Code of Conduct

Default Burberry the Beat

I was looking for a peppery, fresh, leathery fragrance and I came across Burberry The Beat. It seems to match pretty well with what I am a looking for. I found a bottle online that looks exactly like the EDT for about $20, but the seller has it listed as an aftershave. Are there aftershave sprays? If so; how do they differ from "normal" sprays? PS. Any other suggestions for a peppery, fresh, leathery frag? Thanks.

Default Re: Burberry the Beat

Do you have a Burlington coat factory near you? They have 50% off giftsets there and The Beat was going for $45, so for $20ish bucks you can have the gift set. As for aftershave sprays, I don't know if The Beat has one.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Spicebomb is a suggestion for a peppery leather.

Marc Jacobs Bang > Burberry The Beat

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned

Bang by Marc Jacobs - One is initially treated to an explosion of a sparkly pepper, unrestrainedly furnished by the pepper triumvirate - black pepper with its smooth, almost woody presence, pink pepper with its hay-like, potpourri air and white pepper with its earthiness. This jumble is very velvety rather than sharp in texture. A faint woodiness beckons the lively opening to its middle. Here, in the heart, sundry woods and faint greens tame and infuse the vibrant pepper, and pass it to the waiting base. Bitter and earthen vetiver, somewhat peppery and herbaceous patchouli, musky and leathery white moss, smoky, citrusy and woody elemi as well as earthy and sweet benzoin create a dark concoction to absorb the heart. A byproduct of the commingling of the middle's conifers and dry cedar with the components of the robust base makes for a fleeting, turpentine-ish vibe, otherwise the much subdued, foreboding melange flows to its alluring drydown. This inviting composition can be an all-season scent, and has good projection and average longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Bang by Marc Jacobs - One is initially treated to an explosion of a sparkly pepper, unrestrainedly furnished by the pepper triumvirate - black pepper with its smooth, almost woody presence, pink pepper with its hay-like, potpourri air and white pepper with its earthiness. This jumble is very velvety rather than sharp in texture. A faint woodiness beckons the lively opening to its middle. Here, in the heart, sundry woods and faint greens tame and infuse the vibrant pepper, and pass it to the waiting base. Bitter and earthen vetiver, somewhat peppery and herbaceous patchouli, musky and leathery white moss, smoky, citrusy and woody elemi as well as earthy and sweet benzoin create a dark concoction to absorb the heart. A byproduct of the commingling of the middle's conifers and dry cedar with the components of the robust base makes for a fleeting, turpentine-ish vibe, otherwise the much subdued, foreboding melange flows to its alluring drydown. This inviting composition can be an all-season scent, and has good projection and average longevity.
    Agreed

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

In my opinion the The Beat's pepper is clearly more intensive than the present but comparatively tame pepper in Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by BassWurst View Post
    In my opinion the The Beat's pepper is clearly more intensive than the present but comparatively tame pepper in Bang.
    I agree. I have both, and love The Beat, but never wear Bang at all. To me, Te Beat has pepper that lasts throughout the entire life of the scent. Also, that leather/cedar dry down mixing with the pepper and citrus is perfect. With Bang, I only get a hit of pepper up front, then a weird, off-putting resinous base that smells like some kind of chemical polish mixed with wood. (It would have been much better with just wood and not that chemical note. -- I suspect it's the elimi or that combined with benzoin). Anyway, to me, The Beat's base is far nicer.