Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Love and Tears -- Shall I Surrender?

Recently I have fallen for this one and have put it on the wish list.
    And also, relatively recently, I heard from someone (excuse me not remembering who you are!) that they have Prelude To Love, but since then discovered more nice neroli fragrances.

Am I going to have the same with jasmine?
    Which other jasmine soliflores should I try before firmly deciding on Love and Tears?

Love and Tears lovers, come in! Do you think there's many jasmines like this one?

Thanks! Many thanks!

Default Re: Love and Tears -- Shall I Surrender?

You could try Acaciosa (my jasmine), Amouage's jasmine attar or the dirty Neil Morris Gandhara (my other jasmine).

My go-to jasmine is Serge Lutens' sarrasins. Whilst not a soliflore, I prefer it to la nuit which I find rather wears me.

Blog Entries

Montale Jasmin Full & Nasomatto Nuda.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

PG Drama Nuui.

It's the bergamot and petit grain opening that really makes Love and Tears special, IMO. The only thing I would point out as a negative is that the longevity is not as good as some other jasmines on the market.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

+1 for Nuda by Nasomatto and all the great suggestions above.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I am not a jasmin girl, but I really like Love and Tears. L'Incandescent is right, the Petit Grain makes this a very enjoyable perfume.
    Evenstar

Jasmine Vert by Miller Harris might be another one to try.

Blog Entries

Please do not think I did not listen!

As of now I have everything that was mentioned on this thread in my hand in the form of samples or in the mail coming to me. Of course, even more. Once you start getting samples, it is hard to stop.

I did try and fall hard for Nuda (thanks to you all who mentioned it!). It is funny, though, I don't think people usually complain about lasting power for Nasomatto frags, but I wish Nuda held for longer. Perhaps, the deal is that I had a LS dab sample (way too expensive to sample any other way!). Next time I am in San Fran I will know to spray it on and be ready to surrender!

Jasmin Full is a lot of fun, too. My husband calls it "jasmine candy". I do detect a sweeter edge in it as well.

PG Drama Nuii I will need to retest because my first approach to it did not work. I am not sure, but there's something thick and doughey in it (I am sure this is not a word, but I am thinking a marzipane dough, and you BNers have been known to understand what I mean despite my oft-observed lack of clarity). The same note renders Mona di Orio Oud completely unwearable to me, and I know you love that one too, Bonsai. I will try it again.

Thanks everyone for the recs!

Blog Entries

Thanks for reporting back, Warum! Glad you enjoyed Jasmin Full, it's one of my favourites.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I need to try Love and Tears, been meaning to for a while. Recently, I tried the A La Nuit..I love the honey note, just love it! It's very much jasmine, almost too much jasmine in there for me but the honey note really has me coming back to it. I prefer the A La Nuit over the Jasmin Full. I have been meaning to try some products from Lush, because I hear they have wonderful jasmine scents. Glad you have been having fun Warum, I do love jasmine!

Blog Entries

Kalli,
    I drained a sample of A La Nuit, pretty much gave the very dregs of it to my friend (was ashamed when I actually saw how little was left). But I loved it, then I hated it because I thought i hated jasmine then... and now I am doing another 180 degrees on it! I will definitely be trying it on. Hopefully, in the end of the week, when I make it to perfume house store in Portland.

Teadrop,
    we're jasmine twins. I've tried some that weren't mentioned in this thread, too (EL Private Collection Jasmine White Moss, OJ sampaquita, Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint, Le Labo Jasmine 17) and so far your two recs are right up there.

But I have not tried some of the other ones mentioned on the thread yet! I have a TPC order coming to me (STILL) even though I ordered it on May 5.