Code of Conduct

Cool So, my parents accidentally bought me a bottle of le male SUMMER edition...

While on an overseas phone call with my mom, I told her to buy me a small bottle of le male after having run out of options (no rochas man, lolita lempicka au masculin, or body kouros). She asked me, "Are you talking about the 'blue' one?". Thinking that, "of course, the original le male comes in a blue bottle", I said "yes". Not knowing that she was actually referring to the TIN CAN, I unknowingly consented to her purchase of the summer edition. Now, should I be upset? I've heard that the summer edition is nothing but a watered-down, inferior version of the original. Note that I usually get to own only 1 new bottle of perfume every year due to my being a student, in a country where part time jobs are uncommon. Does the Le Male Summer edition have ANY redeeming qualities? The only thing that might salvage this fiasco is the fact that I live in a tropical country near the equator. Finally should I stick with it, or should I just give it to someone as a gift? Projection really matters to me, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone can shed some light regarding this.

Default Re: So, my parents accidentally bought me a bottle of le male SUMMER edition...

Honestly its not that bad. It is a watered down version of the original, but feels a bit more fresh. Since you live somewhere warm, I would just stick it out, seeing as regular Le Male can be a bit cloying.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: So, my parents accidentally bought me a bottle of le male SUMMER edition...

I don't own it, but from sniffing in the store it IS lighter than the standard Le Male (which is a good thing, IMO). It might lack the projection you desire, but it smells very similar. Plus, you can go heavy on the trigger since I'm pretty sure this only comes in a large-ish 4.2oz bottle.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

That's like getting a bottle of non-alcholic beer...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Le Male is too heavy to wear in the summer or anywhere hot and humid. A summer version may be just what you're looking for if you live in a tropical place.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Make a big kiss to your mom ! for me there is nothing worse than Le Male in a hot climate

If it's suitable for the climate, keep it, then again, if it's not the right one for you, I'm sure I'll make a great gift

You should be outraged that your parents bought you anything in the god-awful jean-paul gauthier line, especially something as unwearably bad as Le Male....

[QUOTE=sebastian09;2460239] I unknowingly consented to her purchase of the summer edition. Now, should I be upset?/QUOTE]

let me see if i can help you with that in some small way. you're asking if you should be upset wit chur mom because you screwed up ? hopefully i got that wrong, but just in case, @ least she's willing to be an enabler for your blooming addicition . . . . .
    don't be a lil snit, nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian09 View Post
    Finally should I stick with it, or should I just give it to someone as a gift? Projection really matters to me, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone can shed some light regarding this.
    I'd stick with it.

Dependent

It's honestly not that bad. I have the 2011 Summer version, and it's even a Tonic, and it still lasts hours and hours.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

That's definitely grounds for emancipation.

Its good, keep it and thank your mom, she tried to do her best

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Its good, keep it and thank your mom, she tried to do her best
    hahaha yea! and having a summer version wouldnt be all that bad.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Wear the heck out of it. It was a gift from your mother.Wear it with pride!
    Mark K

So how's the frag?

To be fair it's a well liked and adored fragrance outside of the connoisseur crowd. So in that respect it's a winner.

Thanks for the replies, guys! Will get back to you once I'm done trying out the fragrance for at least a week. Concerning my first sniff though. It is definitely A LOT mintier than the original. It also takes a longer time to get to the basenotes; it probably didn't even get to the vanilla amber base at all. Unlike the original Le Male, the mint kind of stuck around throughout the entire progression of the fragrance. For owners of the original: How long does it take for the fragrance to hit the basenotes? Also, I am not upset with my mom. I'm upset at the thought of having to deplete a 4.2 oz bottle of perfume that supposedly has the diluted effect of the original. I'll probably let my dad and sister try out the summer edition. Since, I won't have any problems sharing a huge bottle of edt.

In a hot climate, I personally would choose Le Male Summer over the original Le Male. I have Le Male Summer and like it very much. Cooler bottle than the original, too.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Banned

see if your mom can return it ... if not, thank her, and decant it for friends and family ...

Since you do not have Le Male, the summer edition might be the perfect replacement. The summer edition still keep 80% the smell of Le Male while cooler & fresher which is perfect for hot weather. If it doesn't last long on your skin then I suggest to spray more & keep a decant to refresh yourself when you need to

They tried their best. Sometimes parents don't get enough credit.

I think you should just enjoy it in the summer, your parents tried there best imo