Code of Conduct

Default Escada Magnetism... Price?

I enjoy then scent, and found it at store in the mall. I talked the SA down to $70 for a 3.4oz/100mL but feel like that might still be a little too much. Any input is welcomed. Do you think I should shop around or buy it? Couldn't find any online except ebay for $99.99.

Default Re: Escada Magnetism... Price?

Quote Originally Posted by i8paintchipz View Post
    I enjoy then scent, and found it at store in the mall. I talked the SA down to $70 for a 3.4oz/100mL but feel like that might still be a little too much. Any input is welcomed. Do you think I should shop around or buy it? Couldn't find any online except ebay for $99.99.
    I'd wait and continue to shop around until you find a better deal. However, if you want it that bad, by all means get it.

looks like $70 is a good price
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I'm surprised. Even $70 seems like a lot. Magnetism was the first cologne I got myself, first year of college, it was (rough conversion to USD) about $25 then. This is 2007. I'm actually on the hunt for it myself, but like OP said, ~$99 is what you get it for online. Well, back to scrounging the small shops here.

I guess i should have bought that escada pour homme from the thrift store a few months ago. its going for over $100 on ebay also.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Cannot believe the price of this one goes out of control like that, it used to be around 19.99 that Marshall & TJMaxx. If you like it then go with $70.
    I've just sold my used bottle for a friend the other day, the scent smells nice but isn't justified the price of it now! With such price, the options for much better fragrances are endless

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Cannot believe the price of this one goes out of control like that, it used to be around 19.99 that Marshall & TJMaxx. If you like it then go with $70.
    I've just sold my used bottle for a friend the other day, the scent smells nice but isn't justified the price of it now! With such price, the options for much better fragrances are endless
    I agree. I got a 3.4 oz at TJ Maxx, about 2 or 3 years ago, for 24.99. I ended up selling it, which I kind of regret doing now. It looks like the Escada house is pretty much out of business, as all of their fragrances have been discontinued, to the best of my knowledge. The only one that's really worth having is Escada pH.

That's a great price for it now. It's discontinued and very hard to find.

You should pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I agree. I got a 3.4 oz at TJ Maxx, about 2 or 3 years ago, for 24.99. I ended up selling it, which I kind of regret doing now. It looks like the Escada house is pretty much out of business, as all of their fragrances have been discontinued, to the best of my knowledge. The only one that's really worth having is Escada pH.
    Escada is still putting out womens fragrances.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Thats not a bad price considering what its going for online, But I bought my 50mL for about $30 from Winners about a year and a half back, and stupidly sold it. I would only require it at that price though, thats its value to me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Its a very good and hard to find fragrance, and i think its worth the price tag that theyre asking now

This scent is not worth $70. Now as a discontinued fragrance you can sell it for whatever some fool is willing to pay for it, but even when this thing was widely available, it was hardly worth the $20 I paid for it. Nice smell, but wasn't really that compelling or diffusive. Too subtle for me. I now own Versace Man (also discontinued) and it is similar but with more bite. Got a 100ml for $44. Don't go overboard with Magnetism.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garšons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I don't think the quality of the fragrance in any way justifies these exorbitant prices. Just because something is discontinued does not necessarily make it good.

I personally do not find this fragrance to be worth more than $30 or $35 max (for 100 ml). Save your money, you can get much, much better fragrances at the $100 price tag.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    I personally do not find this fragrance to be worth more than $30 or $35 max (for 100 ml). Save your money, you can get much, much better fragrances at the $100 price tag.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Agreed. I just gave my half full bottle 1.7oz of Magnetism to my brother for nothing because although I do enjoy the way it smells I just don't like smelling like it.

Gotta admit though, it's a compliment getter.

Angry Re: Escada Magnetism... Price?

Unfortunatly in the UK all shops have not been stocking Escada for a long while now so have resorted to scouring EBay. Magnatismn I found not as good as the original Escada ES which I am stock piling. I also bought a Magnatism ladies version. very flowery but the women love it on me with loads of compliments.. (nice ones).. I usually bought in the States but it seems it is just as hard to get there now.. suppose I will soon have to a different make.. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Thats not a bad price considering what its going for online, But I bought my 50mL for about $30 from Winners about a year and a half back, and stupidly sold it. I would only require it at that price though, thats its value to me.
    Same here. I got a 50ml @ $24.99.......and returned it . It is interesting how I, myself, have changed my mind on how much I like it now that it is hard to find. Strange, but I supppose you don't appreciate what is available to you once it is taken away.

What surprises me is how much stocks have dwindled in such a short period of time. Not to mention how high prices have gotten. I want a bottle, but cannot say I love the fragrance, so I would only have what the old retail was. Oh....how I wish I could go back in time and snag those cheap bottles.......
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Update: Found a sealed 100ml Magnetism for Men today, finally, for Rs 3570, which is about $40. The guy has encre noire for the same price, so i wont be buying the magnetism

Wow, this is a really average scent to me. For a similar experience, just buy Armani Code or Midnight in Paris. None of these are my type, so "to each his own".

There's an Escada outlet store by my house that still has Magnetism in their display cases. Didn't realize this stuff was going for so much.

It have some similarities with Midnight in Paris, but fruity and fun