Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Silver Mountain Water by Creed?

Does it last long and project well on anyone? Do you think it's a good fragrance to wear year around?

Default Re: Thoughts on Silver Mountain Water by Creed?

Longevity about six hours on me. Projects well, especially if you spray liberally. I usually do only one or two sprays. Seems more appropriate on chilly days - a bit too sweet for warm weather, IMO.

Projects pretty well. Lasts about 10 hrs on me. Got a compliment the last time I wore it about 7 hrs in.

The ultimate icy fresh fragrance to me. I dont reach for it that often, but when I do, I love it.

IMO it's fine to wear year round.

I have a 2011 batch and it lasts about 4 hours on me. I've been complimented on it by a girl a few hours after applying so it projects pretty well.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It’s a light aquatic that’s good for warm weather.

I really like SMW. This is one I will buy if I find out projection/longevity is good on me.

SMW has been my work scent for the last year or so, I do 12hr shifts and can smell it on my shirt when I get home from two sprays to the chest, never really monitored how long it last on skin, and I've gotten several "you smell goods" from it.

No, yes and yes.

for swap/sale:

I'm not a huge Creed fan, personally, but SMW was perhaps one of the better ones that I tried. I got great longevity and sillage for a Creed (better than GIT anyway) and I'd wear it year round. I'll wear anything year round, though.

It's good all year. The samples I have tried have had poor longevity and mild projection.

This and Himalaya I consider good scents. They both last and can be worn easily all year round, but not some of Creeds best offerings and not worthy of purchase for me.

It smells wonderful, that is, for the 30 minutes or so that it lasts, shameful longevity, this needs to be released as an EDP...

I get ten plus hours with this one and I like it though it tends too outstay its welcome after four to five hours and I tire of it.

It's versatile enough and I get decent longevity from it, around 6 hours usually.

Personally, I prefer it in the winter because of it's "coldness".
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

imo its a great scent which, Projects well and last 8+ hrs

OK, I have to get a bottle of SMW. I'm thinking of selling my MI (99% full) for $120. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I own it and love it, after initially finding it too femme. It lasts better than any other citric-fruity-floral-aquatic, and has a certain character I really appreciate. It'll always be in my rotation.

I own it. I liked it at first. I find it rather boring now. Message me if you want to swap it

Just purchased a 15ml decant and couldn't be happier!

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's a nice one, but in my opinion doesn't hold a candle to Green Irish Tweed, and Tommy Girl achieves a similar effect at one-tenth the price. But yes, SMW is a year-round scent with ample sillage and decent longevity on my skin.

I own this and love it. Unfortunately, if I want to achieve some degree of longevity (beyond 6 hours), I have to spray directly onto my clothing as well.

Love a lot of Creeds but this one smells better on my wife than me so it's hers now. Now I just use her MI and we're both happy.

I love it. Several reviews said teenagers/younger fold wouldn't enjoy it, but I disagree! Unfortunately, I can't quite pin down how long it lasts, but once I got a compliment 3 hours after application (3 or 4 sprays I think), but it seems like usually people can't smell it a few hours later.

If it lasted as long as Aventus (the God of projection and longevity imo), then it would be another perfect fragrance.

It was my "go to" scent for a long time. Excellent to wear at anytime anywhere. If you like Creed this is a "must have" scent.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Dependent

I dont really enjoy SMW for some reason. If i was to choose, i will probably pick GIT for an all year round wearing. Then again thats just my personal opinion
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

SMW is my favorite fragrance of all time. IMO, the scent emanates class & sophistication. You can be liberal with the sprayer and it does project well. Longevity is about 6 hours, unless you spray on clothing (in that case, it'll last you much longer).

After coupon and cash-back discounts, you can get it for a good price on Fragrancenet.

Dark Ceasar, I can't PM you for some reason. How full is your SMW? I might be interested in a swap.

SMW pales in comparison to MI.

Blog Entries

I like the scent and my wife loves it on me -- she says it's not like any other colognes I wear. Will be purchasing this soon.

love the smell of this stuff. I got a sample vial almost a year ago. at first I didn't like it. it smelled way to feminine. I like really masculine clean smells. in the past few months I've really gotten to like it more. to me, it's very addicting, like GIT. no money to buy it though

Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    love the smell of this stuff. I got a sample vial almost a year ago. at first I didn't like it. it smelled way to feminine. I like really masculine clean smells. in the past few months I've really gotten to like it more. to me, it's very addicting, like GIT. no money to buy it though
    Heperd is hosting a split of SMW and he's a great guy so hit him up!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

I use to be my signature. After going through a couple of bottles, I decided I wasn't getting the longevity and projection I wanted from it. It was a shame because it would have been top 5 creed for me otherwise, even now.

Quote Originally Posted by autumngleeman View Post
    I use to be my signature. After going through a couple of bottles, I decided I wasn't getting the longevity and projection I wanted from it. It was a shame because it would have been top 5 creed for me otherwise, even now.
    Interesting, many other people have complained about longevity. For some reason, the more I wear this scent the more I realize how good the longevity is. I put it on around 2:30 pm yesterday, it's 10:30 am right now and I still smell it on me (even after changing my clothes).

Not sure if it's the weather or what, but I no longer have complaints about the longevity. Also, where you spray is important. I spray one to the chest, one to the back of the neck, and one to the front of my clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Interesting, many other people have complained about longevity. For some reason, the more I wear this scent the more I realize how good the longevity is. I put it on around 2:30 pm yesterday, it's 10:30 am right now and I still smell it on me (even after changing my clothes).

Not sure if it's the weather or what, but I no longer have complaints about the longevity. Also, where you spray is important. I spray one to the chest, one to the back of the neck, and one to the front of my clothing.
    I use this on my clothing and it lasts till I wash them, even up to a week or longer. Great scent, amazing longevity. Batch A3511S01. My 2011 Aventus lasts forever as well.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I use this on my clothing and it lasts till I wash them, even up to a week or longer. Great scent, amazing longevity. Batch A3511S01. My 2011 Aventus lasts forever as well.
    Nice. Yeah, it seems like the longevity on this got better over time. The batch # on mine is A3510M02. Couldn't be happier. According to the batch #, I think mine was made in 2010. I bought my bottle from Fragrancenet.

I think it's great. Has a nice cooling feeling to me

I wish my 2011 bottle lasted more than 4 hours b/c it's a great fragrance.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Very good longevity on me. Would say year round, but better in the cold.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post

The weather sure helps. Another benefit of being a Cali native.

Silver Mountain water is one of my favorite fragrances and probably my favorite Creed. I get very good longevity on it, but if you happen not to, give Bond no. 9 Hamptons a try. It's very similar but a tad more "summery".

Do you think Silver Mountain water works well as a formal / semi-formal / shirt + tie scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Do you think Silver Mountain water works well as a formal / semi-formal / shirt + tie scent?
    I think many would say yes, but for me personally, I wouldn't. There's a certain pasty sweetness to it somewhere inbetween the opening and the base that I think would be inappropriate for anything other than casual. Perhaps it would work if it was well into the dry down before you went out formally. I do know that it might just be my skin, as it smells slightly differently to me than other's descriptions.

If you can, try it and ask a friend what they think about it as a formal scent.