Code of Conduct

Question Iris Bleu Gris vs. Iris 39

i own the former and dont' know the latter. is iris 39 'fuller' and longer lasting? i read about animalic note. this sounds tempting too.

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Iris Bleu Gris vs. Iris 39

No and no. I'd describe Iris 39 as greener, "rootier," drier, and a bit more transparent than Iris Bleu Gris. Mind you, I think highly of both, but the MPG is the richer and more complex to my nose.

Unfortunately, I do not know IBG. I like Iris 39 a lot. It is, as offscenter was saying, green, fresh, and rooty. Not animalic. It is not as fresh and transparent as, say, la Pausa, but it is nowhere as rooty and dark as Iris Silver Mist.

The body cream is very good too. Elsewhere, I reported a strange occurrence when wearing it after a long swim in a chlorinated pool.

cacio

thank you both great noses for the input! i know this is a question for very seasoned fragrance lovers.
    cacio, how about the chlorinated pool 'occurence'? i swim 2km almost everyday and i am very curious.

Here's the thread on iris 39 + pool
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/287...leach-florals-...

I have not tried to replicate this experience in DC, so I don't know whether it is a unique combination of the chemicals used at Chicago FFC. I don't smell the same when I get out of the pool here in DC, but who knows. I think one day I should try to replicate, apply iris 39 after swimming, enter the steamroom, and go from there.

cacio

I'm wearing IBG now and I love it. It's a bit of a chameleon this one. I percieve different things every single time I wear it. When I first got it, all I got was a sharp citrus and a bit of iris and I regretted purchasing it. Then after not wearing it for a couple of months, I revisited it and I got an amazing mossy, dry rooty base. And just today I'm wearing it, and I'm getting the best of both worlds
    As for Iris 39, there's something in the composition that rubs me the wrong way. I respect it, but I prefer IBG.

IBG is as everyone says more complex.
    Iris 39 is a green iris. Not as rooty as ISM nor is it as dewy and feminine as Citta di Kyoto.
    It's very strong and long lasting.
    Like scent, I mostly got citrus when I tested IBG. At some point Imwant to properly test IBG since a lot reccomend it as an iris perfume.

for swap/sale:

As others have mentioned I39 is somewhat green. It's also quite floral with some herb, spice and carrot.

It isn't my thing, I prefer my iris buttery and more prominent but it's a worth trying and could be amazing if it fits your taste.

Both top quality fragrances but I don't get any animalic notes from Iris 39 which is basically a green carroty-rooty iris to me. IBG has an overall rougher edge (which I prefer).

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here