Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses

From nstperfume.com:

Ed Hardy will launch Skulls & Roses, a new fragrance duo inspired by Hardy’s skull & rose tattoo design, in September.

Skulls & Roses for Her ~ a “warm and sugary” scent with strawberry, violet leaves, honeysuckle and caramel.

Skulls & Roses for Him ~ a “fresh, ozonic” scent with bergamot, cardamom, lavandin, moss and musk.

The fragrances were developed by perfumers Marypierre Julien and Adriana Medina.

Last edited by petruccijc; 18th February 2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses

These will look great on one's mantelpiece, next to the 1 Million.

Dependent

"The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    Awesome

This works well for me. I try to avoid stuck-up/arrogant/over confident jerks and d-bags in public. I usually use my sense of sight to stay away. I don't want to be near those greased up bar stars. But NOW, I can use my sense of smell. Whats that I smell ? Is it overapplied, ozonic, fruity and disgusting all at once ?? Must be a d-bag comming within my range....

On a side note, what is with the infatuation with skulls and the fragrance fashion world ? Kokorico, Police, and now this ? I have to admit, I sorta like the rose in the mouth ( but I like rose in all forms anyways).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Just in principle I would not wear this

Will pass on this one as well.

Dependent

Last edited by MonkeyBars; 17th February 2012 at 04:24 PM.

This is hilarious!

Man, I thought Ed Hardy's last pair of bottles were awful, but these certainly take the cake! Wow...Why would I ever want a skull (in any color) as a perfume bottle to sit on my dresser? Just seems quite stupid. I can't even begin to fathom what the marketing team was thinking with this one. And yet it will probably sell like wild fire. Facepalm indeed!
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

This is awful.....I'm not interested at all.....Gary

I would be very reluctant to try this, based on a recent experience with Villain.

It smelled decent enough on paper when I tried it at Ulta, so I sprayed some on my forearm. I couldn't distinguish one note from another, just vile, sweet, synethic wood. AND it defied soap and water.

I guess I just don't have an appreciation for the fragrances from this house.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Bottles looks neat. The women's version actually sounds good.

Wait, those are actually the bottles? It's like an Avon collectible from hell...
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

I have not been a huge fan of this house but there are a couple that are OK... Call me silly, but I will reserve judgment on the quality of these fragrances until I smell them and no prejudge based on the bottle designed by a famous tattoo artist! After all, if people judged Muglers scents based on his clothes designs for men he would never sell one bottle.

My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by vbs View Post
    Wait, those are actually the bottles? It's like an Avon collectible from hell...
    HAhaha!!!! I was thinking the same..........

Born wild is a really good aromatic-woody fragance, maybe this one deserves a better place here..

No rose notes?

And more importantly, no skull notes?

I found a bottle of Andy Hardy scented hand sanitizer on a Target clearance shelf a few years ago and bought it because it was in a pump bottle, 90% off and my dad and son had the flu. I remember thinking at the time that it must be sad for an artist to find his work end up there and how I'd never before seen over-proliferation of a brand occur at such a gallop. The then-trendy Hardy art was on purses, shirts, sheets, day planners, and toothbrushes, and not just at Target. Hardy was everywhere and on everything.

The sanitizer wasn't even usable because the scent was as garish, loud, and tiresome as his art, imo. It clung viciously to my skin. I figured I'd rather have the flu and tossed it. I hope this new scent is a little better.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th February 2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Hardy harhart
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

[QUOTE=socalwoman;2457984]I found a bottle of Andy HardyQUOTE]

Mickey Rooney had a hand sanitizer?
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    So, so hilarious

Agreed!

-Bubba (the tapatalk redneck shooting a Droid X2)

They look computer generated
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

[QUOTE=Bossa Nova;2458017]
    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I found a bottle of Andy HardyQUOTE]

Is there a triple facepalm?
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Basenotes Institution

For an unnecessary release, like this, at least they make it easy to poke fun at them, right?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how you are going to spray these bottles? Are we sure that in fact those are the bottles??
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Banned

thanks for the heads up ... can't wait to try this ...

This the most stupid kiddish bottle yet....the plastic rose is the piece d resistance.....oui?

I must be a tacky person because I love the bottles, but I don't expect much from the juice inside.

I give Ed Hardy credit for not creating flanker after flanker after flanker. The bottle is tacky but creative.

I seriously can't believe those are the actual bottles.

Blog Entries

LMAO

I may have to own one just for the tackiness. It will round out my collection in a way that no other bottle can!

I actually liked the men's Villain - which was by Adriana Medina. She's pretty talented. But those bottles! So bad. SO horribly, horribly, horribly bad.

Alas, poor Classic! I knew it, Floratio; a fragrance of infinite depth, of most excellent fancy; it hath borne me on its wings a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my inspiration it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those notes that I have sniffed I know not how oft. Where be your chypres now?

You know the tragic part would be if the juice was actually great, it would be another in a long line of good fragrances ruined by being associated with a bad brand (looking at you Juicy Couture's Dirty English).

Hideous t-shirts. Hideous bottles.

Does it spray through the nose and look like a sneeze? lmao

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Look like the upper part of the skull is the cap so the spray might be inside.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

It doesn't look like one can open the jaw. Bit of a shame really as it would have been awesome to store one's Champion there.

Just when you think you've seen it all LOL

Are they going to sell it at Hot Topic? :P

I think the idea of a skull bottle would work well if it were glass, the liquid red, and if it had a stopper on it like V&R's Antidote, only it were a melted candle. That would rock the cazbah.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    You know the tragic part would be if the juice was actually great, it would be another in a long line of good fragrances ruined by being associated with a bad brand (looking at you Juicy Couture's Dirty English).
    Definitely. Let's hope that the box isn't ridiculous. That way I can skulk out of Macy's with my skull in hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    LOL! Don't give these people ideas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Just when you think you've seen it all LOL
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Are they going to sell it at Hot Topic? :P
    *Really*

I wish I was a teenage delinquent again, so that I could properly enjoy this fragrance. I could burn the flower with my Ed Hardy butane lighter and post the video on YouTube. "Oh, man - it's like - candle wax smoky! Totally rude, dude! What an awesome bottle! The cologne kinda sucks. Even my old man likes it!. But it burns when you spray it. Watch this!"

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Is there a triple facepalm?
    Yes there is, but here's something much more appropriate:

Imagine gifting this to someone =P

http://i32.tinypic.com/fnapz.gif
    Last edited by Gerard_Butler; 18th February 2012 at 06:28 PM.

I feel like i need to buy this just for the bottle.
    I will def try out this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    That's the first thing that came to my mind too LOL
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

This arrived today... that's about the best I can say about it... The bottle is, uhm, unique and I think it will do well for the Halloween kitsch crowd. The juice is probably the worst offering from EH. It was uninspired, boring and fleeting - even more so than most other EH releases.

I only was able to try 3 sprays of it since we don't have an actual tester yet but I don't expect it to improve on subsequent wearings. Even the bottle housing was very cheap and "plasticy" as I was pulling the top off of the skull I kind of expected some children's green slime to come out of the top or some other juvenile toy or candy. Sadly, I think either the toy or candy would have a more interesting scent.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I am not an Ed Hardy fan in principle. I can't stand his art and there is so much ed hardy out there that I get sick of seeing it evertwhere.

Charles Barkley agrees...."its turrible"

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    I am not an Ed Hardy fan in principle. I can't stand his art and there is so much ed hardy out there that I get sick of seeing it evertwhere.
    I don't think you will be seeing them much longer. This brand has plummeted in quality and vision in the last 2 years (not that there was much of either). The frags were never ground breaking or essential to anyone's wardrobe, but what they did do well was appeal to a specific market with a product that was not difficult to understand and was recognizable. Then they just started cloning themselves thinking the party would last.

I have no idea why Arden would buy them out, but since that happened after this latest frag was released maybe EA Frags will do something to save the brand.

There was a time where EH and TR were fantastic about gifts and samples, in fact at my store we relied on those samples to help make sales and keep ppl happy since we didn't have many if any other samples to give. Now, the samples from EH and TR have dried up, my stock is very low and the new sets they came out with have mistakes on the box and the new product is just plain cheap.

I must stop now, I have wasted too many brain cells on this company, I am starting to lose respect for myself...
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I will be prepared this time :

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    It was between this picture and the double face palm.

Says it all.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Wow, didn't hear of these. Bottle designs are just out right stinking lately. Ridiculous, lol. My goodness. I like Ed Hardy's Love and Luck(for women). Other than that..nothing I like from that company. An Avon bottle? Switch it to a skull made out of milk glass and there ya go. Ugh.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

The only Ed Hardy scent I've cared for so far is Born Wild. While lacking in longevity/projection, it's actually a really nice fall scent that is kind of reminiscent of 1 Million or Black XS.

Basenotes Plus

Just cannot wait until I see these in stores . . . NOT!

Almost as bad as the Kenneth Cole Reaction Connected bottle

Horrible design.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Terrible looking bottle...great smelling fragrance! Tested it yesterday and I was impressed.