Code of Conduct

Question Fragrance similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin with better longevity.

I picked up a couple samples of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin the other day and I love the root beer/liquorish scent. The only problem is it only lasts 2 hours tops on me so I found myself reapplying every couple of hours throughout the day (using most of one of the 1.5ml samples in one day). So I'm wondering if there is anything similar out there with better longevity (even a little better would be good). Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Fragrance similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin with better longevity.

If you like the licorice part, I'd suggest Dior Eau Noire. Lavender top, then licorice-immortelle (immortelle has a slightly sweet-caramel smell). Very long lasting. Unfortunately, it is in the exclusive collection, so it's more expensive than the regular Diors.

cacio

Default Re: Fragrance similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin with better longevity.

are you serious? I find LLAM's lasting power exasperating to say the least....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yes, Burberry Touch Men might be worth a try

Funnily enough, when I first tried Lempicka many years ago, I too reported here that it didn't last long enough (it didn't even last three hours in wrist testing).

But when I bought the actual bottle at a sale, the scent lasted for ages when worn under clothes.

Which makes it the oddball scent of my wrist testing, as in general, most long lasting scents on me usually pass the test of being on my wrist, with strength, after three hours of wrist testing.

I can't think of any licorice oriental quite like Lempicka. But if you like the licorice/aniseed, check out Armani Remix and Mat:Very Male.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Junkie

its one of the most unique scents and lasts forever on me

I put it on this morning and can still smell it. Body Kouros is very similar to the Au Masc

Olfactory fatigue. LLaM is known to be watered down when it comes to the US, however, even when watered down, it still last more than 8hrs.
    If you want to buy LLaM, I suggest you go with the tester since the tester that I've bought from Amazon is super strong with bombastic sillage, last easily 24 hrs & it also has more development compare to the retail bottle

If you dab on the wrist and smell it up close that is a recipe for olfactory fatigue. Also, there aren't many frags that go on super strong and stay that way for hours, beyond what LLaM does, that is. And then finding one that smells the same and is considerably stronger is just not going to happen. Body Kouros may seem like it's stronger because it's got eucalyptus and I have the feeling that is more detectably than anise/licorice, so you can sample that one to see if it works for you.

You should give Lolita Lempicka (ladies´ version) a try!

Does last a fair while but could last longer and louder. Dry down sometimes is nice, other times I get the nasty woody that some describe.

Also be careful, there is a supposedly shorter lasting Fraicheur version but it does not seem to say this on the bottle itself.

Maybe try another batch. Mine sample lasts easy 16 hours on me.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Thanks guys... Based on some of your suggestions I will get a tester bottle. I found some on ebay, but the bottle looks slightly different. Have you ever seen this before? Is this the same thing? Thanks... http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOLITA-LEMPI...item3371d69c9d

Looks fine. A good seller is very important when buying cologne on eBay and he's strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg15 View Post
    Thanks guys... Based on some of your suggestions I will get a tester bottle. I found some on ebay, but the bottle looks slightly different. Have you ever seen this before? Is this the same thing? Thanks... http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOLITA-LEMPI...item3371d69c9d
    Could be the Fraicheur version. I'd mail the seller first to make sure.

You gotta consider that LLaM morphs into a completely different scent from top to bottom. It starts with a anise/licorice vibe with greenness from the ivy and violet. After a few hours when it transitions into the base, it is a sweet, powdery vanilla. The vanilla base lasts all day on my skin. The OP may be reapplying after the anise/licorice notes dissipate, not realizing that LLaM is essentially "two fragrances in one." Several of the YouTube reviewers have described this.

My impression is that it is pretty much just another take on Le Male, only with anise, as is Altamir, only with orange blossom, and many others.

I've seen those different looking bottles as well. Could be the wrong pix ( of the Fraicheur bottle instead) but I'd want to be sure.

And interesting about the strong testers/US stuff being watered down. Just a rumor, or accepted truth ?

Add me to the ranks of those who scratched their head at hearing someone say this stuff is not persistent. One of the longevity kings of my small collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg15 View Post
    This bottle is the Fraicheur version, not the LLAM original one. Difference between bottles is that the one of the fraicheur is coloured in a lighter blue and also is plain simple, not like the original (see below):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOLITA-LEMPI...item1e63fe5d2e

On-topic, LLAM has great longevity (12hrs+) and very good projection. I owned the fraicheur version as well and didnt last on me more than 3hrs. You mentioned you had 2ml samples, please check them again: they look exactly the same for both versions, just that on one its written "fraicheur", very small under the Eau de Toilette.

Thanks guys... yea the picture is of Fraicheur version but seller says ebay posted picture, not them, and they have the regular version. Thanks again for the help.