Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yerbamate and lorenzo villoresi frags

i am on a green phase lately and i noticed this in the green frag thread. i haven't read the reviews but iv read about this frag and perfumer in passing a lot.

i forget what the guide sez but i remember this house style being abit crude that you would leave a table. well i think abit crude and loud is just my style.

comments on this frag and house please..

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: yerbamate and lorenzo villoresi frags

I don't find Yerbamate crude nor loud. It is great Spring fragrance that is quite pleasant and subtle smelling. Just about the polar opposite of what you describe.

As for the house in general, I don't consider it crude and loud in general either. Just like anything else, some individual scents in the line are "louder" than others, but nose are what I would call anything close to powerhouse fragrances to my nose, at least. I find them quite refined as a general rule.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm not a fan of Yerbamate but some other fragrances by Villoresi have been BIG winners in my book (e.g. Sandalo, Piper Nigrum, Vetiver and up to a certain point Uomo and Incensi). Despite being too often bashed around here, I'm growing fond of his latest Theseus as well. Probably not outstanding yet an incredibly easy to wear dry woody composition.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

LV frags - I have several and one thing I have learnt is that Villoressi scents have a certain vibe about them. Literally whatever different LV scent it is - you can blindly recognise the Villoressi vibe in nearly all of them.
    Great scents BUT one or two bottles from this house is enough for me. I adore Spezie and Yerbamate with a classic blue suit and white L/S shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be really into Yerbamate, but now, I just find it too powdery to wear. I like to smell it....but as a SotD.....I don't think it is right for me.

I suppose it has a green aspect to it. But it is also a warm fragrance as well. LV makes some pretty good stuff.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

powdery and warm sound good to me. thanks for the description!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of Yerbamate but some other fragrances by Villoresi have been BIG winners in my book (e.g. Sandalo, Piper Nigrum, Vetiver and up to a certain point Uomo and Incensi). Despite being too often bashed around here, I'm growing fond of his latest Theseus as well. Probably not outstanding yet an incredibly easy to wear dry woody composition.
    A week ago I received a Grey Vetiver sample, I had high expectations. But after about five trials I say I like Theseus much better. They both belong to the not-so-harsh-but-citrusy-vetiver, so the comparison is appropriate. I do know that there's no much love around here for it, yet...

Post Thanks / Like

I love Uomo and Piper Nigrum, both fine offerings.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Personally not a fan of this house.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Once one of the most talked about houses here on basenotes, Villoresi now enjoys "stealth recognition". :-) I own Uomo (in regular concentration) and Vetiver. I haven't worn them in years because of their non-existent "substance". Really, I always had to spray like crazy to get something out of it. I'll try them again this autumn, and maybe my perception has changed (for the better, this I'd wish).