO, but a fair way below TV for me in terms of quality.

Another Hilde Soliani - Bell'Antonio - is worth a try: tobacco and coffee - less sweet than TV. I can also second L'Occitane's Eau des Baux.

The price of perfume is insane.

I can not believe this, I knew it was expensive, but my god.

One of a kind IMO. Best to get in on a split.

Spritueuse double vanilla once the top of TV they start to smell similar. Although this is very iffy. Because depending on how how much you put on of TV the top lasts as "short" for me as 3 hours and as much as 8. So it can be awhile till they smell similar. For something cheaper, id say CK shock. I dont think TV smells like pure havane to me. Which might sound strange because I do think CK shock smells a something like pure havane. Take thats as you will lol. If anything I actually think TV could be like the much more manly, thick, deep, sorta version of CK shock.

+1 on Eau Des Baux. I like to call TV Eau Des Baux Intense.

Parfums de Marly - Herod

Tabac Rouge - Phaedon is certainly similar to Tobacco Vanille. I already have Tobacco Vanille, otherwise I may have purchased Tabac Rouge.

Shame you don't live in Australia, where Palermo fragrances make copies of Tobacco Vanille for $35 a bottle, and it is much closer to the real thing than any of the fragrances mentioned above that I am familiar with. And it's not a nasty, harsh copy like one finds in typical copy scents. I rate their copy as at around an 85% match to the real thing.
    Regards,
    Renato