Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Lacoste Essential: Essentially Awful

Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    Dont like this one, but strangely I do kind of enjoy the sport version. Strange thing is being a "sport" version, the projection and longevity is quite good...
    Lol! I noticed that either! And the smell is a little better, just a little.

Its not worse than zillion of other sport frags. This one is certainly unoffensive and easy to wear. Its not groundbreaking but neither awful. Easy 3/5 stars scent for me that is on par (if not better) with Bleu De Chanel for example.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    Currently wearing: Philosykos by Diptyque

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYTID View Post
    You guys are a little to extreme......This is a great fresh green scent.....very casual everyday scent and perfect for summer, really non offensive(got compliments).....the only issue i have with it is longevity.......the sport version is also a good counterpart
    I think it is more a matter of competition. If there werent 100 better fresh frags out there, I would probaby purchase essential. Fresh frags arent my favorite type. Im more into sweet floral but when i do wear a fresh frag it will usually only be something that is exceptionally good.

I don't own it but I don't mind it.

The frag may not be anything spectacular or unique but it is far from an offensive throwaway mess or sickening as the OP calls it, that's just being dramatic. To each their own, though.
    Last edited by UrbanCoyote; 19th July 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Sur la Plage

Dreadful.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lacoste Essential Sport is better.

Dont want to write off the whole house yet, my frag journey started off with the old Sport from '94, Booster and Lacoste 2000. Everything else after those I didnt like (Ie Challenge = cat pee) but Essential Sport and L.12.12 Blanc are pretty ok (I still dont own any of them though)
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Out of the Lacoste house I've smelled Lacoste Pour Homme, Lacoste Booster, Lacoste Essential, Lacoste Essential Sport, Lacoste Style in Play, and Lacoste Challenge. Booster was the only one that I enjoyed and still do. Has a very refreshing mint with a slightly soapy drydown. Great summer frag.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Out of the Lacoste house I've smelled Lacoste Pour Homme, Lacoste Booster, Lacoste Essential, Lacoste Essential Sport, Lacoste Style in Play, and Lacoste Challenge. Booster was the only one that I enjoyed and still do. Has a very refreshing mint with a slightly soapy drydown. Great summer frag.
    It's a pitty Booster has bad sillage and lasting power on my skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's a pitty Booster has bad sillage and lasting power on my skin.

I like Lacoste Essential tbh. It's definitely not something that will blow you away, and it's very linear, but to me it's a pretty good smell and lasts good on me (7-8 hrs any day)

Lacoste Original (1984) remains as the only fragrance from Lacoste's "pre - Procter and Gamble" era.
    It also means that it remains as their only fragrance worth buying today.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

I have a mini of Essential. The mini is nice in that it's a generous size and has a great sprayer. On first sniff, I thought "Hey, I kind of like this." That opinion didn't last long. At the 3 hour mark, I couldn't stand it anymore and had to wash it off. I tried it again at least twice since then, each time liking it less than the time before. To be fair, I have yet to find a typical summer scent I really enjoy. I like L.12.12 Blanc, but I wish it had a bit more of a mature vibe.

i don't think it's that bad of a scent. essential sport i think is a little better. just not something i'd go out and buy