Code of Conduct
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Wink Acqua di Cuba (EDC) by Santa Maria Novella

My SMN Tabacco di Tuscano is haft empty now.
    I like it, but I find it is too light & lack of longevity. I use it as one of my office scents.

Then I heard about Acqua di Cuba which is also a tobacco-based scent by the same house, but it is more heavy with great longevity.

If I buy Acqua di Cuba, I am also going to wear it to my air-conditioned office.

My office scent should not has monsterous silage & projection, but it need serious longevity since I work from 8.30 AM to sometimes after midnight.

I have some questions.

1. Is it suitable for air-conditioned office ?

2. What is the longevity you get from it ? It is a EDC so I am quit worry about this issue ?

3. Is it has monsterous silage ?

4. How many sprays should I wear for the office ?

I am going to try it at local SMN shop this week.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 19th February 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: Acqua di Cuba (EDC) by Santa Maria Novella

When you work till after midnight, can you come in late the next day?

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    When you work till after midnight, can you come in late the next day?
    No.

Accord to my recent official paper that handed to every employer last week, no matter how late you have working, we must come to work on time.

I am a policy analyst, our task requires our team to work overnight sometimes since some order demand that the task must finished in 24 hours.

A couple years ago, I have been given 30 minutes to prepare a speech on how to drive our missions on the local level for our executives to speak to local officers from across the country. Teamwork is really important in my team.

This is quit an off topic isn't it.

I'm struggling to see it as office friendly - I see it more as a weekend frag, but maybe that's just me - after all, I don't know what your office is like. The longevity is very good. I'm not sure I'd describe the sillage as monstrous, but it's not shy either. As for how many sprays to wear to the office, I'd keep it to a minimum.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Last edited by Pollux; 19th February 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Can you at least take a shower during office hours?

I know this is off topic and opinionated by I cannot for the sake of me avoid to mention this, I apologize if it is offensive but I think that working from 8:30 till past midnight, that makes of your workplace a sweatshop... That does not talk well of your company nor your directive staff, are they aware of that? Plus, if I were you, I would seriously be thinking about changing jobs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Can you at least take a shower during office hours? I mean, from 8:30 till past midnight, buddy, you sure work in a sweatshop... That does not talk well of your company nor your directive staff, are they aware of that? Plus, if I were you, I woudl seriously be thinking about changing jobs...
    We have shower for people who stay on night shift so we use that shower.

It is not like I work till midnight everyday. It is only happen when any member of our team got the urgent tasks which are 3 - 4 days a month.

During work hour we can go downstairs to buy some coffee or go to the bank so it is not that strict.

The payment for working overtime is about 1/3 of my salary so it is not that bad.

Now we try to improve the sytem of our organization to make our task finish faster.

As a governing officer, I believe what our organization do can help people in need which is why I choose to work here at the 1st place.

My 1st position in this orgazization is somewhat like a undersheriff in the district, now I am a policy Analyst so it requires me to work harder.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 19th February 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Just some thoughts on your dilemma. I hope this helps.

It should be fine for office use if you don't over apply it. Instead of trying to get 12 hours from a fragrance by spritzling 4-6 sprays, just use 2 sprays and reapply later in the day. That might be inconvenient, but there are not many scents that will still be going strong in the evening from a morning application. Some SMN scents run kind of bold and heavy - it is just their old style of using birch tar in many of their scents. Tobacco Toscano is one of those along with Sandolo, Peau d' Espagna - imo. However, Acqua di Cuba is not especially over bold but it could be that way if you over apply it. You might try one of their lighter fragrances such as Patchouli or Marasciella. However, you won't get the great tobacco and masculine. For a less offensive version of these notes you could switch brands to Creed and use their Royal Oud - very nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Just some thoughts on your dilemma. I hope this helps.

It should be fine for office use if you don't over apply it. Instead of trying to get 12 hours from a fragrance by spritzling 4-6 sprays, just use 2 sprays and reapply later in the day. That might be inconvenient, but there are not many scents that will still be going strong in the evening from a morning application. Some SMN scents run kind of bold and heavy - it is just their old style of using birch tar in many of their scents. Tobacco Toscano is one of those along with Sandolo, Peau d' Espagna - imo. However, Acqua di Cuba is not especially over bold but it could be that way if you over apply it. You might try one of their lighter fragrances such as Patchouli or Marasciella. However, you won't get the great tobacco and masculine. For a less offensive version of these notes you could switch brands to Creed and use their Royal Oud - very nice.
    Thanks for your advice.

I have contact Creed Thailand Facebook page months ago, they said they will Royal Oud will be available here in 2012, but they do not give specific date yet. I am looking forward to try that.

I find Acqua di Cuba to be perhaps the most long lasting of the SMN line. Sillage is normal, but not overwhelming. However, it is quite different from tabacco toscano. The primary note in AdC is big, strong sweet honey, which is however prevented from turning into cloying or urinous (as honey often does) by the drier tobacco background. I like it because of this tension; however, you must really try it first to see if it works for you.

But in general I second Buzzlepuff's idea of respraying - if you like a frag, just bring a small decant to the office. Instead, for something that lasts days, a favorite material is immortelle/helichrysium. Examples are Dior Eau Noire, Goutal Sables, and Histoires de Parfums 1740.

cacio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I find Acqua di Cuba to be perhaps the most long lasting of the SMN line. Sillage is normal, but not overwhelming. However, it is quite different from tabacco toscano. The primary note in AdC is big, strong sweet honey, which is however prevented from turning into cloying or urinous (as honey often does) by the drier tobacco background. I like it because of this tension; however, you must really try it first to see if it works for you.

But in general I second Buzzlepuff's idea of respraying - if you like a frag, just bring a small decant to the office. Instead, for something that lasts days, a favorite material is immortelle/helichrysium. Examples are Dior Eau Noire, Goutal Sables, and Histoires de Parfums 1740.

cacio
    Thanks for your advice .

I'd try Czech & Speake's Cuba. It is much nicer than any of the SMNs.

I think SMN Acqua di Cuba is perfect for your little dilema, actually. It has crazy longevity, but it doesn't radiate too much. I'd say go for it, Wit. Don't spray too much, otherwise, you will just overwhelm yourself. 2 sprays is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I'd try Czech & Speake's Cuba. It is much nicer than any of the SMNs.
    !!!!
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

To each his own of course. I tried AdC and to me it smelled like a sweet scented candle from one of those craft stores (Michael's, Yankee Candle, etc) with a big dollop of civet. I would urge anyone interested in cigar/tobacco type scents to try CS Cuba (preferably side by side with a cigar) or Sonoma Scent Studios Tabac Aurea for a sweeter, more cherried pipe tobacco.