Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Free to a good home

Sorry yellow_cello,

I'm clearly going doolally - I've got Yardley Honeysuckle so If someone else was interested in receiving that, please do feel free to ignore my request for it!

I would still be very interested in the Yardley Lilac (don't have that, I've checked!) and the Wild Jasmine and Kai, if they haven't been set aside for another lucky soul.

Sorry to be a nuisance and so muddle-headed.

regards, kitsch

queen of the universe

Yardley Honeysuckle, please if it is still available. We had a vine rambling all over the yard when I was a kid, and I don't care if it is considered an invasive species, I love it!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Ellen by Ellen Tracy -- a spicy floral, not in the Directories yet, 97 of 100 ml, like this: http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=W-6251
    Hi Twolf,

If still avilable, I'd like to claim this one. I've never smelled it, but have a soft spot for a woody oriental. I'll PM you.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    More thank you to the community from me, free to good home:

Bulgari Jasmin Noir EdP 50ml in box 80-90% full.

Prefer EU, apologies not those countries which have stringent perfume import laws.
    That's a nice offering. Hope it finds a good home!.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Ellen by Ellen Tracy is GONE, thanks.

Hi jujy54, sorry, the honeysuckle's been claimed - any others you're interested in?

queen of the universe

Seriously. yello_ce;;o, I need to enjoy what I have, I'm in danger of beoming a 'fume glutton (: Thanks, tho.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

The Jasmin Noir has now found a new home

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Parfumerie Generale L'eau de Circe, 5ml (approx. perhaps larger) spray. No box Gone

Elizabeth Taylor Passion, 1.5 oz boxed (contains treemoss)

Nina Ricci Love in Paris edp, 30 ml (this was done by Aurelian Guichard) GONE

Bath & Body Works, Dark Kiss 75ml boxed GONE

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, purse rollerball, 7ml, boxed Gone

CONUS, please.
    Why offer if your not going to send, or respond to PM

RedHotMama must be busy, perhaps with her teenage DD. Not responding is totally out of character for her. Give her a few days, she will respond and send it as soon as she can, I can vouch for her. Thanks for your patience.

I have some carded spray samples to get rid of

Sorry it's not much but maybe someone would like to try these. They have all been sprayed once or twice but there is plenty in all of them for some good wearings:

BEX London (new British niche line), I have carded samples of all four fragrances: EC2, N6, SE1, W1X - these didn't impress me at all, maybe someone else would like to try them?

Amorvero Profumo - Amorvero EDT (similar to Guerlain's Samsara but with a soapy edge) - I have two of these samples, one which has been sprayed a couple times. About 3ml between them.

I'd rather just give them to one person so anyone feel free to take em.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rizack View Post
    Perhaps like me, she no longer receiving email notifications of private messages and has found BN down on many occasions when trying to log in. Hang in there, she'll respond when she can.

Basenotes Plus

Gee...didn't know you be so upset. :embarrassed: I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Perhaps like me, she no longer receiving email notifications of private messages and has found BN down on many occasions when trying to log in. Hang in there, she'll respond when she can.
    True.

Also, I've been a member for so long (since Oct. 2005) I no longer have access to the email address I created my account with to make changes.

Thank you roses for your voice of support.

- - - Updated - - -

RedHotMama must be busy, perhaps with her teenage DD. Not responding is totally out of character for her. Give her a few days, she will respond and send it as soon as she can, I can vouch for her. Thanks for your patience.
    Also true.
    We visit the pediatric orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

Sometimes, the best intentions get waylaid by life, or power outages, or sick children, or sick pets, or the record breaking heat wave (it makes me nervous about shipping fragrances in the heat) or computer issues. Sometimes everything just hits at once.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I have some carded spray samples to get rid of

Sorry it's not much but maybe someone would like to try these. They have all been sprayed once or twice but there is plenty in all of them for some good wearings:

BEX London (new British niche line), I have carded samples of all four fragrances: EC2, N6, SE1, W1X - these didn't impress me at all, maybe someone else would like to try them?

Amorvero Profumo - Amorvero EDT (similar to Guerlain's Samsara but with a soapy edge) - I have two of these samples, one which has been sprayed a couple times. About 3ml between them.

I'd rather just give them to one person so anyone feel free to take em.
    forfreddie, I would really like to try these! Is that OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    forfreddie, I would really like to try these! Is that OK?
    They're yours - PM me your addy

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Gee...didn't know you be so upset. :embarrassed: I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

True.

Also, I've been a member for so long (since Oct. 2005) I no longer have access to the email address I created my account with to make changes.

Thank you roses for your voice of support.

- - - Updated - - -

Also true.
    We visit the pediatric orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

Sometimes, the best intentions get waylaid by life, or power outages, or sick children, or sick pets, or the record breaking heat wave (it makes me nervous about shipping fragrances in the heat) or computer issues. Sometimes everything just hits at once.
    Well if you want to imply that I am impatient or not being thoughfull, then I don't care if I ever get your perfume. Just keep it don't bother, I'm not a mind reader how was i to know you couldn't get on the site.

Rizack, your behavior ('acting up', for my taste, to be precise), makes every active BNer with unwanted perfume think twice to offer it *for free* here! I have decided before that I only offer bilaterally as I have no intention to feed lurkers, who do not or hardly ever contribute to BN.

How rude !

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Rizack, your behavior ('acting up', for my taste, to be precise), makes every active BNer with unwanted perfume think twice to offer it *for free* here! I have decided before that I only offer bilaterally as I have no intention to feed lurkers, who do not or hardly ever contribute to BN.
    Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    How rude !
    I completely agree. How appallingly ungracious and uncalled-for.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Here's a lollipop bouquet for one of the sweetest,
    most generous, good-souled women to cross Basenotes' threshold:

We appreciate you, RHM!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm sorry, I just felt i was being accused of being unreasonably impatient. It's true I don't come on this group as often, but I have never scammed anyone or am I a LURKER.
    Okay i know whwere i am not wanted so goodby!
    Last edited by Rizack; 2nd July 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Basenotes Plus

How very odd. I just answered a perfectly nice email from her. I said I noticed you didn't have a wardrobe, what scents do you like, in general?

I'm late, it's true but I will send what I offered.

Thank you for your very kind understanding.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

We do appreciate and love RHM - one of the best Basenoters here . Reliable , gracious and downright lovely . Here's to RHM , honey .

Basenotes Plus

^ That's the problem right there, you started out rudely. A more appropriate option would have been a politely worded inquiry as to whether the fragrance was still available. After all, it isn't like you were waiting for a swap to be completed, rather you were waiting for something that was being offered generously, with no strings attached. Then you get an explanation from RHM, who is one of the loveliest people ever and who even tells you "I'm sorry", and instead of thanking her for replying to you you get even ruder. Sorry, not cool.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

There are real people behind each avatar, with real lives and real feelings. Life often intrudes for all of us, and harsh words sting.

It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt, when you don't know what is going on with them. Mind-reading isn't required for that.

Basenotes Plus

There are real people behind each avatar, with real lives and real feelings. Life often intrudes for all of us, and harsh words sting.

It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt, when you don't know what is going on with them. Mind-reading isn't required for that.
    Amen

didnt mean to post, oops.
    Last edited by kalli; 5th July 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Moving right along...

I have lightly used carded samples of Floris Seringa and Penhaligon's Night Scented Stock and Bluebell to offer anyone from the USA. (All 3 to one member, please.)

Edit: Seringa is taken.
    Edit 8/8/12: I seem to have misplaced the other two samples so the offer is withdrawn.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 8th August 2012 at 10:23 PM.

I've ask management to cancel my membership I can't take everyone ganging up on me.

Hi, all. It is so incredibly cool that you guys do this!!!!

I don't have much of a collection yet but I do have a couple little things I'm not using, if anyone's interested:

Ava Luxe Amande, 15ml EDP - TAKEN!
    (Purchased new by me in May. I have the spray top but not the box.)

Gucci Envy mini, not sure of size
    (Purchased on eBay. Cap fits a little funky. And I've not an experienced enough nose to determine the condition of the perfume itself.)

I think I have a couple other minis...will check when I get home.*

US shipping, please.*
    Last edited by FooDog; 2nd July 2012 at 08:46 PM.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

FooDog, too bad I live overseas...

Yes, I'm sorry. I'm still a little nervous about shipping perfume even within the US!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    FooDog, too bad I live overseas...
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Rizack, please do not quit just yet -- we are not ganging up, in fact we are trying to be supportive and sometimes overprotective of our own. Meantime, please let me move and unbox my smelly stuff and I will get a package together for you, OK?

I can send over some samples too Rizack.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with Twolf, Rizack!

Tone is really, really difficult to tell in emails and posts. They were just being protective of me, they have known me for many years. We get to be like a big family here. It's a process to learn who you can count on or who is behaving uncharacteristically.

I have your fragrance packed, along with some other little goodies I thought you might like.

SJP Covet 3.4 oz with a few mls off the top maybe. I am not sure of the quality of this, I bought it pre-owned and not sure how it was stored. And I haven't smelled a new bottle(at least in a very long time), so I have nothing to compare it to as far as quality.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Also, as an aside and for everyone's information, even if a member does not display a wardrobe icon, one can see their wardrobe (provided they have posted one) if you go to their profile page and click on "View Wardrobe". I have found this helpful at times in figuring out what to send various members.

I am also on Fragrantica and while I post my wardrobe here, I haven't bothered to do so there. Some members who are on both sites post their wardrobes there primarily.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 3rd July 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Needs a new home, I have a Shalimar EDC 6 oz bottle, I think from the 60's. There's only 1/2-3/4" perfume left in it, but it smells to me like it has turned. This would be happiest with a bottle collector, which I am not. It looks like this http://img.makeupalley.com/3/6/1/8/2052087.JPG
    I got it as a gift, but I don't have the space for it. If someone would like this please let me know and I'll send it to you.

Also, as an aside and for everyone's information, even if a member does not display a wardrobe icon, one can see their wardrobe (provided they have posted one) if you go to their profile page and click on "View Wardrobe". I have found this helpful at times in figuring out what to send various members.

I am also on Fragrantica and while I post my wardrobe here, I haven't bothered to do so there. Some members who are on both sites post their wardrobes there primarily.
    Same here 30 Roses. I primarily use Fragrantica because it is a bit more user friendly for me. I have the slowest Internet speed available so using basenotes sometimes feels like a chore. I do come here late night and read but seldom post. My wardrobe on Fragrantica is much larger than it is here. I have done giveaways on Fragrantica but not here, mostly because i have what I think to be a beginners wardrobe and no one here would want my mainstream stuff anyway. I did offer a few things on this thread a while ago but got no hits. Maybe I should offer fragrances here from my swap topic over on fragrantica.

I like mainstream stuff sometimes. Two of my all time faves are from Armani and Dior.. I am sure there are some people that like some 'mainstream' stuff, no?

I'd like to offer decants of a blast form the past: Casaque by Jean d'Allret. I have a 30 ml. bottle of the parfum and it's a deep and opulent white floral; if you don't love tuberose you're not gonna like it

I can make 3 decants a 3 ml, as I think more members should get to try this forgotten gem. I will ship worldwide.

(Click on image for larger version)

casaque.jpg

Update: 2 decants claimed, 1 left
    Last edited by furrypine; 17th July 2012 at 03:48 PM.

I would be very pleased, dear Furrypine. Can you count me in?

This is great! I have a bottle of Balenciaga Paris EdP (1fl oz / 30ml) if anyone wants it. It's only been tested once and although it's a gorgeous scent, it's just not for me.
    Do happy

LadyMurasaki, may I have this one? My mum should like it I think, but I can't guarantee so if there's someone else interested who is SURE that would like it then do take it!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    LadyMurasaki, may I have this one? My mum should like it I think, but I can't guarantee so if there's someone else interested who is SURE that would like it then do take it!
    Of course, Lucas. If she doesn't like it, just pass it on to another BNer. Can you PM your address again? I've deleted all my emails before I took note of your address

PARIS is moving to Poland!
    Last edited by ladymurasaki; 14th July 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Do happy

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    Of course, Lucas. If she doesn't like it, just pass it on to another BNer. Can you PM your address again? I've deleted all my emails before I took note of your address

PARIS is moving to Poland!
    Wonderful! I think there's a great chance she'll like it. Mum loves the scent of violet flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    I would be very pleased, dear Furrypine. Can you count me in?
    You are in Please send me a PM with you address. 2 decants still left.

In need of a loving UK home: selection of manufacturer's samples, full or nearly full:

-Angel EDP
    -Byredo Gypsy Water EDP
    -Floris Night Scented Jasmine EDT
    -Floris White Rose EDT
    -Floris Edwardian Bouquet EDT
    -Annick Goutal Petite Cherie EDT
    -Annick Goutal Un Matin d'Orage EDT
    -L'Eau d'Issey EDP
    -L'Eau d'Issey EDT
    -Orla Kiely EDP

Pick as many as you like!

Also a mostly full 50ml bottle of Yardley Geranium, in box (a very pretty box too!)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_cello View Post
    In need of a loving UK home: selection of manufacturer's samples, full or nearly full:

-Angel EDP
    -Byredo Gypsy Water EDP
    -Floris Night Scented Jasmine EDT
    -Floris White Rose EDT
    -Floris Edwardian Bouquet EDT
    -Annick Goutal Petite Cherie EDT
    -Annick Goutal Un Matin d'Orage EDT
    -L'Eau d'Issey EDP
    -L'Eau d'Issey EDT
    -Orla Kiely EDP

Pick as many as you like!

Also a mostly full 50ml bottle of Yardley Geranium, in box (a very pretty box too!)
    Hi yellow_cello. I've just sent you a PM.
    Do happy

Hi guys! I seem to have completely lost my link to this thread during the recent blips on the website.

I have just received kind forfreddies Bex London and Amorvero samples with some little extras thrown in. Delightful!

Let me see what I have that could be rehomed and I will come back sometime soon.

Hope you're enjoying them Foustie

I have a few more goodies up for grabs!

1.5ml L'Air Du Desert Marocain Andy Tauer TAKEN
    1.5ml Une Rose Frederic Malle TAKEN

An entire Slumberhouse sample kit: TAKEN
    Norne
    Rume
    Jeke
    Vikt
    Grev
    Miel
    Baque
    - these are all about 0.7ml, some of them have leaked a little, but still plenty for multiple testing

Smell Bent spray samples: TAKEN
    Otter Luvr ~3ml (fishy bay rum!)
    Dry ~4ml (similar to avignon - dry incense, very nice!)
    Woody ~4ml (lovely root beer )
    Exquisite Corpse ~3ml (bergamot, tuberose, peppery animalic monstrosity! a great sniff)
    Dead Of Winter ~2ml (really really lovely white chocolate/anise/heliotrope yuminess)

I hope these go to someone who will reallly appreciate them
    Splitting between 2/3 people would be great.
    Last edited by forfreddie; 17th July 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Hope you're enjoying them Foustie
    Dead Of Winter ~2ml (really really lovely white chocolate/anise/heliotrope yuminess)

I hope these go to someone who will reallly appreciate them
    Splitting between 2/3 people would be great.
    Hi. I just sent you a PM, but I would love to have the Dead Of Winter, if it's still available.
    Do happy

Blog Entries

Unless someone from Europe makes a call, I'd be interested in Slumberhouse sampler. But I am in the US, so I'll be glad to yield to anyone who's closer to you.

forfreddie, I couldn't send you a PM since your Inbox is full.
    Folks from Europe, please don't consider me a real contender -- I am only a rebound

Sorry I've emptied my inbox.

ladymurasaki - it's yours! Any others take your fancy? Might as well take a couple more PM me your addy

Warum - more than happy to send them to you. PM me again with your addy

- - - Updated - - -

Just some more Smell Bent's to go, anyone from the UK want them?

ladymurasaki - it's yours! Any others take your fancy? Might as well take a couple more PM me your addy

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much, Forfreddie!
    Do happy

I attempted to post this yesterday but it must not have took. I've got a grab bag of samples, none carded, that I'd like to send to a good home. Please PM if you are interested.

All taken! (I'm gonna split the ones not asked for between the three people who have PM'd me) I hope you enjoy them everyone!

Warum, if any of Slumberhouse samples are left overt after you are through with testing them, I would like to sniff them too, please?

Blog Entries

Warum, if any of Slumberhouse samples are left overt after you are through with testing them, I would like to sniff them too, please?
    Yup!

I'm new here so please be patient with me!!

My attempts at finding that HG have resulted in some FB up for grabs. Nothing niche here, but maybe to someone's taste.

Cabotine de Gris - GONE
    Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor - GONE
    Amor Amor Cacheral - GONE
    Tommy Girl - GONE
    Eau de Shalimar - GONE

Please choose just one and only contusa.

Would love to find them happy homes!
    Last edited by Genie Jeanie; 20th July 2012 at 02:52 PM.