Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 781
  1. #451
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Updated #432. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

  2. #452
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    TAKEN:

    Happy Spring floral sample set going to chchristyen.

    Extra samples of the Inekes going to bogsc
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 24th March 2013 at 09:56 AM.

  3. #453

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    I'd love to try the two ineke's. Will pm you. Carolyn

  4. #454

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Caron samples - all the fountain exclusives in the little Caron cardboard boxes. I've collected them over the years.

    Warning: most of the scents have been reformulated, but at least you'll know what all the fuss was about!

    They have been kept in a nice, soft, white / pink piped Chanel makeup case; you get that, too.

    I'll do my best to make sure they arrive intact. PM if interested.

  5. #455
    Basenotes Junkie VintagePoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    Caron samples - all the fountain exclusives in the little Caron cardboard boxes. I've collected them over the years.

    Warning: most of the scents have been reformulated, but at least you'll know what all the fuss was about!

    They have been kept in a nice, soft, white / pink piped Chanel makeup case; you get that, too.

    I'll do my best to make sure they arrive intact. PM if interested.
    I am suuuuper interested in Caron fragrances. Is this offer CONUS only or would you consider Canada?
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

  6. #456

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    There was just one PM ahead of yours, VintagePoison, I'm sorry. The Caron samples have a new home.

    Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    I am suuuuper interested in Caron fragrances. Is this offer CONUS only or would you consider Canada?

  7. #457
    Basenotes Junkie VintagePoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thanks anyways!!
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

  8. #458
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Twolf, I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I was reading about Woodhue and enjoyed the sweet, sentimental associations that people were making to it's scent. If it's still available, I'd be up for it. Thank you for this huge, generous offering from your collection.

  9. #459
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Yours, dear! My pleasure.

  10. #460

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    ALL CLAIMED

    TWOLF & BAMBOOGRRRL: We just got a bunch of snow dumped on us last night/today, please forgive me a delay of a day or two for shipping, I REALLY don't feel like going out in this weather, I was out last night and the roads were really, REALLY bad.

    CONUS ONLY, PLEASE!
    Okay, here's my (somewhat lame, sorry) contribution...it seems very lackluster, so I hope you all will forgive me. I have these samples/decants available, and I can split it up into 2, maybe 3 packets unless someone claims them all.

    --BCBGMAXAZRIA EDP
    --Juicy Couture EDP
    --Juicy Couture: Viva La Juicy
    --Versace Bright Crystal (no card)


    CLAIMED:
    --Badgley Mischka Couture
    --Versace Yellow Diamond
    --Fath de Fath EDP
    --Micallef Aoud Gourmet
    --Carner: Tardes


    --Jo Malone: Amber & Lavender Cologne
    --L'Aromarine Vanille Extrait about 2.5 ml in 5 ml bottle
    --Estee Lauder: Pleasures
    --Estee Lauder: Pleasures mini bottle--not sure of exact size, but at least 4 ml
    --Chanel Vintage No. 19 (#19) EDT
    --Chanel Chance EDT sample roll-on (about half-full)
    --Banana Republic Alabaster small decant, 3 ml or so

    --Cuir de Russie about half full, about 1-1.5 ml sample (not sure what brand, probably Chanel but MIGHT be Creed, or something else...)
    --VINTAGE Chloe EDT (Lagerfeld)
    --Sweet Redemption by Kilian ("The End") about 60%
    --Lanvin: Rumeur SEALED 2mL EDP
    --Jeanne Lanvin EDP
    --Costes (2): 1 full, 1 50%
    --Marc Jacobs: Lola (no card)
    Last edited by kayley123; 25th March 2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: showing claimed ones

  11. #461
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Nice offerings, Kayley123! (never apologize for freebies). I should have more to offer shortly...

  12. #462
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    What SaNielsen said about "luckluster". One girl's junk is another girl's treasure, I have heard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Mailed out first four packages, PMed to their recipients. Will try to mail out the three remaining packages next week. Thanks for your patience.

  13. #463

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Packages are all prepared except Twolf (still need your address)! I will try to ship them tomorrow or Friday. Please let me know when you receive them!

  14. #464

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    OK, here's my Spring Cleaning contribution:

    To one CONUS basenoter:LLP Memoire Cherie 1/2 oz 70%, Mackie Perhaps decant ~ 6 ml, SJP Lovely 3ml, assorted surprises TBD. Just PM me.

  15. #465

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Packages to:
    juanderer & chchristyen
    shipped today

    Packages still to be shipped (hopefully Friday):
    bamboogrrrl & Twolf

  16. #466
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thank you, kayley123!

    And also thank you seattlelight and SaNielson ~ will let you all know what I think when they get here!

  17. #467

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    ok, here's my spring cleaning contribution:

    To one conus basenoter:llp memoire cherie 1/2 oz 70%, mackie perhaps decant ~ 6 ml, sjp lovely 3ml, assorted surprises tbd. Just pm me.

  18. #468
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    CONUS spring cleaning offerings:

    Erbe Bergamo roll-on by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz
    Tulipe's Red Musk Oil

    dabber sample: Red Leather by Paul Kiler

    Send me a message with what interests you. Peace today, Lisa

    parcels going out soon to: rubegon, Jem182, treeman5823.
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 31st March 2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: additions, removals

  19. #469
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    CONUS spring cleaning offerings:

    Dolce & Gabanna Feminine (small bottle)
    Omar Sharif pour femme (small pretty bottle of age-burnt juice)
    Tulipe's Red Musk Oil

    spray decants: Ormonde Jayne Woman, Lostmarc'h Lann-Ael, Shocking de Schiaparelli vintage EDT, Aquamarine by Revlon

    spray sample: Delices de Cartier

    dabber sample: Red Leather by Paul Kiler

    Send me a message with what interests you. Peace today, Lisa
    I pm'd you earlier about the Omar Sharif and a spray sample of Delices de Cartier.
    Last edited by southerngardens; 31st March 2013 at 04:03 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: Tiffany by Tiffany

  20. #470
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Robbie-- since I've sent you a bunch of stuff, let's see if there's 'new blood' interested first.

  21. #471
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    Robbie-- since I've sent you a bunch of stuff, let's see if there's 'new blood' interested first.
    Lisa,

    You haven't sent me anything in a long while! I never received the perfume set, so, let's forget about it?
    You can do what you suggest. No big deal.


    southerngardens
    Last edited by southerngardens; 31st March 2013 at 04:33 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: Tiffany by Tiffany

  22. #472
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Robbie, you have the 3 bottle set of Vietnamese scents going out to you. I have sent you many things in the past and would like to give others a chance. Let's be fair, please. Lisa

  23. #473
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thank you for your continuous generosity, Lisa. I also appreciate your thoughtfulness and politeness in regards with Give vs Take issues.
    Last edited by Twolf; 31st March 2013 at 09:33 AM.

  24. #474

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    The giveaway thread in the MFD has rules in place. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/312...29-13/page4Are some needed here now too? If so, do you think the same rules should be effect here or would a different rules be better?

    This post from Stu spells out the rules on the other thread:

    Offering samples and bottles for free will be allowed here. Let's see if we can do this without asking for sample shipping costs. If someone offers samples and then later receives some, the costs should be a wash. Shipping samples in a small sandwich type baggie and then placing them in a bubble wrap envelope should cost no more than $2.00 U.S. Bottle shipping requests must be for typical shipping costs. Even though the bottles are free please pack them carefully! This should be a fun and conflict free experience. Please do not ask for more than one freebie per month. We do not want "freebie hogs" to ruin the experience for everyone else. Requests are not allowed here, as doing so would be outside the marketplace rules and allowing it would lead to requests from those who do not meet marketplace requirements. Please state to whom you have sent samples. Some reply by PM so no one knows who got them. We want to be able to see if anyone is "hogging" the sample giveaway. Regarding shipping out of one's country- Although some have no problem with this, it is certainly not an obligation. Some must wait on line at an actual post office to do so as opposed to being able to ship domestically from an annex. So let's not disparage those who state CONUS or EU ONLY, for example.

    All responses to giveaways should be public so there is no question as to who was first. It may be wise to first post publicly and then follow with a PM with one's address.



    Much of what Stu stated was an attempt to avoid having the thread turn into a means of avoid the marketplace requirements for wish lists and the rules about selling decants. I am not sure that's been an issue here.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

  25. #475

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Hi, I PMd you about the Dolce & Gabanna. I would love to try it!

    Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    CONUS spring cleaning offerings:

    Dolce & Gabanna Feminine (small bottle)
    Erbe Bergamo roll-on by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz
    Tulipe's Red Musk Oil

    spray decants: Lostmarc'h Lann-Ael, Aquamarine by Revlon

    dabber sample: Red Leather by Paul Kiler

    Send me a message with what interests you. Peace today, Lisa
    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Jem182; 31st March 2013 at 07:16 PM.

  26. #476
    Dependent sophi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salamina,Greece
    Posts
    3,348

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Erbe Bergamo DSH sounds interesting.....is it possible for you to ship to Europe?
    Thanks!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

  27. #477
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Sorry, Sophi, but I will only ship to the US. . Lisa

  28. #478
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    The giveaway thread in the MFD has rules in place. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/312...29-13/page4Are some needed here now too? If so, do you think the same rules should be effect here or would a different rules be better?

    This post from Stu spells out the rules on the other thread:

    Offering samples and bottles for free will be allowed here. Let's see if we can do this without asking for sample shipping costs. If someone offers samples and then later receives some, the costs should be a wash. Shipping samples in a small sandwich type baggie and then placing them in a bubble wrap envelope should cost no more than $2.00 U.S. Bottle shipping requests must be for typical shipping costs. Even though the bottles are free please pack them carefully! This should be a fun and conflict free experience. Please do not ask for more than one freebie per month. We do not want "freebie hogs" to ruin the experience for everyone else. Requests are not allowed here, as doing so would be outside the marketplace rules and allowing it would lead to requests from those who do not meet marketplace requirements. Please state to whom you have sent samples. Some reply by PM so no one knows who got them. We want to be able to see if anyone is "hogging" the sample giveaway. Regarding shipping out of one's country- Although some have no problem with this, it is certainly not an obligation. Some must wait on line at an actual post office to do so as opposed to being able to ship domestically from an annex. So let's not disparage those who state CONUS or EU ONLY, for example.

    All responses to giveaways should be public so there is no question as to who was first. It may be wise to first post publicly and then follow with a PM with one's address.



    Much of what Stu stated was an attempt to avoid having the thread turn into a means of avoid the marketplace requirements for wish lists and the rules about selling decants. I am not sure that's been an issue here.
    I don't think these set of rules should apply here. There was a misunderstanding between myself and Lisa and does not warrant imposing these rules here. We worked it out between ourselves.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: Tiffany by Tiffany

  29. #479
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    7,174
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I don't think these set of rules should apply here. There was a misunderstanding between myself and Lisa and does not warrant imposing these rules here. We worked it out between ourselves.
    That's good to hear southerngardens, & l agree.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

  30. #480
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,010
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    I agree too, the thread has been self-regulating and I don't think rules are needed at this point.



Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free to a good home
    By LiliB in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 7th July 2011, 02:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000