Code of Conduct

Default Forum now closed: A new way to add things.

I've now closed this forum to new threads, however you can still reply to old ones.

If you want to add a fragrance to the directory, make sure you are logged in and you can then:

Instructions are on the page.

Please notes, you can only add fragrances that are made by a house currently in the directory. If your house isn't listed, please email grant.osborne@basenotes.net, with the subject NEW HOUSE

Many thanks to all of you !

Default Re: Forum now closed: A new way to add things.

Off to add some Xerjoff fragrances....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Thank you Grant, and thank you all for adding fragrances.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Thank you Grant, I haven't been to the forum in a long time and i've just seen the new ways of contributing, I hope i will continue to add a little morceau to the already weel-stocked database, you know my love for oldies as I have posted since a very very long time about some of the many missing Houses and Scents and even though it saddens me a little that we can't post new threads, there's always other options!

Thank you again Grant and I truly appreciate your work!

cheers

Hello I just added a fragnance called Alambar by Laboratorio Oflattivo house. I Think that all of their scents are worthy to list them. I can do it if you don't oppose. The're really interesting works with an artistic touch to them.

After adding, I get the message: "flereAdding your stuff - have a chocolate medal for being so lovely."

A little ambiguous, but pleasant enough, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    After adding, I get the message: "flereAdding your stuff - have a chocolate medal for being so lovely."

A little ambiguous, but pleasant enough, I guess.
    So apparently the form is not working for me (tried in both Firefox and Chrome). I get that generic message, and the fragrance that I added (in this case, Seduction in Black - Antonio Banderas) never shows up in the directory. Anyone know why?

EDIT: This is what I see after submitting. Something's amiss...

Blog Entries

l get the same message as Baldini. The first few fragrances l added showed up in the directory after a few days, but the rest l added over a month ago have still not showed up. Please help?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thanks a lot. You will only approve the entries now?

I will update the brazilian houses Natura, O Boticário, L'Acqua di Fiori, Colombo and some other clothes brand that now have some colognes here at Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    So apparently the form is not working for me (tried in both Firefox and Chrome). I get that generic message, and the fragrance that I added (in this case, Seduction in Black - Antonio Banderas) never shows up in the directory. Anyone know why?

EDIT: This is what I see after submitting. Something's amiss...
    It means you did it correctly. Now the entry is in queue to be approved (by Grant) and will eventually show up in the directory.

Surprise, surprise, -- there's a slight backlog now, as more people discover the tool. But things will get up a lot sooner than they used too. We've added nearly 3,000 fragrances in the last few months. Thanks all!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reassurance, Grant!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I added about 5 or 6 last night! This is a great feature, and something that I hope will allow the addition of many missing fragrances from the database. Is there a way that veteran members can volunteer to go through submissions to confirm their existence, speeding the addition process up?

Thanks Grant. Can you tell us what the approximate delay is between submission and the site update?
    I'm not sure if my submissions have come through or not.

It is a great feature, thank you! But repeating laph's question, is there any way of letting us know how long the back-log might be taking to get through? I believe I submitted a few fragrances several weeks ago that haven't shown up, but now I don't remember exactly which ones. I don't mind resubmitting them, but I wouldn't want that to cause a problem with duplicates.

Thanks again.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Bump.

I've noticed nothing has been added in the last day or two, so maybe my entries fell through the cracks. Should I resubmit them?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Should all be there. Hoping to catch up when site stable. Cheers

I submitted a few fragrances and haven't seen them added yet. Is any house opposed to having their discontinued fragrances listed here (I can't imagine why?) There are several Creed fragrances I have that are not listed and have information about, from official sources. Just curious... thanks Grant!

If it was sold commercially at some point we can list it.

Does this feature still work? I've used it to try and add quite a few fragrances to the directory over the past few months. Unfortunately though not many have appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Does this feature still work? I've used it to try and add quite a few fragrances to the directory over the past few months. Unfortunately though not many have appeared.
    It works, but I think there is a huge backlog of entries to be approved.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    It works, but I think there is a huge backlog of entries to be approved.
    That's good to know. Thanks for your response

Hi all, If I wanted to submit a correction of an already existing entry, how would a go about it?
    Un parfum doit avant tout sent bon. - Guy Robert -

On the EU's amendment to sharpen restrictions on fragrance allergens

Hi!

Unfortunately, there is a backlog at the moment although using the submission form with a clear explanation of the correction in the 'Additional Information & Sources' section should enter it in the queue.
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Is there a limit to how many to submit in a day or any timeframe limit?

Quote Originally Posted by MadKat View Post
    Is there a limit to how many to submit in a day or any timeframe limit?
    You can submit as many as you want in a day, they all line up in the queue for Grant to approve. Not sure what you mean by timeframe, do you mean how many you can submit per hour? As far as I know there are no such limits.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Thanks!, I was referring to any limits.. ie: on another site you can only have 12 in the queue at one time, you can't add more until one of your has been removed (you know because you can see the queue) . I'm new here and submitted about a dozen that I have (went from names starting with A thru F) and am waiting for those to show up before adding more.. Is there still a big backlog? I noticed that my reviews take at least a week or more to show up also. When I added a new house it showed up in just a day or two.. Kudos! I love being able to contribute to this site.

Thanks for contributing, MadKat! From what I understand there is still quite a backlog but things will show up eventually.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker