Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Default Re: Free to a good home

A couple of decants: vint. Fragonard Moment Vole ~10 ml, Balenciaga Rhumba 5ml. Want to unload both at once. US only.

Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    A couple of decants: vint. Fragonard Moment Vole ~10 ml, Balenciaga Rhumba 5ml. Want to unload both at once. US only.

Ooooh, these sound like something I might like! Are they still up for grabs??

A wierd one here
    I ordered Putain Des Palaces from Escentual and got a free Etat Libre D'Orange tshirt.
    It's a women's size Small, and is slim fitting.

Preferably UK. Anyone want it?

Blog Entries

Oh please can l have it, freddie?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Oh please can l have it, freddie?

Of course teardrop! I'll be able to post it out Monday, PM me your addy

You ladies (and guys) are the bestest for keeping this thread going. Nothing is weird, nothing, OK? Weird is becoming a norm, now in everything remotely or closely related to fragrances.
    Last edited by Twolf; 2nd September 2012 at 04:34 AM.

Hi Genie, They are yours; just answer my pm. best, rednails
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    Ooooh, these sound like something I might like! Are they still up for grabs??

Thank you so much rednails! What a treat.

100ml bottle of Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea. Almost-but-not-quite-BNIB - bought it sealed a couple of months ago, tried a couple of sprays but didn't like it. Discontinued, I believe. Quite different from the original GT. Hope it can find a good home! (UK only please)

Dependent

wish i was lucky enough to get some free stuff

Check this and other threads more often, participate more actively in a discussion, get to know our people. It is for everybody, and honestly, we have more US giveaways than people in the EU do. Stick with us and you will get your wish.

What a wonderful package of scents you sent me! I'll have several happy testing days with these. Thank you so much for your generosity!

Hope you enjoy them. Thanks for the kind itrader rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    What a wonderful package of scents you sent me! I'll have several happy testing days with these. Thank you so much for your generosity!

ITrader police is happy too. LOL Love to all.

^Finally! LOL just kidding.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_cello View Post
    100ml bottle of Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea. Almost-but-not-quite-BNIB - bought it sealed a couple of months ago, tried a couple of sprays but didn't like it. Discontinued, I believe. Quite different from the original GT. Hope it can find a good home! (UK only please)
    OOo yellow_cellow i'd love this (always wanted to try it) if it hasn't gone, would you consider me?

Quote Originally Posted by janeshiva View Post
    OOo yellow_cellow i'd love this (always wanted to try it) if it hasn't gone, would you consider me?
    Sure, I'd be happy to send it to you I'll send you a PM

Blog Entries

I posted my freebies on another thread. I got a taker for one of them, but still have:

4 samples of Absinthe by Christian Lacroix (1 ml size)

A gift set of Maja by Myrurgia with a half ounce eau de cologne and 2 soaps, never been opened. GONE

Ralph Lauren CHAPS cologne, atomiser in box, this is the vintage formulation.GONE

Needing a loving home, but only in the United States.

Last edited by Scent-imental; 28th September 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I am new to Basenotes and heard about this forum, but it looks as if I'm too late for now or it's been closed.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Not at all, this thread is ongoing-- anyone who has something to give away can post it and people can respond. If you subscribe to the thread, you will get an email notification if someone posts on it.
    But freebies go fast-- naturally!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a little something for anyone in the USA with at least 10 posts made before today:

A boxed mini (5 mls) of L'Eau de Monteil.

I tested it, but the aquatic note didn't appeal to me. If you want it, PM me with your name and mailing address.

Claimed!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st October 2012 at 10:06 PM.

I am a fairly new member of basenotes and think it is a great place with helpful, knowledgeable and friendly members. This a neat thread and I would like to make a contribution. I have 7 samples from Miller Harris that I would be happy to send to someone residing in Europe who has 10 posts to their name. The samples:

Noix de Tubereuse, La Fumée, Figue Amère, Jasmin Vert, Coeur de Fleur, Terre d'Iris, La Pluie. [ALL 7 CLAIMED]

Last edited by Plaisir; 2nd October 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Welcome to Basenotes, Plaisir !
    What a lovely gesture. I'm sure somebody will be very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, Plaisir !
    What a lovely gesture. I'm sure somebody will be very grateful.
    Thank you for the welcome! The samples will be getting a new home very soon as someone has now claimed them

Welcome to the BN,Plaisir! You have entered with the bang and thank you for this.

Welcome to Basenotes Plaisir! How thoughtful of you to contribute to this thread already!

So exciting - what a lovely offer Plaisir

Basenotes Plus

Very sweet, Plaisir.
    Welcome to basenotes!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thank you all for the welcomes!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Love's Rain Forest
    Body Mist, 1.5 oz. with box (I just used a few sprays.)

> USA only; you must have joined Basenotes prior to today and must have made at least 10 posts to claim this.

update 10/20: Offer withdrawn as perfume was unclaimed for too long. Will find it a new home in my own area.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 20th October 2012 at 02:08 PM.

30 Roses ~ Is that Love's Rain Forest already spoken for? I think I sampled this a year or so ago and liked it and just never picked any up. Let me know. Thanks!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Makeup Maniac,

It's yours...PM me your name and address and it will go out on Wednesday with something else I need to take to the post office.

Edit:

Hasn't been mailed as I still don't have Makeup Maniac's address. Item will be re-offered in a week if it's still here.

Further edit:
    The Love's Rain Forest bottle is being offered again, as the person who requested it has not returned.
    >> USA only; you must have joined Basenotes prior to today and must have made at least 10 posts to claim this.

Update:
    This offer is now withdrawn as no one has claimed it. Time to move on! I can find it a new home locally.
    further update: the scent is no longer available.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 9th November 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Hey guys, updating this thread.
    I am overrun with samples - so I'm doing little goody bags of around 10 or so used samples in each? Probably more! I'll make sure everyone gets a good little mix in each but can't guarentee what's going to be in them, it's basically a way for me to clear things I'm done with rather than chuck them! I can promise there'll be interesting and worthwhile things in there - and for some unlucky souls I'll throw in some glorious crap for you to have a laugh at! but anyway, who cares, they're free! :P
    So UK only please (low funds these days!!) - maybe, 3 or 4 people? Inbox me
    Last edited by forfreddie; 2nd November 2012 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Hey guys, updating this thread.
    I am overrun with samples - so I'm doing little goody bags of around 10 or so used samples in each? Probably more! I'll make sure everyone gets a good little mix in each but can't guarentee what's going to be in them, it's basically a way for me to clear things I'm done with rather than chuck them! I can promise there'll be interesting and worthwhile things in there - but who cares, they're free! :P
    So UK only please (low funds these days!!) - maybe, 3 or 4 people? Inbox me
    What a great idea Freddie. A freebie surprise

What a great idea, Forfreddie!
    Do happy

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    What a great idea, Forfreddie!
    You don't fancy a little goody bag? :P

You don't fancy a little goody bag? :P
    I thought you already had takers! Yes please. Will PM you with my address
    Do happy

Nope! Only had two takers now including yourself, seems no-one wants my samples! :P There's some gems amongst them, enjoy guys!
    One or two more spots still available?

Send one to JON RODGERS, a UKer. To lift up his spirits. Want his address?

Perfect All slots full, thanks guys!

would love it if its still available

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have a decent sized 5ml sample of L'Eau de Monteil by Monteil EdP up for grabs. Just PM me with your address! It's a bit to sweet and aquatic for me, but a pleasant scent.

Sorry US or Canada Only.

CLAIMED
    Last edited by southerngardens; 3rd November 2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Very rare: Lasso by Jean Patou, a gorgeous floral-leather chypre launched in 1956, now almost completely forgotten. I have a bottle of the parfum (see picture, not sure how old it is, but it's in good condition) and can decant a couple of samples of 2,5 ml each.

I will ship worldwide but I want to be a little strict with who can get it: you must have been a member for 1 year, meaning since November 2011.

UPDATE: All decants gone.
    Thanks for the response and lovely comments! I am extending the offer and will send decants to the ones who have expressed interest up until now, though only the two first will get the "nice" decant bottles

Last edited by furrypine; 4th November 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Update, offer closed

Furrypine, I'd love a sample if possible. I'll PM you in a moment.

I would be veeery glad to get a sample, thanks Furrypine!

I would love some furrypine

A couple of L'Artisan Parfumeur samples in need of a good home - Traversée du Bosphore and Mure et Musc Extreme. Wanted to like them but really don't! (UK only)

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Very rare: Lasso by Jean Patou, a gorgeous floral-leather chypre launched in 1956, now almost completely forgotten. I have a bottle of the parfum (see picture, not sure how old it is, but it's in good condition) and can decant a couple of samples of 2,5 ml each.

I will ship worldwide but I want to be a little strict with who gets it: you must have been a member for 1 year, meaning since November 2011.

That is one really lovely offer furrypine. I am not going to jump in because this fragrance will be of greater importance to folk other than me, but it really is so generous of you.
    Last edited by Foustie; 7th November 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Embarassing typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    That is one really lovely offer furrypine. I am not going to jump in because this fragrance will be of greater importance to folk other than me, but it really is so gernerous of you.
    +1

As for the goodybags, they have all been packaged up and will be sent first class tomorrow! Let me know when they arrive guys. There's a real mixed bag in there so hope there's at least one or two things in there people like, that'd make it worthwhile Still, everyone's got about 12-13 samples/decants Enjoy!

Freddie, thanks again for the goodybag. I'm testing Jasmin et Cigarette today. It has attitude by the buckets, I say!

+1

As for the goodybags, they have all been packaged up and will be sent first class tomorrow! Let me know when they arrive guys. There's a real mixed bag in there so hope there's at least one or two things in there people like, that'd make it worthwhile Still, everyone's got about 12-13 samples/decants Enjoy!
    Do happy

Blog Entries

Freddie, thanks again for the goodybag. I'm testing Jasmin et Cigarette today. It has attitude by the buckets, I say!
    Ladymurasaki, please do join us in the Sample of the Day thread, (in the Fragrance lndustry forum) & share more of your impressions with us! lt's always fun to see what others make of freddie's goodies
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Yay! Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Ladymurasaki, please do join us in the Sample of the Day thread, (in the Fragrance lndustry forum) & share more of your impressions with us! lt's always fun to see what others make of freddie's goodies
    +1 !! Lol! I'm like the fragrance candy man, luring your all into the thread :P

On offer...

YSL Opium Poesie de Chine edt, 100 ml bottle, almost full, barely used. -- TAKEN. That was quick.

Gres Cabotine, 100 ml, full (only sprayed a couple of times to try). -- CLAIMED, SHIPPED & DELIVERED!

BN members only, obviously.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 9th January 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

lilybelle sent you a PM about YSL Opium Poesie de Chine edt.

- - - Updated - - -

lilybelle sent you a PM about YSL Opium Poesie de Chine edt.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Default Samples to give away; USA only please

Have moved my offerings to the men's freebie thread (it's one of the "sticky" threads up top in the men's forum -- see post #140).

Peace today, Lisa
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 9th December 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: edited to remove requested items, and add

Default Re: Samples to give away; USA only please

You have a very kind and generous soul, Lisa!

I wish u & ur family a most wonderful holiday season
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

How do I get a free sample?

Bridgewater: send me a personal message with your request. Lisa

Basenotes Plus

Very generous, Lisa!
    And for those who like rich old school- Via Lanvin is a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    Absolutely free, free shipping, no strings attached:

Samples:
    Hanae Mori EDT
    Isabella Rossellini Daring
    Vintage Via Lanvin
    Bottega Veneta

Bottle:
    1/4 ounce vintage (c. 1960s/70s) Caron Bellodgia parfum de toilette spray -- smells great, I just prefer the EDP

Happy Thanksgiving! Lisa
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Hi There!

I have an almost full bottle of Isabella Rossellini Manifesto (no cap or box) free to a good home - UK or Ireland with 40 posts or more. Its a green, herbal floral.

Notes are: Basil, Blackcurrant leaves, White Pepper, Mandarin, Sweet Pea, Jasmin, Rose Sandalwood, Chestnut Tree.
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 10th January 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Manifesto is a fragrance that's intrigued me for a while but I don't think I've posted enough to qualify. Good luck to whoever does!

- - - Updated - - -

Manifesto is a fragrance that's intrigued me for a while but I don't think I've posted enough to qualify. Good luck to whoever does!