Code of Conduct

Default the best true rose scent

Hello guys,

every winter I get this funny desire for a rose fragrance. I can´t tell why in the coldest of days, I do always lust for a rose fragrance. I want it to be a true rose. I have lots of perfumes with roses integrated somewhere but in this season I want the rose to shine as purely as possible.
    I do love the idea of rosa centifolia in full bloom. Soft, fresh yet voluptous.
    I do love frederic malle une rose and do like rose de siwa by mdci.

Do you have some ideas for the perfect rose scent for me?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: the best true rose scent

Hello, Mademoiselle_Nicole. Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare is beautiful - clear, green, tender, pure rose. True to life rose.
    Last edited by tdem1961; Yesterday at 01:17 PM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

tdem1961, thank you i will absolutely try this. sounds really beautiful.

Joop Le Bain, especially vintage, may be another worthy and quite reasonably priced suggestion (yet good value for money, since it smells anything but cheap in spite of its rather affordable cost). It combines a complexity of rose notes quite skillfully associated, never too imbalanced, overpowering nor sweet, also never becoming too "perfumy" nor floral- in fact, this fragrance can be described (at least, in my opinion) as quite convincing learning experience as to how complex rose notes can actually be. From the utmost fresh, almost sporty, at any rate very energetic, light, almost solar and invigorating rose notes (very subtle and yet refreshing) to the deep, mature, elegant yet again not too heavy complexity other rose notes may suggest.

Worthy of some testing if sampling is easily possible, yet perhaps not an immediate blind buy, since this fragrance may actually develop over time various complex nuances, far more like an expensive one and these very nuances might need a certain extensive time for skin evolution and to consider whether they are ultimately full bottle worthy (or not).

Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose.

Highness Rose Parfum by Montale
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Annick Goutal Rose Absolue is more of a Rosa centifolia smell. Also Montale Highness Rose, as hednic suggested.

Basenotes Plus

Rose de Taif by Perris Monte Carlo is a lovely rose that you might want to sample. April Aromatics San Francisco Rose is also very nice.

Perfume Calligraphy Rose by Aramis.

Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose is a lovely green, dewy rose. Very vivid and textural.

I'll second Hednic's mention of Highness Rose. Very literal ( it's really just rose ), but it's one of the odd quality releases in the Montale line.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; Yesterday at 11:45 PM.

Hi madammoiselle_nicole I agree with Sugandaraja's suggestion of Sa Majesté la Rose. There is also the very beautiful Rose de Nuit which is a more sultry rose, I only mention it because find it works very well for me in cold weather.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Here in the US, Perfumer's workshop tea rose can be had very inexpensively, and I think it's a very good realistic rose.

Have you tried the sample set of Parfums de Rosine? They have rose in all its possible variations and combinations, it's likely that one of them will strike your mood at any time.

cacio

I Love Armani Prive Rose D'Arabie... My favorite Rose so far!!!

Xerjoff 17/17 Dama Rose truly amazing! I understand it may have been reformulated, so hunt down the earlier simpler package and not the newer leatherette box.

I'm no rose expert, but IMO Malle's Une Rose and Guerlain's Rose Barbare are both excellent roses
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads