Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Thursday, August 21, 2014

It's 9:00: do you know where your SOTD is?

I'm in Heeley Coccobello. I really want to love it...because I love the bottle with the little palm tree and I want one.

Mocha, Re: spinning: LOL @ "not having the wardrobe for it." Sounds like a great excuse to go shopping. I do spinning in regular gym clothes...yesterday I did spin class in gym shorts and sleeveless workout shirt like usual. I live in a sort of lo-fashion type place, so perhaps it's normal I'd be out of the loop if there are special spin clothes one is supposed to wear...

I am putting in an order at LuckyScent this morning. To Dzing! or not to Dzing!: that is the question.
    Last edited by ErinK; Today at 01:04 PM. Reason: just love editing, can't help it.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Default Re: SOTD Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pure Malt

Good morning, good smelling (and apparently very sleepy) people of Basenotes.

Sara Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk perfume oil. La mejor, in my opinion. If you want pretty and coconut, this is it.

Mocha and Erin, my kids make fun of me because I wear stretch pants for every sort of workout. I don't wear shorts to run, or to yoga, or to Jazzercise, weight lifting, whatever. No little tennis skirts, no no no. I wear the stretch pants and a tank, or in winter sometimes stretch pants and long sleeve shirt. That is the workout clothes.

Only my 2nd time wearing CB I Hate Perfumes 2nd Cumming. Quite the nice, interesting and calming scent. Thinking about picking up a bottle...but I have a few to test first before I decide on that...waiting on my Slumberhouse Jeke samples to arrive.

Last night I went for a 20 mile bike ride (finally got my bike fixed after 2 long years...) and a 3 mile walk. After the exercise, I spend most of the evening working on a new scent. I made huge progress with the fragrance, I may need to tweak a bit but the notes are falling together nicely: Cedar, Incense, Lavender, Fir Needle, Cognac, Wax and Benzoin.

I'm all switched here at work...no more dual office for me. But, that's ok, I have my own space now instead of a shared room...more ventilation and a WINDOW - ha - tiny as it may be it's better than being surrounded by walls.

Last edited by rynegne; Today at 01:29 PM.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon to all of the exercise freaks who are checking in on this thread I have a drawer full of exercise clothes but absolutely no motivation to wear them I tried to do a workout video last week but my three year old kept running up and biting me on the butt, so needless to say, squats were out of the question.

I am wearing my sample of Sotto La Luna by Andy Tauer today - what a beautiful fragrance! I usually hate gardenia (HATE it) but this is gardenia in a bath of almond custard and the steam from a pan of Basmati rice, not to mention a glorious sandalwood base, so I am really, really LOVING it

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday, August 21, 2014

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

hello all,
    vtg./Feb. 1985/

Byerley by Parfums de Marly

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Good afternoon to all of the exercise freaks who are checking in on this thread

That would be me though only out of necessity rather than enjoyment. Wine, coffee, and cakes come with pesky calories that need burning off in order to remain sylph-like . Needs must !.

Erin. go for the Dzing!. I am a firm believer in trying everything even if it looks like a potential miss. I remember almost writing off Chypre Palatin after reading about the hefty dose of castoreum in the base but still ended up loving it. I've even purchased one or two ouds recently - without prior sniffing I would probably have avoided them like the plague.

Creed SMW.

Basenotes Institution

ErinK - please try Dzing! it's so outrageously fun and unique. It took me years to 'understand' it. I'm so glad I own a bottle
    ClaireV - that Tauer sounds magnificent. I love gardenia and sandalwood...it's been a few years since I have found a Tauer that's really wowed me (that spicy orange one...I can't remember the name, was the last one), I look forward to smelling it.
    rynegne - I think I am going to buy a bottle of 2nd Cumming later this year, probably closer to my birthday in November as a b'day present to myself, so I'll PM you around then, maybe we could do a bottle split. I remember it being very close to Cumming, which is one of my wardrobe staples. Plus I want to buy some samples of some of his newer scents that I haven't smelled yet (that roast beef one, that bug repellant one)

I agree with ErinK - I workout in whatever the heck is clean. Pump it up!

Had a BUNCH of fun last night with a new friend in town, but I managed to get to bed early last night. Got a good nights sleep. Yesterday my cleaning girl informed me that she wouldn't be able to come this week (I get my apartment cleaned & my laundry done once every 2 weeks) so tonight I have to do laundry by myself. Ack! Wish me luck.

First time from a sample:

Christopher Street by Charenton Macerations

This stuff is awesome!! I want some more.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Mexique for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Re. workout clothes; the only special clothing l own for this is a sports bra & trainers. As the only working out l do is in the comfort of my own home, all l wear apart from that is a pair of shorts-style knickers & socks! l get so hot & sweaty that l can't bear any more layers than that.

Rynegne; 20 miles on a bike AND a 3 mile walk?! Hats off to you!

ClaireV; l can't wait to try Sotto La Luna! l am a gardenia freak & this one sounds wonderful.

l wore Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle by Lucy B for work today, SOTE to be decided after a workout & a shower...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

That would be excellent, I'm wearing the perfume version today. I totally missed the boat on the Henry Bendl sale of 2nd Cumming, oh well. I wonder how much they differ...from perfume to water perfume. I never had the luck of trying the 1st Cumming; but this stuff is really quite nice. I don't know about the Roast Beef and Bug Spray stuff; I HATEEEE wearing bug spray lol. I'm super excited for the fall months here in Chicago so I can break out my new bottle of Burning Leaves!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rynegne - I think I am going to buy a bottle of 2nd Cumming later this year, probably closer to my birthday in November as a b'day present to myself, so I'll PM you around then, maybe we could do a bottle split. I remember it being very close to Cumming, which is one of my wardrobe staples. Plus I want to buy some samples of some of his newer scents that I haven't smelled yet (that roast beef one, that bug repellant one)
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Hello all. Morphine by X-Ray.
    DONNA