Code of Conduct

Default Keep getting mail every time a person respond to a post on BN ?

I have trible checked that I have set my account up so I no longer receive emails when someone posts in thread I have participated in, yet I keep getting endless mails every time a new person writes in this annoying thread: 'Which scent gets you the most female compliments'

I have unsubscribed to the thread numerous times yet I keep getting mails and mails and mails and mails.......sighhhhh

What to do ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Keep getting mail every time a person respond to a post on BN ?

Do you click to "save your changes" when you unsubscribe?

Mind you, this hasn't worked for me-- I've tried repeatedly to change my settings so I'll get emails and I still don't get them, not even for private messages. Odd glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Do you click to "save your changes" when you unsubscribe?

Mind you, this hasn't worked for me-- I've tried repeatedly to change my settings so I'll get emails and I still don't get them, not even for private messages. Odd glitch.
    Something tells me this forum has a fault. The settings you start out with, which in my case was 'subscribe to threads' and in your case 'do not subscribe to threads' will hang on no matter what you do after that.

This is REALLY annoying as I feel I'm getting spammed with mails from this forum

And yes, of course I remember to hit the SAVE CHANGES button, but I still get spammed with mails each time a person writes in this particular thread. The funny thing is that I don't get mails in from replies to threads I've participated in since I made the changes - but the forum admin should check up on the board settings. There seem to be a fault where it only remember changes made from the point where you hit SAVE CHANGES button and on from there but threads from before that you will still get emails each time a person replies in the thread - really really annoying
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 15th February 2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Something tells me this forum has a fault. The settings you start out with, which in my case was 'subscribe to threads' and in your case 'do not subscribe to threads' will hang on no matter what you do after that.

This is REALLY annoying as I feel I'm getting spammed with mails from this forum

And yes, of course I remember to hit the SAVE CHANGES button, but I still get spammed with mails each time a person writes in this particular thread. The funny thing is that I don't get mails in from replies to threads I've participated in since I made the changes - but the forum admin should check up on the board settings. There seem to be a fault where it only remember changes made from the point where you hit SAVE CHANGES button and on from there but threads from before that you will still get emails each time a person replies in the thread - really really annoying
    Please keep us updated here because there is no way to contact you now by PM, VM or email. As far as I can tell, you've made the appropriate changes to your subscription options, so the unwanted notifications should stop.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Please keep us updated here because there is no way to contact you now by PM, VM or email. As far as I can tell, you've made the appropriate changes to your subscription options, so the unwanted notifications should stop.
    Don't know what you or admin did - but it worked

I just saw there were new posts in the 'what scent gets you the most female compliments' thread, but I did not receive any emails regarding this.....jubiiiii hurray

Thanks a lot for your help !

Much appreciated !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Guys, really really sorry, but I'm running into the same problem. It's quite annoying and it's honestly messing with the efficiency of my life haha. Yes I unchecked the "subscribe from threads" boxes and I'm still getting emails. I'm not sure if the administrators did anything to help out the OP, but if anyone can help me out that'd be awesome.

I think when you choose to Unsubscribe threads it only does it from then on. Is there an option to unsubscribe from threads here? http://www.basenotes.net/subscription.php

I'm having the same problem. I get endless emails letting me know whenever someone "is drinking a glass of iced water" aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! This is so frustrating!