Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Default Re: Free to a good home

Agree with 30R. There should be something like take some -- give some unwritten rapport going on. And it has been! Besides, we were doing it first (ubuandibeme's thread) and Men's forum took us as an example, but they had to set some rules.

All girls have been playing nicely, I thought.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks, kayley! Looks like mine came in on Saturday (I found them in my mailbox this morning).

Was hoping that you all would find that there's no need for lots of rules. I've posted freebies here a few times recently, which has really helped me with Spring cleaning of samples, and I've experienced zero drama, which is wonderful!

Unfortunately, the number of persons who have sent me PMs expressing the need for oversight in this area have far outweighed the responses in the thread written by those who prefer things go along as they have been.

Henceforth, only persons who have been Basenotes Plus Members for one year and have a minimum of 500 posts may participate in this thread. Prior written authorization must be obtained from a minimum of five moderators before someone may claim any item(s). All offers must be available to anyone, regardless of where they live; geographic discrimination will no longer be tolerated.

Thank you for understanding the need for these rules and why they were put into effect today.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

April Fools to you too!

I will send a sample of Provence Santé Verlaine to anyone in the USA. This is verbena + linden, very simple and light. Starts off verbena, with a bit of linden, after about 30 minutes all you can smell is linden. It's marketed to men but frankly I can't understand why.

edit: Claimed by lounickie
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 2nd April 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Hahahaha! Best one all day, socalwoman! You got me-for a minute!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

She's not kidding!

She's making me return the pack I got from kayley123.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    She's not kidding!

She's making me return the pack I got from kayley123.
    You're pulling our leg, juanderer!

I don't know if this is allowed now, but I do not fit the criteria stated above (I'm not even a Basenotes Plus member), but I don't want my sample packs sent back to me. I will send back anything I've received if needed, but I DO NOT want my samples back.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Thank you for understanding the need for these rules and why they were put into effect today.
    This alone shows it to be an April Fools' joke, folks.
    And the idea of needing prior written authorization from 5 mods is hilarious!

She had me there for a bit..I thought, oh crud..I am not a Basenotes Plus member..I can no longer participate.
    Then I read further and I realized it was indeed, fools on me!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kayley123 View Post
    I don't know if this is allowed now, but I do not fit the criteria stated above (I'm not even a Basenotes Plus member), but I don't want my sample packs sent back to me. I will send back anything I've received if needed, but I DO NOT want my samples back.
    Yup, got me too! I thought 5 mods sounded pretty excessive, but I thought I'd say something just to make sure. (Yes, I'm gullible.)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The thought of mods wanting to have to deal with more correspondence over picayune and routine matters, when they are already up to their eyes in spammers on the forum, is beyond funny!

I'll repeat my offer:

I will send a sample of Provence Santé Verlaine to anyone in the USA. This is verbena + linden, very simple and light. Starts off verbena, with a bit of linden, after about 30 minutes all you can smell is linden. It's marketed to men but frankly I can't understand why.

Claimed by lounickie
    Mailed on Wed. 4/3
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 3rd April 2013 at 07:56 PM.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    The thought of mods wanting to have to deal with more correspondence over picayune and routine matters, when they are already up to their eyes in spammers on the forum, is beyond funny!

Amen, sister!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

SoCal -- you got me on that! Will comply, esp with 5 mods. How about the OP of the thread? And ubu, since it was her thread going on for a couple of years?

Hello,
    I've got some Bvlgari Jasmin Noir EDP that's about 3/4 full or 15+ mls in the "charm" bottle shown here.

"New, feminine, glamorous, colorful and resolutely BVLGARI. This purse spray is inspired by BVLGARI's colored gemstones. Captivating and caressing, Jasmin Noir is a floral-woody fragrance with multiple facets. Infinitely sensual and addictive, its seductive scent is sublimely revealed by jasmine, a flower whose beauty is as pure as it is tantalizing."

Notes: gardenia, green sap note, jasmine sambac, almond, precious woods, tonka bean, licorice. [No fruity punch.]

Any interest to anyone in the USA? I don't think I've got the box anymore, but there's a little satin pouch.

Please post interest here. My Inbox is filling and needs to be cleaned out.

Claimed by SouthernGardens at 1815 CST
    Last edited by Schilling; 2nd April 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: New owner found

I've been wanting one of those BVL gems for a while..but would prefer the Jasmin Noir flanker with no gardenia. That being said, won't be greedy and ask for it just for the bottle.

I have a sample of Ramon Monegal's Lovely Day if anyone wants it. New, in RM card.

Also adding a Chanel carded sample of Les Exclusifs Sycomore.

U.S. only.
    Last edited by kalli; 3rd April 2013 at 03:10 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I've been wanting one of those BVL gems for a while..but would prefer the Jasmin Noir flanker with no gardenia. That being said, won't be greedy and ask for it just for the bottle.

I have a sample of Ramon Monegal's Lovely Day if anyone wants it. New, in RM card.

Also adding a Chanel carded sample of Les Exclusifs Sycomore.
    Argh. I'd feel greedy claiming this as I just got a lovely package from kayley. Another Monegal that slips me by... I should go to Neiman Marcus soon.

I thought you were in Mexico but you are in Houston? You can have it if you want, if you live in Houston, as it's U.S. only.

Basenotes Plus

I am in the US. I just happen to be Mexican.

How about this? I only give you the Monegal and give the Chanel to another user?

So, if you want the Monegal..just send me your address, ok? Thanks

Sample of Sycomore still available.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post

Hello,
    I've got some Bvlgari Jasmin Noir EDP that's about 3/4 full or 15+ mls in the "charm" bottle shown here.

"New, feminine, glamorous, colorful and resolutely BVLGARI. This purse spray is inspired by BVLGARI's colored gemstones. Captivating and caressing, Jasmin Noir is a floral-woody fragrance with multiple facets. Infinitely sensual and addictive, its seductive scent is sublimely revealed by jasmine, a flower whose beauty is as pure as it is tantalizing."

Notes: gardenia, green sap note, jasmine sambac, almond, precious woods, tonka bean, licorice. [No fruity punch.]

Any interest to anyone in the USA? I don't think I've got the box anymore, but there's a little satin pouch.

Please post interest here. My Inbox is filling and needs to be cleaned out.
    I would be interested in it. It's very generous, Schilling!

southerngardens

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 20025

I have an RAOK up for grabs for a member in the USA consisting of 10-20 feminine samples, some maybe duplicates, just be the first to PM me with your name and address and it's yours!

southerngardens

CLAIMED BY JEM182

Last edited by southerngardens; 2nd April 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

What is a Raok?

Ok SouthernGardens, Bvlgari Jasmin Noir will be heading out to you this week. You've been very generous with your collection, so I hope you enjoy this one.

New offering. Is anyone in the USA interested in this mini-Calvin Klein Obsession Night ? I had to look it up to see if it's the For Him or For Her version, because it smells very unisex to me. An image search tells me that it's For Her. 5+ milliliters left. No box.

Please respond in this post, as my InBox is about full.

- - - Updated - - -

What is a Raok?
    I just looked it up, too! Random Act of Kindness?
    Last edited by Schilling; 3rd April 2013 at 03:10 AM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Raok = random act of kindness = a freebie.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Thank You so much,Schilling! I appreciate it!

SG

How about this? I only give you the Monegal and give the Chanel to another user?

So, if you want the Monegal..just send me your address, ok? Thanks

Sample of Sycomore still available.
    I'd love your sample of Sycomore if it's still up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    I'd love your sample of Sycomore if it's still up for grabs.
    Sure, send me your address, thanks!

queen of the universe

Lucky me, I landed 4 oz EACH of vintage Zibeliene and Weil de Weil, and would love to share. If you've ever wondered about this underappreciated house, I'll send samples of one or both to the first 5 respondents. While the Weil name still exists, only the vintage is worth exploring. Weil to my nose is on a par with Chanel and Guerlain, with a particular genius for the animalic. Zibeline is a spicy, heliotrope laden blast from the past, originally intended to scent furs—as it does my mom's mink. Weil de Weil is a bitter green floral, drying down with those florals intact burnished by civet and leather. Featuring narcissus and hyacinth prominently, it is a perfect early spring fragrance. Bittergracenotes summed it up perfectly, "it is the smell of a swamp in Paradise."
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Twolf AND bamboogrrrl your packages went out today.

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Lucky me, I landed 4 oz EACH of vintage Zibeliene and Weil de Weil, and would love to share. If you've ever wondered about this underappreciated house, I'll send samples of one or both to the first 5 respondents. While the Weil name still exists, only the vintage is worth exploring. Weil to my nose is on a par with Chanel and Guerlain, with a particular genius for the animalic. Zibeline is a spicy, heliotrope laden blast from the past, originally intended to scent furs—as it does my mom's mink. Weil de Weil is a bitter green floral, drying down with those florals intact burnished by civet and leather. Featuring narcissus and hyacinth prominently, it is a perfect early spring fragrance. Bittergracenotes summed it up perfectly, "it is the smell of a swamp in Paradise."
    Hello jujy -

I'd love to try a bit of Zibeliene.

I'd love even a tiny sniff of the weil's if possible. Huge vintage, green and animalic fan!

Basenotes Plus

Hi jujy,

I'd like to smell both, please!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hey Jujy!

I just got my Zibeline PDT in the mail today, but I would love to smell the Weil de Weil!

Thanks!

southerngardens

PS. I've become so interested in Weil, I've ordered the Weil Pour Homme to see how it fairs since it was reformulated. Crossing fingers!

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 20103
    This set just came in the mail from another member( thank you). It's a delightful perfume set of mini perfumes called Miss Vietnam. The fragrances are not my style and I wanted to offer it to someone else to try that is in the USA. Just be the first to PM me your name and address and it's yours!
    I am moving at the end of this week,so,I will try to get them out before Friday.

Thanks,

southerngardens

Claimed by jujy54
    Last edited by southerngardens; 7th April 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Lucky me, I landed 4 oz EACH of vintage Zibeliene and Weil de Weil, and would love to share. If you've ever wondered about this underappreciated house, I'll send samples of one or both to the first 5 respondents.
    Wow, lucky you indeed! I love vintage Weil Noir and am just starting to explore the others.
    Not sure if you ship out of the US but I would love a sniff of anything you're able to spare.

queen of the universe

rowan-! Noir! I will send you a sampler and my firstborn for a sniff of Noir, tho her husband may have a problem with the firstborn business....
    Seriously, pm me with an address.

southern gardens, I'll take them off you hands. Decanting tonight, so Weil recipients, watch you mailboxes (:

Oh dear jujy54 I don't know if I've inadvertently misled you into thinking I'm sitting on a reservoir of Noir! I'm nowhere as fortunate as you - I do love it but all I have is a tiny parfum bottle and what's left just about covers its base so I honestly don't even know how much I'm going to be able to get out of there. I hope you'll understand - and even if I do send you anything it's going to be such a laughably pathetic smidgen. I'm really very, very sorry about that... perhaps you should pass those Weil decants to someone more deserving than me!
    Last edited by rowan-; 6th April 2013 at 09:25 PM.

queen of the universe

A smidgen is fin, rowan-. I've sent tiny samples of scarce or dear stuff by dampening a cotton ball and putting it in a tiny Zip-Loc bag, then double bagging. You're still getting your decants, no worries.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, the Weil sampling has filled up. If your post precedes this one, you're in. Please pm me an address and whether you want one, the other, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Raok = random act of kindness = a freebie.
    Applause !!!

- - - Updated - - -

A smidgen is fin, rowan-. I've sent tiny samples of scarce or dear stuff by dampening a cotton ball and putting it in a tiny Zip-Loc bag, then double bagging. You're still getting your decants, no worries.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, the Weil sampling has filled up. If your post precedes this one, you're in. Please pm me an address and whether you want one, the other, or both.
    Thank you for your kindness
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

jujy54, thank you so much! Shall I send you a few drops in a vial so you can try it on skin? I'd like to know what you think of it, especially since so little has been written about it online and you've evidently got much more experience with vintage Weils than I. I have to add that I work highly irregular hours so it may be a few days before I make it to the post office... but I will get there.

- - - Updated - - -

TAKEN:Jo Malone: Velvet Rose and Oud, Earl Grey and Cucumber, Nutmeg & Ginger, Dark Amber & Gingerlily, Rosewater & Vanilla going to Whitefluffy

TAKEN: CB I Hate Perfume: Memory Of Kindness, Under the Arbor, Indonesian Vetiver Accord, Revelation, In the Summer Kitchen, Wild Hunt, Black March, Russian Caravan Tea, Violet Empire, Cumming, and Cedarwood Tea going to foodog

TAKEN"patchouli & jewels": Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums, Patchouli Antique by Les Nereides, Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan, and, by Olivier Durbano: Amethyst, and Black Tourmaline going to Ekscentra

Peace today, Lisa
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 8th April 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: update for claimed items

Lisa, your generosity knows no bounds! Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Truly!!

I don't want to monopolize or take too much advantage of your kindness, but I would be very interested in trying the CB I Hate Perfume samples, if no other takers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a really cute mini of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, if anyone wants it. Also a large deluxe sample vial of Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Plus a random assortment of smaller samples that I will include with the other two. Prefer to ship within the U.S., please.

PetiteRobe.jpg
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 7th April 2013 at 09:39 PM.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

summer means fireflys

I removed it for you, FooDog.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I removed it for you, FooDog.
    Thank you so much!!
    - Bruce Lee

Oh, I feel bad for asking since I've received a few freebies already, but may I have the LPRN mini if no one else asks for it? Minis are so adorable (and I actually have room for them in my apartment. Augh, not enough space!) Feel free to disregard me if you'd rather wait for someone else, I would understand completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FooDog View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I have a really cute mini of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, if anyone wants it. Also a large deluxe sample vial of Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Plus a random assortment of smaller samples that I will include with the other two. Prefer to ship within the U.S., please.

PetiteRobe.jpg

queen of the universe

rowan-, of all things, there was an auction for 1/2 full mini of Noir Parfum, out of UK. I know my limit, so one one hand, I lost, on the other handI helped raise the price for the seller (; and can feel some relief at the shekels that are still in my pocket (;

Quote Originally Posted by kayley123 View Post
    Oh, I feel bad for asking since I've received a few freebies already, but may I have the LPRN mini if no one else asks for it? Minis are so adorable (and I actually have room for them in my apartment. Augh, not enough space!) Feel free to disregard me if you'd rather wait for someone else, I would understand completely.
    Of course you may!! PM me your address.
    - Bruce Lee

queen of the universe

Weil recipients: family matters overtook the weekend, I will keep you posted as to when these get out. So sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    CONUS only please: 2 sample sets, one per person, choose Jo Malone, or "patchouli & jewels":

Jo Malone: Velvet Rose and Oud, Earl Grey and Cucumber, Nutmeg & Ginger, Dark Amber & Gingerlily, Rosewater & Vanilla

Peace today, Lisa
    These sound very juicy . If there is no other takers, I wold really love to try these as I have sniffed very few of Malone's. But if there someone else interested, I will be happy to drop out . Thanks!

Weil recipients: family matters overtook the weekend, I will keep you posted as to when these get out. So sorry.
    No worries for me - I hope things are OK with your family.

rowan-, of all things, there was an auction for 1/2 full mini of Noir Parfum, out of UK. I know my limit, so one one hand, I lost, on the other handI helped raise the price for the seller (; and can feel some relief at the shekels that are still in my pocket (;
    D'you know what, jujy54, I was looking at that same auction, and watching my hopes of replenishing Noir slip away rather quickly. I suppose there are folks who want Noir more badly than we do! Anyway you're still getting that little sample - don't forget to PM your address when you're able to.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

No problem! Family comes first! Prayers and thoughts going out to your Family.
    I got my Weil Pour Homme in and will get a sample to you as soon as possible. It smells similar to something that I can't put my finger on, but I like it a lot! I hope you will too!
    I will also get you the Set of Miss Vietnam frags too.
    Last edited by southerngardens; 9th April 2013 at 12:27 AM.

No rush on my part. Take care of you and yours. I hope all is well.

Here's a seasonally appropriate offer for a fellow violet lover: Yardley April Violets soap (100g, very strongly scented) and talc (200g, a few years old, tin is a bit dented but nearly full).

UK only please, and it may take a few days for me to post them, but they will get to you

TAKEN Offering one incense-themed sample set (CONUS only, please):

Incense Extreme by Tauer
    Avignon by CdG
    Messe de Minuit by Etro
    Passage D'Enfer by L'Artisan
    Encens et Lavande by Serge Lutens

Going to Curly11
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 10th April 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Nice selection!

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    Offering one incense-themed sample set (CONUS only, please):

Incense Extreme by Tauer
    Avignon by CdG
    Messe de Minuit by Etro
    Passage D'Enfer by L'Artisan
    Encens et Lavande by Serge Lutens
    I'd like to give your samples a new home if they're still available.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Agree 100%! There are so many generous people here!

Digging through the shelves and have come up with these that need new homes (CONUS only please)

Decant of Kenzo Jungle d'Elephant - approx. 4 mls (CLAIMED)
    J. Del Pozo In Black - 25ml of 30ml bottle (CLAIMED)
    Last edited by cello; 10th April 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Cello, I have PM'd you about the In Black. Very Interesting!