Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Free to a good home

I'll PM you, teardrop, about those lovely samples. Maybe I'll be first in line?

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Great thread, folks!

l don't have any bottles that l'm willing to part with just now, but l do have some samples up for grabs if anyone's interested.
    All are 1ml vials, some fuller than others. You can choose just one, or a selection, or all of them if you like. l can post them next week.

French Kiss by Tokyo Milk
    Australian Wild Jasmine by Lucy B
    Odalisque by Parfums de Nicolai
    White Gardenia Petals by Illuminum x 2
    Fraiche Passiflore by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Noix de Tubereuse by Miller Harris
    Velvet Flowers by Montale
    Oooh white flowers! Just sent you a PM

I also have Halston Unbound 3.4oz 99% full with box
    that I'd be glad to send to a good home as well.

Added Cuba Gold 3.4oz with cap and can/99% full
    Last edited by cpp214; 22nd March 2012 at 01:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Update; all of my samples now have takers; Velvet Flowers went first, the rest divided between kitsch & yellow_cello.
    PMs sent.

Happy sniffing, ladies!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

If possible, I will take RL Romance Silver -- I know one perfect male recipient, and not Mr.T, how about that? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    If possible, I will take RL Romance Silver -- I know one perfect male recipient, and not Mr.T, how about that? Thanks in advance.
    I'm sorry that I didn't update my post, but someone has already
    taken the Romance Silver earlier this afternoon

I still have Halston Unbound, and I will also give away
    a bottle of Cuba Gold--3.4oz with cap and box (can).

That's fine (darn it, I very seldom win anything at all, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I'm looking forward to that Stetson.

The Charlie Oriental is on its way to lilybelle!

Still up for grabs: Maja, Obsession EdP, and White Diamonds. Anyone?
    Is the Maja or Obsession still available?

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Digindirt View Post
    Is the Maja or Obsession still available?
    The Maja is claimed - I'm just waiting for an PM with an address.

The Obsession is all yours, though! Just PM me your address and I will send it out.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I have a 2 oz bottle of Stetson Cologne, nearly full, and a little of the AS up for grabs. They're a little heavy so I want to keep this within CONUS this time. I think these were given to my dad in the 80s but I'm not sure. The bottles have a drawing of a hand holding a lariat on them if that means anything.

adding: taken!
    I just got the Stetson Cologne and AS. Thanks again, socalwoman!

I tried it out and lovingthealien is absolutely right. It is a flowery and girly, yet somehow it still seems masculine. This is definitely the prettiest of the old school masculines. It will fit right it with my liters of almost-too-pretty-to-be-a-masculine Habit Rouge. His American dandy cousin.

So, the aftershave was almost all used up, yet the cologne was completely full. This made me think of my dad. I gave him a bottle of Baldessarini for Christmas last year. He's a real patriarchal figure in the family and his business, and this stuff exudes authority and masculinity to me - I thought it fitting.

He opened it and looked at it a little curiously, sniffed the sprayer. I asked if he uses "cologne", because he doesn't usually smell of much these days. He said that he does - I forget what. Something one of my sisters gave him, I'd guess.

I asked how he applies it, and he said that he sprays it into his hand and splashes it onto his face after shaving.

This is the only way a man is supposed to wear fragrance as far as my dad is concerned. The fragrance is just this extra thing they put in the stuff you splash on your face after shaving. I guess he always used aftershave when he was younger, and I imagine when he started getting bottles of cologne or EdTs as gifts from his daughters (and now me!) he just assumed you use it the same way.

I told him to spray it inside his shirt, but I don't think he will.

Anyway - that was a long way around! I wonder if your father was sort of the same way, socalwoman? Did he feel that men were only supposed to use aftershave?

Maybe I'm reading way too much into that almost-empty bottle of aftershave.

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

yay feedback
    14 sprays for 1 mL

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

Just got the No. 19, Twolf! Thank you!!!! *hugs*

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

I wonder if your father was sort of the same way, socalwoman? Did he feel that men were only supposed to use aftershave?

Maybe I'm reading way too much into that almost-empty bottle of aftershave.
    My dad doesn't willingly wear scent at all; although by now I've worn him down to the point he'll allow me to use his skin for my own testing purposes. I suspect there may have been some evaporation of the AS.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    Just got the No. 19, Twolf! Thank you!!!! *hugs*
    Good. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh boy can't wait to get the Maja, love spicey perfumes . Oh and I did private message my address.
    Oh and I love the smell of old spice, I get it for my husband since he hates to wear fragrance , so at least his armpits will smell great!
    Last edited by Rizack; 22nd March 2012 at 09:24 PM.

I received Insolence edt from Alicka and Charlie Oriental from Rubegon on the same day. It was like Christmas! I am addicted to Insolence lately, so I'm sooo glad to have some on hand. And Charlie Oriental is interesting. It smells exactly like Cinnabar. The bottle has a jade colored rubbery sleeve around the bottle. So thank you to you both!

I kinda dig Cinnabar...very cool Lilybelle!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Update: My Organza EDP has been claimed.

Good haul, Lilybelle! I love Insolence EDT, too.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I agree, Insolence is amazing! I like Organza, too, but we have a huge bottle of EDP already. Glad someone got it!

Free to a good home - Clive Christian Imperial Majesty Perfume. 17 oz bottle, around 15 oz remaining. It's just become too cloying on me lately.

(just kidding)

I do actually have a full bottle of 50 cent Power up for grabs, though. Whoever gets it has to wait until the beginning of the month for it to ship, though, since I am literally broke!

I wanted to personally thank PerfumedLady for the beautiful Organza, can't wait!

Meanwhile, if anyone interested in L by Lolita Lempicka, I have 1 Oz bottle with about 80-90% of perfume left. It is a bit hard to judge as it is a funky but very pretty bottle. It was very well taken care for and smells great!

I think this is an amazing thread!

Lovingthealien, pm sent re: Clive

Spam spam spam, danha.

LOL @ 15 oz of CC.

I would love L by Lolita Lempicka, I am still quite new to basenotes, so was a bit shy to ask for it, but maybe I could...

I have a vintage perfume my mom gave me, she is not going to wear it but it is not my cup of tea either. It is by Constance Caroll - Virague EDT, 50ml. Full, with a cap and a box. I will try to post a picture, too.

Edit: Virague found a good home
    Last edited by Veroniché; 23rd March 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Hello everyone!

Update: L by Lolita Lempicka found a new good home.

Veroniche, I am sorry you are late. Please don't be shy

Never mind, thank you for updating.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    I agree, Insolence is amazing! I like Organza, too, but we have a huge bottle of EDP already. Glad someone got it!
    I'm glad about this, too! It was tough for me to admit to myself that Organza just wasn't flattering on me anymore because I know how very lovely it can be. As you can see, it's going to someone who is very excited to wear it, which warms my heart. You're very welcome, Whitefluffy!

Now, Insolence, that's a wild one! It is amazing! And you are very naughty but very funny- you had me going for a minute with that CC! I thought you must be drunk. I can see Insolence suiting that sense of humor beautifully!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I'm not even sure anyone actually owns one of those. I think it's a publicity thing.

Lol, lovingthealien!!

On offer...

A 30 ml/1 oz. bottle of Bal à Versailles. Back of the box says "bottled in USA". This is a very civetty edc! My bottle looks just like the above pic. I'm not sure how much is left in the bottle, as it is opaque white glass and even holding it up to the light I can't see the fill line, but I'm sure it must be at least half full. Please PM me if you want it.

Bal à Versailles has now been claimed, it is GONE!

This is possibly the best thread ever - it's like one of those free markets but only perfume and on the internet. Take what you want, leave what you don't - so much easier than swaps.

Anyway, The 50 Cent Power is still available and I've added an actually nice fragrance - Escada Pour Homme. Both are free to a good home. Just send me a PM! Again, however, I have to wait until the first of the month to mail them out.

Meow I am soooo jealous of your 19! I did buy myself a little decant of it so I am happy. I do have obsession on the way from Rubegon so I'm good. I gotta learn how to post pics here. I do have a few things I could give away...

This is a great thread! Every scent deserves to be in the right home for it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Pretty View Post
    This is a great thread! Every scent deserves to be in the right home for it :-)
    Absolutely.

Blog Entries

Meow I am soooo jealous of your 19! I did buy myself a little decant of it so I am happy. I do have obsession on the way from Rubegon so I'm good. I gotta learn how to post pics here. I do have a few things I could give away...
    My favorite site is Tiny Pics. It's free and easy. Sign up there then get your photos either from google image search or from photos you have downloaded. The Tiny Pic site is easy to follow. Once you get a picture from google, for instance, hit Save As to your documents. Then go to Tiny Pics and copy the Image line of information. Paste that in to your reply box. Hope that helps!

Lovingthealien................I am ashamed. If there is a pedestal of impatiency I would stand on the top. Not even reading up your thread. LOL on myself :-))))))))))))))))))))))

I received the Ralph Lauren Romance Silver just now, cpp14! Its top notes are really nice! Thanks!

-Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    I received the Ralph Lauren Romance Silver just now, cpp14! Its top notes are really nice! Thanks!

-Jesse
    Glad you like it, and glad it arrived quicker than expected
    It's a really good fragrance, I just never seemed to reach for it though.
    I'm glad someone will get good use out of it.
    Last edited by cpp214; 24th March 2012 at 07:06 PM.

Escada Pour Homme has been claimed! 50 Cent Power is still available.

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

Oh you just wait till I'm back stateside. None of you are gonna have a chance. I'm gonna live on this thread.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

There have been so many great perfumes re-homed in this thread!

Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women. Purchased by mistake T.J. Maxx bargain. Unsealed but never spritzed. With Cap, Box and cellophane wrapper. Free to first PM with snail mail address.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID10211524.html
    Last edited by Hey.its.me; 27th March 2012 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey.its.me View Post
    Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women. Purchased by mistake T.J. Maxx bargain. Unsealed but never spritzed. With Cap, Box and cellophane wrapper. Free to first PM with snail mail address.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID10211524.html
    My mom likes this, I think. Have you sniffed it before?

50 Cent Power Still available.

I hesitated to offer these bottles because they may not be of interest to anyone. But, the worst that can happen is that no one wants them.

I acquired these in various random ways - the Maja was a recent eBay purchase (it's Spanish, I like Spain - probably awesome, right? Not for me.), the Obsession I got at a discount store because it reminded me of a girl in high shcool, and the other two I got as part of an eBay lot of random stuff.

Free to a good home in the ConUS:

Obsession EdP, 15ml spray GONE
    White Diamonds EdT, 30ml spray (no cap) GONE
    Maja EdT, 30ml spray (purportedly vintage, 90% full) GONE
    Charlie Oriental Cologne Spray, 2oz (almost full) GONE

Much love for Rubegon for the Obsession. Omg I love that stuff! I got a few surprise samples as well. Its overwhelming to see the generosity here. I feel fortunate to have found this forum.

I have minis of:
    a .25 rollerball of Viva La Juicy NIB
    .13 of Giorgio Beverly Hill NIB
    .17 Elizabeth Arden Red Door NIB
    Estee Lauder Pleasures (from gift set)
    .17 Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfumerie edt

Nothing fancy but will mail on Monday to first pm. Any takers!

Guerlainista

Much love for Rubegon for the Obsession. Omg I love that stuff! I got a few surprise samples as well. Its overwhelming to see the generosity here. I feel fortunate to have found this forum.
    Thanks for the kind words, Digindirt! It feels nice to know the Obsession and the others found a good home.

I feel the same way about BN and all the wonderful people here. I see you've been inspired to "pay it forward" too. Bravo!

PIF is the best thing, IMNSHO.

OK, I am always the first to whine that I never win anything, no freebies or nothing.

Here's what has happened: one particularly kind soul from this thread (and in general, I suspect) saw me giving away a Chanel and showered me with a bigger and more expensive Chanel, FREE, out of the kindness of her heart of gold. Thanks tons!

Up for grabs. US only please. Kapsule light 50% EL Intuition 90% both caps no boxes.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    OK, I am always the first to whine that I never win anything, no freebies or nothing.

Here's what has happened: one particularly kind soul from this thread (and in general, I suspect) saw me giving away a Chanel and showered me with a bigger and more expensive Chanel, FREE, out of the kindness of her heart of gold. Thanks tons!
    Beautiful! The kindness level on this forum is way above normal, that's for sure! People are so generous and helpful here. I love basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Up for grabs. US only please. Kapsule light 50% EL Intuition 90% both caps no boxes.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    Those are good ones!

Kapsule claimed. Intuition still available.
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

That's awesome to hear Twolf, do enjoy your lovely Chanel!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Intuition claimed.

Things are going quickly today!

Hi there

Would any UK Basenoter like my Jeux de Peau? This should have been right up my street, but sadly just does not suit me (sorry Serge). Nearly full 50ml bottle purchased from Escentual. Let me know!
    Swimming in scented seas

I'd like to try this Jellyfish, if it's still available? If I find it's not for me either then I'll put it back on the thread

I'll have some samples up for grabs soon too

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Hi there

Would any UK Basenoter like my Jeux de Peau? This should have been right up my street, but sadly just does not suit me (sorry Serge). Nearly full 50ml bottle purchased from Escentual. Let me know!

WOW, unbelievable offering. I wish i was UK...

AMAZING indeed! Can i pay the shipping costs

Jeux de Peau is taken, folks!
    Swimming in scented seas

Ya..kinda wish I lived in the U.K. too..but I am just a Yankee! Lol. I'd love to try that one! Very cool of you though Jellyfish!.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Hi there

Wow! That's upping the ante significantly!

That's a very generous offering, Jellyfish! Very cool indeed!