Code of Conduct

Default NARCISO by Narciso Rodriguez (2014)

Has anybody had the chance to try this yet? It's out at Selfridges in the UK from today, and I'm having to restrain myself from blind-buying it.

Notes:
    Top: White Gardenia, Rose
    Heart: Musk, Amber
    Base: Vetiver, Black Cedar, White Cedar

nd.26127.jpg

Default Re: NARCISO by Narciso Rodriguez (2014)

Never mind, I went and bought a bottle immediately after testing it, which almost never happens. It's so beautifully creamy. I wish I could say more, but I'm not as good with words as Luca Turin. So read here (slide 6): http://arabia.style.com/beauty/beaut...eti-profumo/#6

Not tried it yet, have you tried Narciso Rodriguez by Narciso Rodriguez? How does it compare?

Quote Originally Posted by cc1987 View Post
    Not tried it yet, have you tried Narciso Rodriguez by Narciso Rodriguez? How does it compare?
    For Her? I'm really not great at describing this sort of thing and I've yet to wear them side-by-side, but they have a similar sort of character whilst taking different directions. The musky accord in the original is there, but the florals and (I assume) vanilla in the new Narciso are much creamier whilst not being at all heavy.

I will definitely go and sniff it when it hits stores in Austria. I have gotten tired and fed up with practically everything that came out in the past years. So, do not disappoint me, you and Luca Turin! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    For Her? I'm really not great at describing this sort of thing and I've yet to wear them side-by-side, but they have a similar sort of character whilst taking different directions. The musky accord in the original is there, but the florals and (I assume) vanilla in the new Narciso are much creamier whilst not being at all heavy.
    Yes for Her, I'm wondering if its a variation as they sound similar?

I think this really is a 'very good' (and I am not just parroting an expert opinion here) release on the 'mass market'. The white flower accord (more synthetic jasmine than gardenia to me) is a bit too bugspray-like to my nose, but when it finally blends with the musky base I can see where this is going and it turns out just lovely and intriguing. Narciso is neither too overpowering (easily could be with the white flowers) nor a wimp. Do try it!