Code of Conduct

Default Help! I can't open my perfume... (Penhaligon's Artemisia 15ml splash)

Hi all,

I bought a 15ml splash bottle of Penhaligon's Artemisia at the weekend and I can't open it....
    I've tried their suggestion of putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours but to no avail. I've never had a splash bottle so maybe I'm not using the right technique? I've been pulling it, twisting it, trying to wiggle the stopper out.... I think the stopper is slightly wonky but I'm not sure if that's how it was when I got it or if it's as a result of my trying to get it out. I'm afraid of breaking the bottle or spilling the perfume everywhere with the force I've been using to try and open it!

Help me please or I will be separated from my beloved perfume forever....

Default Re: Help! I can't open my perfume... (Penhaligon's Artemisia 15ml splash)

Maybe you can take it back to the place you bought it and have them open it. This way if they break it, you'll get another bottle.

Default Re: Help! I can't open my perfume... (Penhaligon's Artemisia 15ml splash)

I had the same problem with a bottle of Blenheim Bouquet bath oil and I put it in the
    Freezer for about 2-3 hours and it seemed to work.
    I hope this helps and if it doesn't then you should contact the shop that you purchased at and they should allow you to return / exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow_cello View Post
    Hi all,

I bought a 15ml splash bottle of Penhaligon's Artemisia at the weekend and I can't open it....
    I've tried their suggestion of putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours but to no avail. I've never had a splash bottle so maybe I'm not using the right technique? I've been pulling it, twisting it, trying to wiggle the stopper out.... I think the stopper is slightly wonky but I'm not sure if that's how it was when I got it or if it's as a result of my trying to get it out. I'm afraid of breaking the bottle or spilling the perfume everywhere with the force I've been using to try and open it!

Help me please or I will be separated from my beloved perfume forever....

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Maybe you can take it back to the place you bought it and have them open it. This way if they break it, you'll get another bottle.
    This. Or run it under hot water maybe? But that may be bad advice, idk. Good luck
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agreed!! Make the store responsible for opening or replacing it. If you damage it you're probably on your own.

I've had trouble with various samples before. I take a butter knife and lightly lift the cap from all sides over and over until it opens. It takes awhile but nice and easy will do it.