Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 781
  1. #541

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    Cello, I have PM'd you about the In Black. Very Interesting!
    southerngardens, back to a previous thought, let's see if someone newish would like to participate. I'd like to keep this open to some folks that have not received something recently!

  2. #542
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    southerngardens, back to a previous thought, let's see if someone newish would like to participate. I'd like to keep this open to some folks that have not received something recently!
    Sure!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  3. #543

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    I have a mini of Donna Karan Woman, tested once, up for grabs.
    http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/08/07...erfume-review/

    I must bore you first though and share how I came about it. I already posted this once on another site (MUA) so some of you may have already read it:

    Stunned and amazed by an eBay seller's awesomeness and generosity!

    Short version: I got more than twice as much than was due to me from an eBay seller.

    Long story: I was thrilled to win an eBay auction recently. It was a travel-sized cosmetics set in a nice bag and one of the items in particular was something I really love, (ReVive Volumizing Serum), but really cannot afford to buy in the store. I lucked out, and paid a little less for the entire set than what that size serum was fetching recently on eBay. I had that little "buyer's high" from getting something I really wanted for less than I expected to pay. When it came, the seller, who must have been psychic, had included a new mini of DK Woman, something I hadn't tried yet. But, the serum wasn't in the bag. It appeared that a similar ReVive travel bag had been sent by mistake. It was lovely, but I love that particular serum so I decided to write and ask to send it back for the bag that was described for that auction. But, when I did that, my message to her completely disappeared. It wasn't in my Sent Messages folder in my email or in the My Messages thing on eBay. Then I got a message from eBay stating they received my request to open a case against her. It further stated I wanted a refund. Wrong wrong wrong. I would never open a case, unless it was a last resort. And I wanted the serum, not my money. She was informed I opened a case too and wrote to ask what the issue was; she never got my message to her. I ended up spending 45 minutes on the phone with eBay customer support before finally getting a copy of my initial message to her sent back to me so I could forward it to her. I learned that just the day before, eBay "changed the way buyers and sellers communicate with each other". It seems that now when you contact the seller, unless you check a box that says "other" as the reason, a case is automatically opened against the seller. I think that is just so wrong. Anyway, I tried to explain what had happened to her and she responded by saying she had a surprise for me on the way. Today I was just floored. She sent an entire new bag, some extra Chanel eye cream samples and the loveliest note ever insisting I not send anything back. ReVive isn't cheap. This was incredibly generous. EBay sellers don't make much money on their stuff and put forth a lot of effort. I don't know how she could afford to do this. So the next time you get pissed at eBay, remember there's at least one seller out there who is not only honest, they epitomize the best in people.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 14th April 2013 at 05:13 PM.

  4. #544
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    nice to hear, socalwoman!

    TAKEN Floral/Sweet: Tauer Carillon Pour Un Ange, Piazzetta di Portofino Profumo, Annick Goutal La Violette, Delices de Cartier and Isabella Rossellini IsaBella. going to bookhouseshell

    TAKEN Adventuresome Mix: Laura Tonatto Amir, PdN Maharanih, Donna Karan Chaos (original formula), and 2 by Be Never Too Busy: Exhale, and Ladyboy going to Curly11

    TAKEN: Treat-Yo-Self: Le Labo Santal 33, Serge Lutens El Attarine, Guerlain Elixir Charnel Oriental Brulant, Diptyque Vetyverio, and 2 by Byredo: Black Saffron and Oud Immortel. Going to Twolf.

    have a great day, Lisa
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 16th April 2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: all taken

  5. #545
    Basenotes Junkie Curly11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    787

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    @socalwoman That's a lovely story. It just goes to show that there are people out there who act with integrity and kindness even if they aren't dealing with others in a face-to-face manner.

  6. #546

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    SoCalWoman, what a great story! And thank you for the heads up about the change in ebay communication between buyer and seller. That's good to know. I've been very fortunate with 99% of my ebay transactions. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, and every opportunity to make things right if something goes wrong. I feel a strange sort of karmic obligation to do that, as I've been the recipient of so much kindness and generosity in this life. Maybe I'm superstitious but I don't want to mess things up now!

  7. #547

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Lilybelle, Feel exactly the same way.

    Paying it forward:

    Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada, 1.5ml/Ava Luxe China Rain 2ml/Scents of Time Night Star 1ml/Divine L'Ame Soeur .5ml/Odin NY 06 - 2ml CLAIMED BY SCHILLING

    Pink Sugar 1.8ml (2 of them) CLAIMED BY JEM187

    Still available:

    Marilyn Miglin Pheromone .9ml (2 of them)
    Nasomatto Duro .5ml
    Creed Fleur de Bulgarie 1.5ml
    Kenzo Flower 2+ml
    Last edited by bogsc; 17th April 2013 at 01:49 PM.

  8. #548
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    SaNielsen, could I please have pack No.3 Treat Yo-Self?

    Wonderful story, socal. Thanks for sharing it.

  9. #549
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,016
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Apparently eBay Customer service has been swamped because of this change in policy-- according to a thread on the seller's forum, buyers have been unintentionally opening cases left and right, simply because they were trying to communicate with the seller. A mess all around.

    Here is a link to the April 9th eBay announcement; of course eBay gives it a positive spin:

    http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/0...esolve-issues/
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 15th April 2013 at 02:28 AM.



  10. #550
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Obsession Night for Her mini still up for grabs.Taken by BOGSC on 4/17 10:46

    5+ milliliters left. No box.

    Please respond in this post, as my InBox is about full.



    - - - Updated - - -

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    @socalwoman That's a lovely story. It just goes to show that there are people out there who act with integrity and kindness even if they aren't dealing with others in a face-to-face manner.
    Yes. I've purchased about 50 items off of eBay and never once had anything but a smooth, respectful transaction.
    Last edited by Schilling; 17th April 2013 at 03:47 PM.

  11. #551

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thanks socalwoman for the story and warning - I once bought from an ebay seller who inadvertently sent me a defective product but was overwhelmingly generous in going out of his way to make things right even though he lived halfway across the world from me, so that makes two of them.

    I'm just going to have to be more careful communicating with sellers until ebay sorts out their policy changes - the ones I talk to are usually the ones who have taken the trouble to communicate or clarify things with me, and they are the last people I want to be inadvertently opening cases against!

    Having said that, I did recently open a case against a perfume seller on ebay. It's probably only my second or third case after buying hundreds of items off ebay over nearly 10 years and my first involving perfume, so I count myself lucky.

  12. #552
    Basenotes Junkie Curly11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    787

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    SaNielsen I'd like the Adventuresome Mix if it's still available.

  13. #553
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Sure, Curly11. All sample sets taken now, but more to come as I keep testing and testing....

  14. #554

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I have a mini of Donna Karan Woman, tested once, up for grabs.
    http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/08/07...erfume-review/

    I must bore you first though and share how I came about it. I already posted this once on another site (MUA) so some of you may have already read it:

    Stunned and amazed by an eBay seller's awesomeness and generosity!

    Short version: I got more than twice as much than was due to me from an eBay seller.

    Long story: I was thrilled to win an eBay auction recently. It was a travel-sized cosmetics set in a nice bag and one of the items in particular was something I really love, (ReVive Volumizing Serum), but really cannot afford to buy in the store. I lucked out, and paid a little less for the entire set than what that size serum was fetching recently on eBay. I had that little "buyer's high" from getting something I really wanted for less than I expected to pay. When it came, the seller, who must have been psychic, had included a new mini of DK Woman, something I hadn't tried yet. But, the serum wasn't in the bag. It appeared that a similar ReVive travel bag had been sent by mistake. It was lovely, but I love that particular serum so I decided to write and ask to send it back for the bag that was described for that auction. But, when I did that, my message to her completely disappeared. It wasn't in my Sent Messages folder in my email or in the My Messages thing on eBay. Then I got a message from eBay stating they received my request to open a case against her. It further stated I wanted a refund. Wrong wrong wrong. I would never open a case, unless it was a last resort. And I wanted the serum, not my money. She was informed I opened a case too and wrote to ask what the issue was; she never got my message to her. I ended up spending 45 minutes on the phone with eBay customer support before finally getting a copy of my initial message to her sent back to me so I could forward it to her. I learned that just the day before, eBay "changed the way buyers and sellers communicate with each other". It seems that now when you contact the seller, unless you check a box that says "other" as the reason, a case is automatically opened against the seller. I think that is just so wrong. Anyway, I tried to explain what had happened to her and she responded by saying she had a surprise for me on the way. Today I was just floored. She sent an entire new bag, some extra Chanel eye cream samples and the loveliest note ever insisting I not send anything back. ReVive isn't cheap. This was incredibly generous. EBay sellers don't make much money on their stuff and put forth a lot of effort. I don't know how she could afford to do this. So the next time you get pissed at eBay, remember there's at least one seller out there who is not only honest, they epitomize the best in people.
    Wow socalwoman that's amazing! Would you mind sharing the name of the eBay seller? I would really love to give this wonderful person some more trade, and help support their business. As you said, many eBay sellers make little margin and I like to keep the good ones around. I understand if you don't wish to divulge, that's ok too. Thanks a bunch!

  15. #555

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    Wow socalwoman that's amazing! Would you mind sharing the name of the eBay seller? I would really love to give this wonderful person some more trade, and help support their business. As you said, many eBay sellers make little margin and I like to keep the good ones around. I understand if you don't wish to divulge, that's ok too. Thanks a bunch!
    Her eBay ID is parforthecourse. She isn't selling anything at this moment, but as you probably know, you can be informed when she lists items by adding her to your Favorite Sellers list and opting to receive email notifications.
    http://myworld.ebay.com/parfourthecourse

  16. #556

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thanks so much socalwoman! I'll certainly keep her in mind.

  17. #557
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by bogsc View Post
    Lilybelle, Feel exactly the same way.

    Paying it forward:

    Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada, 1.5ml
    Marilyn Miglin Pheromone .9ml (2 of them)
    Nasomatto Duro .5ml
    Creed Fleur de Bulgarie 1.5ml
    Pink Sugar 1.8ml (2 of them)
    Odin NY 06 - 2ml
    Ava Luxe China Rain 2ml
    Scents of Time Night Star 1ml
    Divine L'Ame Soeur .5ml
    Kenzo Flower 2+ml
    Hello bogsc, Thanks for sharing.
    If any of these are still available, I'd love to try them:
    Aqua de Colonia
    Amanu 06
    China Rain
    Night Star
    L'Ame Soeur

  18. #558

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Schilling, all you've expressed interest in are still available. Happy to send them to you. Just PM me with your address.

  19. #559
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thanks bogsc. Very kind of you. I just PM'd my address.

    I've dusted off a few (small .5-1ml) very different scents looking for a new lease on life.

    Please respond directly in this thread.

    Lavanilia Laboratories' Pur Vanilla
    Fracas de Robert Piguet
    Prada's Infusion d'Iris edp
    Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia
    Tom Ford's Violet Blonde
    Tom Ford's Black Orchid
    Tom Ford for Men
    Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime
    Armani Sport Code
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

    ...and of course there's that Calvin Klein Obsession Night mini that no one seems to want from ages ago. CK taken by BOGSC 4/17 10:47
    Last edited by Schilling; 17th April 2013 at 03:48 PM.

  20. #560

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Poor little Obsession Night. My sis seems to like Calvin Klein scents (she's a huge Euphoria fan) so perhaps she'd like something a little different from his line to wear now and again. Happy to take the unloved CK Obsession Night off your hands if no one continues to bite. I'm sure I can find it a good home.

  21. #561
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by bogsc View Post
    Poor little Obsession Night. My sis seems to like Calvin Klein scents (she's a huge Euphoria fan) so perhaps she'd like something a little different from his line to wear now and again. Happy to take the unloved CK Obsession Night off your hands if no one continues to bite. I'm sure I can find it a good home.
    Yay! But I should curb my enthusiasm until I've heard back from her. You can PM your (or her) address. I'd include a note referring to her good sister.

  22. #562
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,319

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    If nobody's claimed them yet, I'd like to try Fracas, Infusion d'Iris, and Azure Lime.

    Please and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    Thanks bogsc. Very kind of you. I just PM'd my address.

    I've dusted off a few (small .5-1ml) very different scents looking for a new lease on life.

    Please respond directly in this thread.

    Lavanilia Laboratories' Pur Vanilla
    Fracas de Robert Piguet
    Prada's Infusion d'Iris edp
    Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia
    Tom Ford's Violet Blonde
    Tom Ford's Black Orchid
    Tom Ford for Men
    Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime
    Armani Sport Code
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

    ...and of course there's that Calvin Klein Obsession Night mini that no one seems to want from ages ago. CK taken by BOGSC 4/17 10:47

  23. #563
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    Thanks bogsc. Very kind of you. I just PM'd my address.

    I've dusted off a few (small .5-1ml) very different scents looking for a new lease on life.

    Please respond directly in this thread.

    Lavanilia Laboratories' Pur Vanilla-->Jem182 4/20 19:05
    Fracas de Robert Piguet-->juanderer 4/17 12:40
    Prada's Infusion d'Iris edp-->juanderer 4/17 12:40
    Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia
    Tom Ford's Violet Blonde-->Ecscentra 4/29
    Tom Ford's Black Orchid-->Jem182 4/20 1905
    Tom Ford for Men
    Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime-->juanderer 4/17 12:40
    Armani Sport Code
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet-->Ecscentra 4/29

    ...and of course there's that Calvin Klein Obsession Night mini that no one seems to want from ages ago. CK taken by BOGSC 4/17 10:47
    ...
    Last edited by Schilling; 30th April 2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Updated recipients

  24. #564
    New Member wildflowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Hello SoCal,

    Thanks for taking the time to explain what is happening with ebay and contacting sellers. I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly... checking the box that says "other" will not red flag for a case to be opened? I would hate the thought of a case being opened accidentally and unintentionally hurting the reputation of a good ebayer. I checked a couple of items yesterday (the shipping info) and the information said that my purchased were deviled to me yesterday by USPS. I have ordered from this ebayer once before and they have a 100% rating, I am waiting to see if I get the items today (thinking that maybe my mail man meant to bring it to the door but did not) or (that it may have been left at similar address and will be set out for the mail man as "left at wrong address". So I may have to contact the seller soon. The Items are decanting kits from a seller that sells from their own website online and from ebay.

    Thanks in advance,
    ~wild~

  25. #565

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Hi Wild,

    That is what eBay customer service told me on the phone. Checking OTHER is the only way to prevent a case from being opened. I was told this the day after the change was put into place though. Hopefully, the customer service agent knew what she was talking about.

    I would call the local post office and tell them you didn't receive the package as soon as possible. Something like that happened to me before. Some time ago I ordered a big package of clothes from a very good eBay seller and waited forever for them to be delivered. I finally checked the tracking and saw on both eBay and USPS.com they were marked as having been delivered when they had not. I called the post office but all they could tell me was they always leave my packages by the front door. I think if I'd called earlier, they might have remembered something about the package and where they really left it. I imagine it was delivered to the wrong address because at that time we kept getting mail that wasn't addressed to us, probably because out post office was jostling postpeoples' routes and schedules in response to changes in their budget. The seller had proof they sent it (how else could it have been marked delivered by USPS?) and didn't refund me. I should have asked for eBay to reimburse me but didn't know I could do that at that time. Oh well. Anyway, the sooner you contact the person marked it as delivered, the better.

  26. #566

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    My Malone samples have arrived!Thank you so much, Lisa!

    Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    nice to hear, socalwoman!

    TAKEN Floral/Sweet: Tauer Carillon Pour Un Ange, Piazzetta di Portofino Profumo, Annick Goutal La Violette, Delices de Cartier and Isabella Rossellini IsaBella. going to bookhouseshell

    TAKEN Adventuresome Mix: Laura Tonatto Amir, PdN Maharanih, Donna Karan Chaos (original formula), and 2 by Be Never Too Busy: Exhale, and Ladyboy going to Curly11

    TAKEN: Treat-Yo-Self: Le Labo Santal 33, Serge Lutens El Attarine, Guerlain Elixir Charnel Oriental Brulant, Diptyque Vetyverio, and 2 by Byredo: Black Saffron and Oud Immortel. Going to Twolf.

    have a great day, Lisa

  27. #567

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    Thanks bogsc. Very kind of you. I just PM'd my address.

    I've dusted off a few (small .5-1ml) very different scents looking for a new lease on life.

    Please respond directly in this thread.

    Lavanilia Laboratories' Pur Vanilla
    Fracas de Robert Piguet
    Prada's Infusion d'Iris edp
    Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia
    Tom Ford's Violet Blonde
    Tom Ford's Black Orchid
    Tom Ford for Men
    Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime
    Armani Sport Code
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

    ...and of course there's that Calvin Klein Obsession Night mini that no one seems to want from ages ago. CK taken by BOGSC 4/17 10:47
    I would love to try the Black Orchid and the Pur Vanilla if they have not been claimed yet!


    - - - Updated - - -

    I have a 3.4 oz bottle of Lucky You for women if anyone wants it. It's about 99% full. US only please.
    Last edited by Jem182; 20th April 2013 at 01:37 AM.

  28. #568
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    TAKEN 3 small bottles:
    Languor perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
    Red Musk oil by Tulipe
    Erbe Bergamot rollerball by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz...going to bookwyrmsmith
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 22nd April 2013 at 11:57 PM.

  29. #569
    Super Member Schilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Hi Jem182, Black Orchid and Pur Vanilla are yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem182 View Post
    I would love to try the Black Orchid and the Pur Vanilla if they have not been claimed yet!


    - - - Updated - - -

    I have a 3.4 oz bottle of Lucky You for women if anyone wants it. It's about 99% full. US only please.

  30. #570

    Default Re: Free to a good home

    Thanks so much!

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free to a good home
    By LiliB in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 7th July 2011, 02:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000