Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Default Re: Free to a good home

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Lucky me, I landed 4 oz EACH of vintage Zibeliene and Weil de Weil, and would love to share. If you've ever wondered about this underappreciated house, I'll send samples of one or both to the first 5 respondents. While the Weil name still exists, only the vintage is worth exploring. Weil to my nose is on a par with Chanel and Guerlain, with a particular genius for the animalic. Zibeline is a spicy, heliotrope laden blast from the past, originally intended to scent furs—as it does my mom's mink. Weil de Weil is a bitter green floral, drying down with those florals intact burnished by civet and leather. Featuring narcissus and hyacinth prominently, it is a perfect early spring fragrance. Bittergracenotes summed it up perfectly, "it is the smell of a swamp in Paradise."
    Hello jujy -

I'd love to try a bit of Zibeliene.

I'd love even a tiny sniff of the weil's if possible. Huge vintage, green and animalic fan!

Basenotes Plus

Hi jujy,

I'd like to smell both, please!
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Blog Entries

Hey Jujy!

I just got my Zibeline PDT in the mail today, but I would love to smell the Weil de Weil!

Thanks!

southerngardens

PS. I've become so interested in Weil, I've ordered the Weil Pour Homme to see how it fairs since it was reformulated. Crossing fingers!

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 20103
    This set just came in the mail from another member( thank you). It's a delightful perfume set of mini perfumes called Miss Vietnam. The fragrances are not my style and I wanted to offer it to someone else to try that is in the USA. Just be the first to PM me your name and address and it's yours!
    I am moving at the end of this week,so,I will try to get them out before Friday.

Thanks,

southerngardens

Claimed by jujy54
    Last edited by southerngardens; 7th April 2013 at 04:33 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: Poême by Lancôme

Lucky me, I landed 4 oz EACH of vintage Zibeliene and Weil de Weil, and would love to share. If you've ever wondered about this underappreciated house, I'll send samples of one or both to the first 5 respondents.
    Wow, lucky you indeed! I love vintage Weil Noir and am just starting to explore the others.
    Not sure if you ship out of the US but I would love a sniff of anything you're able to spare.
    Currently wearing: Vol de Nuit by Guerlain

queen of the universe

rowan-! Noir! I will send you a sampler and my firstborn for a sniff of Noir, tho her husband may have a problem with the firstborn business....
    Seriously, pm me with an address.

southern gardens, I'll take them off you hands. Decanting tonight, so Weil recipients, watch you mailboxes (:
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï

Oh dear jujy54 I don't know if I've inadvertently misled you into thinking I'm sitting on a reservoir of Noir! I'm nowhere as fortunate as you - I do love it but all I have is a tiny parfum bottle and what's left just about covers its base so I honestly don't even know how much I'm going to be able to get out of there. I hope you'll understand - and even if I do send you anything it's going to be such a laughably pathetic smidgen. I'm really very, very sorry about that... perhaps you should pass those Weil decants to someone more deserving than me!
    Last edited by rowan-; 6th April 2013 at 09:25 PM.

queen of the universe

A smidgen is fin, rowan-. I've sent tiny samples of scarce or dear stuff by dampening a cotton ball and putting it in a tiny Zip-Loc bag, then double bagging. You're still getting your decants, no worries.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, the Weil sampling has filled up. If your post precedes this one, you're in. Please pm me an address and whether you want one, the other, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Raok = random act of kindness = a freebie.
    Applause !!!

- - - Updated - - -

A smidgen is fin, rowan-. I've sent tiny samples of scarce or dear stuff by dampening a cotton ball and putting it in a tiny Zip-Loc bag, then double bagging. You're still getting your decants, no worries.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, the Weil sampling has filled up. If your post precedes this one, you're in. Please pm me an address and whether you want one, the other, or both.
    Thank you for your kindness
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

jujy54, thank you so much! Shall I send you a few drops in a vial so you can try it on skin? I'd like to know what you think of it, especially since so little has been written about it online and you've evidently got much more experience with vintage Weils than I. I have to add that I work highly irregular hours so it may be a few days before I make it to the post office... but I will get there.

- - - Updated - - -

TAKEN:Jo Malone: Velvet Rose and Oud, Earl Grey and Cucumber, Nutmeg & Ginger, Dark Amber & Gingerlily, Rosewater & Vanilla going to Whitefluffy

TAKEN: CB I Hate Perfume: Memory Of Kindness, Under the Arbor, Indonesian Vetiver Accord, Revelation, In the Summer Kitchen, Wild Hunt, Black March, Russian Caravan Tea, Violet Empire, Cumming, and Cedarwood Tea going to foodog

TAKEN"patchouli & jewels": Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums, Patchouli Antique by Les Nereides, Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan, and, by Olivier Durbano: Amethyst, and Black Tourmaline going to Ekscentra

Peace today, Lisa
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 8th April 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: update for claimed items

Lisa, your generosity knows no bounds! Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Truly!!

I don't want to monopolize or take too much advantage of your kindness, but I would be very interested in trying the CB I Hate Perfume samples, if no other takers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a really cute mini of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, if anyone wants it. Also a large deluxe sample vial of Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Plus a random assortment of smaller samples that I will include with the other two. Prefer to ship within the U.S., please.

PetiteRobe.jpg
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 7th April 2013 at 09:39 PM.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

heart of ice

I removed it for you, FooDog.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I removed it for you, FooDog.
    Thank you so much!!
    - Bruce Lee

Oh, I feel bad for asking since I've received a few freebies already, but may I have the LPRN mini if no one else asks for it? Minis are so adorable (and I actually have room for them in my apartment. Augh, not enough space!) Feel free to disregard me if you'd rather wait for someone else, I would understand completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FooDog View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I have a really cute mini of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, if anyone wants it. Also a large deluxe sample vial of Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Plus a random assortment of smaller samples that I will include with the other two. Prefer to ship within the U.S., please.

PetiteRobe.jpg

queen of the universe

rowan-, of all things, there was an auction for 1/2 full mini of Noir Parfum, out of UK. I know my limit, so one one hand, I lost, on the other handI helped raise the price for the seller (; and can feel some relief at the shekels that are still in my pocket (;

Quote Originally Posted by kayley123 View Post
    Oh, I feel bad for asking since I've received a few freebies already, but may I have the LPRN mini if no one else asks for it? Minis are so adorable (and I actually have room for them in my apartment. Augh, not enough space!) Feel free to disregard me if you'd rather wait for someone else, I would understand completely.
    Of course you may!! PM me your address.
    - Bruce Lee

queen of the universe

Weil recipients: family matters overtook the weekend, I will keep you posted as to when these get out. So sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    CONUS only please: 2 sample sets, one per person, choose Jo Malone, or "patchouli & jewels":

Jo Malone: Velvet Rose and Oud, Earl Grey and Cucumber, Nutmeg & Ginger, Dark Amber & Gingerlily, Rosewater & Vanilla

Peace today, Lisa
    These sound very juicy . If there is no other takers, I wold really love to try these as I have sniffed very few of Malone's. But if there someone else interested, I will be happy to drop out . Thanks!

Weil recipients: family matters overtook the weekend, I will keep you posted as to when these get out. So sorry.
    No worries for me - I hope things are OK with your family.

rowan-, of all things, there was an auction for 1/2 full mini of Noir Parfum, out of UK. I know my limit, so one one hand, I lost, on the other handI helped raise the price for the seller (; and can feel some relief at the shekels that are still in my pocket (;
    D'you know what, jujy54, I was looking at that same auction, and watching my hopes of replenishing Noir slip away rather quickly. I suppose there are folks who want Noir more badly than we do! Anyway you're still getting that little sample - don't forget to PM your address when you're able to.

Blog Entries

No problem! Family comes first! Prayers and thoughts going out to your Family.
    I got my Weil Pour Homme in and will get a sample to you as soon as possible. It smells similar to something that I can't put my finger on, but I like it a lot! I hope you will too!
    I will also get you the Set of Miss Vietnam frags too.
    Last edited by southerngardens; 9th April 2013 at 12:27 AM.

No rush on my part. Take care of you and yours. I hope all is well.

Here's a seasonally appropriate offer for a fellow violet lover: Yardley April Violets soap (100g, very strongly scented) and talc (200g, a few years old, tin is a bit dented but nearly full).

UK only please, and it may take a few days for me to post them, but they will get to you

TAKEN Offering one incense-themed sample set (CONUS only, please):

Incense Extreme by Tauer
    Avignon by CdG
    Messe de Minuit by Etro
    Passage D'Enfer by L'Artisan
    Encens et Lavande by Serge Lutens

Going to Curly11
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 10th April 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Nice selection!
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    Offering one incense-themed sample set (CONUS only, please):

Incense Extreme by Tauer
    Avignon by CdG
    Messe de Minuit by Etro
    Passage D'Enfer by L'Artisan
    Encens et Lavande by Serge Lutens
    I'd like to give your samples a new home if they're still available.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Agree 100%! There are so many generous people here!

Digging through the shelves and have come up with these that need new homes (CONUS only please)

Decant of Kenzo Jungle d'Elephant - approx. 4 mls (CLAIMED)
    J. Del Pozo In Black - 25ml of 30ml bottle (CLAIMED)
    Last edited by cello; 10th April 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Cello, I have PM'd you about the In Black. Very Interesting!

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast