Code of Conduct

Default Alright, I'm taking the plunge into Creed

What do I do about Batch codes etc...

Where do I buy from.

Let's say I want to get 4 ounces of Millisime imperial, how do I make sure I get the "good" batch people keep talking about with the pronounced melon note

Got my credit card ready

Default Re: Alright, I'm taking the plunge into Creed

You have come to the right place.....

Do I contact the Creed boutique and tell them to give me the "Mellon Batch" ?

Go to the nearest high-end retail outlet. Sniff to your heart's content. Buy what you like. Forget about batch numbers, and other esoterica. Trust your own style and taste.

If you get it from the creed boutique it will be a 2011 batch which have all been great, there was a huge thread on this recently. 2010 batches were the ones that some people were unhappy with. they are all gone from the creed boutique and most popular websites.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Go to the nearest high-end retail outlet. Sniff to your heart's content. Buy what you like. Forget about batch numbers, and other esoterica. Trust your own style and taste.
    this is even better advice but no one follows good advice usually

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    If you get it from the creed boutique it will be a 2011 batch which have all been great, there was a huge thread on this recently. 2010 batches were the ones that some people were unhappy with. they are all gone from the creed boutique and most popular websites.
    Alright so 2010 bad, 2011 great. I'm not gonna wait for the 2012, I'll buy it now

Best advice I could give you is buy some samples off of Ebay and when your ready to buy go in on a split which the bottles usually come from the Creed Website. If you want a full bottle I'd recommend online websites D'Dara, ScentedMonkey, or Fragrancenet. I've bought Green Irish Tweed 2011 batch, Millesime Imperial 2009 batch, Virgin Island Water 2010 batch, Silver Mountain Water 2010 batch, and Tabarome Millesime 2008 batch from those online retailers and haven't been disappointed yet. The only really bad batches I've heard of are the 2010 MI batches and some of the older Aventus batches.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Best advice I could give you is buy some samples off of Ebay and when your ready to buy go in on a split which the bottles usually come from the Creed Website. If you want a full bottle I'd recommend online websites D'Dara, ScentedMonkey, or Fragrancenet.
    Worried about shelf time from places like that

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Worried about shelf time from places like that
    Well D'dara has a 100% satisfaction guaranteed return policy with no questions asked. That's where I got my bottle of GIT and VIW from. You also have to take into account the fact that your going to save well over $100 if not more on a bottle. The only risk your taking with D'dara is the time that it takes to get and return the bottle. I believe they also pay for shipping both ways on RMA's.

Looks like D'dara's website is down or they went out of business. Glad I bought mine when I did. Good luck.

For MI, just wait for 2012 batches. In a couple months or sooner they will probably be out. Never know, could be a mega melon year. Just buy a 2011 decant for now if your pants are itching that bad. Why gamble on a 2011 bottle now when 2012 could bring something even better.

I'd think Creed would have gotten the message by now: MORE MELON DAMNIT.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    For MI, just wait for 2012 batches. In a couple months or sooner they will probably be out. Never know, could be a mega melon year. Just buy a 2011 decant for now if your pants are itching that bad. Why gamble on a 2011 bottle now when 2012 could bring something even better.

I'd think Creed would have gotten the message by now: MORE MELON DAMNIT.
    So much mellon it will knock my socks off ????

No. That will only happen if your lucky enough to find MI in the all gold bottle.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Forget MI. Get GIT. Superior in every way. And forget batch numbers. You could go crazy trying to keep track of all that stuff, and it's not worth the headache. Most of the batch number stuff is a lot of hooey anyway. Any variations are miniscule, and even then there's never a "better" or "worse" batch, just slightly different from time to time.

Buy from the Creed Boutique. Buy from anywhere else except Neimans, and you're asking for old stock, bad stock, counterfeit stock, and a future of hating Creed without ever having smelled a fresh, straight-from-the-Creed Boutique warehouse bottle of the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Forget MI. Get GIT. Superior in every way. And forget batch numbers. You could go crazy trying to keep track of all that stuff, and it's not worth the headache. Most of the batch number stuff is a lot of hooey anyway. Any variations are miniscule, and even then there's never a "better" or "worse" batch, just slightly different from time to time.

Buy from the Creed Boutique. Buy from anywhere else except Neimans, and you're asking for old stock, bad stock, counterfeit stock, and a future of hating Creed without ever having smelled a fresh, straight-from-the-Creed Boutique warehouse bottle of the good stuff.
    This concerns me

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

This concerns me

A lot of people can not tell the different between GIT & CW.

I have tried both on each hand so i can tell you that they are different. Violet in GIT is really prominent.

People usually associate unfamiliar scent with what they already known.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Aspen smells even more like GIT. Doesnt look like you are quite ready to take the plunge.................

What is wrong with Neimans?

He meant buy from anywhere else but Creed boutique or NM and youre looking for trouble.

Fragrancenet and fragrancex are ok also,2011 batches there if you care about that.

Thing about Creeds is everyone has their opinions on which ones are the best, but the only way your going to know is to sample, sample, sample. There's been a ton of "What's your top 5 Creeds" threads on this site and all of them are pretty varied on which one's they like. My personal favorites are GIT, SMW, and VIW. Again sample and hope you get a bottle your pleased with.

Aspen smells even more like GIT. Doesnt look like you are quite ready to take the plunge.................
    Just not GIT. MI, VIW and SMW

I was just going off the vid you posted.

Forget all of those and go right to Aventus. Cant be mistaken for anything else.

Whichever you decide to get, get it from the Creed boutique.

As others have mentioned, get samples first. Ebay is where I get a lot of my Creed samples. You can usually find good deals, like 3 sample vials for $12-$13. From there, you can determine which particular Creed(s) you enjoy.

As to where to buy Creeds, if you want to play it safe, get it from Neiman Marcus or CreedBoutique.com. So far, I only have two bottles of Creed and I got them both from Fragrancenet. I am very satisfied with the quality and will most likely buy my future Creeds from them. I think they have a really good return policy as well.

Creed is my favorite niche house by far. They have consistently made classy scents that I really enjoy. So far, I have tried Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed, Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial, Aventus, Royal Oud, Original Santal, Erolfa, Bois du Portugal, Virgin Island Water, and Royal Water. Out of those, there were only two that I didn't like: Original Santal & Royal Water. For the rest, I would consider bottle worthy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^

Check eBay for 2011 decants... If u like what u smell, run through your decant and buy a bottle

Forget all of those and go right to Aventus.
    Was just about to say this exact same thing. Aventus is the only one I'd pay full retail for. And I still wouldn't pay full retail for it.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Forget MI. Get GIT. Superior in every way.
    Hmm my opinion is the opposite of yours, I think MI is the only Creed worth buying and not for retail of course. Aventus doesn't impress me.

GIT is overrated. It's a nice scent, but MI smells much richer IMHO. GIT has better longevity though. Aventus trumps both of them in those regards.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

If you're a snazzy gentleman, get GIT.
    If you're a not so macho but fancy kinda guy, get MI.
    If you're a guy on an internet forum desperate to get compliments because your looks alone don't get you any but you need some because every guy needs to feel good about himself to get over the fact that maybe he's not so good looking but still believes there's gotta be something out there maybe a cologne to get him a compliment to stroke his ego... get Aventus.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    GIT is overrated. It's a nice scent, but MI smells much richer IMHO. GIT has better longevity though. Aventus trumps both of them in those regards.
    got to totally agree with this
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    If you're a snazzy gentleman, get GIT.
    If you're a not so macho but fancy kinda guy, get MI.
    If you're a guy on an internet forum desperate to get compliments because your looks alone don't get you any but you need some because every guy needs to feel good about himself to get over the fact that maybe he's not so good looking but still believes there's gotta be something out there maybe a cologne to get him a compliment to stroke his ego... get Aventus.
    Had to lol at your description of Aventus. That's why there's a Creed made for everyone.

Blog Entries

Go with Fragrancenet and save yourself money
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

As far as GIT goes the opening smells similar to Cool Water but that's about it. It just depends on if you wanna spend the money. I usually go to my local Saks Fifth Avenue and smell them out. The people there sat with me for about an hour explaining their whole Creed line to me along with batches and all that stuff. Aventus does smell really good though.

I was a little harsh on Creed when I tried out a few of their frags because my testing methods had some flaws. Spraying 4 Creeds and 3 Tom Ford frags on your arms at the same time just doesn't work. Ford's Tobacco Vanille and Amber Absolute killed my senses and I could barely make out anything else. Even Aventus seemed to disappear on me. So I gave them a try the other day with much better results. I love MI. Maybe the bottle was just a better one, but it's great. I used to think Hardy's Love and Luck was a good alternative, but now see it's not as close as I thought. Also Aventus has great longevity. Put it on around noon yesterday and could smell traces on my wrist this morning. I want to give it another try just to evaluate the scent itself. I thought the opening was good and liked the drydown even better, but I need to love it to justify the cost. Also think SMW is very good.

Blog Entries

Went to the mall and tested some Creed fragrances. The selection is huge, but my wife really likes Silver Mountain Water on me, and she thinks Aventus is good, too.

Amazon.com offers a very affordable SMW so I might purchase from there. As for Aventus, I might buy a split here from a reputable basenoter.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Went to the mall and tested some Creed fragrances. The selection is huge, but my wife really likes Silver Mountain Water on me, and she thinks Aventus is good, too.

Amazon.com offers a very affordable SMW so I might purchase from there. As for Aventus, I might buy a split here from a reputable basenoter.
    Glad you liked it. My wife also enjoyed SMW and Aventus. She also really liked Himalaya. I ended up getting bottles of SMW and Himalaya from Fragrancenet. If you check out the discounts forum here on Basenotes, you can find some good Fragrancenet coupons.

15% off with code "basenotes" on fragrancenet