Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can't believe that Paco has not come out with a 1 Million flanker?...

The scent is making good sale you think he would flank the success? I could see a 1Million White Gold edition...with added peppermint schnapps and lemon accord.

Default Re: Can't believe that Paco has not come out with a 1 Million flanker?...

1.5 million

50% extra free.

Default Re: Can't believe that Paco has not come out with a 1 Million flanker?...

I'd probably be first in line to buy it. I have no problem admitting that I adore both 1 Million and Black XS. I don't care how many people are wearing it, 1 million is just almost the perfect cold weather scent for me. Black XS is a favorite as well (but longevity is a problem for me with B XS).

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I Million - Tax Free edition.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The scent is making good sale you think he would flank the success?
    Just wait!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just wait!
    This was my thought also.....Gary

I heard a rumor that they are working with Sean John, and the name of the new fragrance will be "I am the 1%." The source seems highly unreliable though. LOL.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I actually like 1 Million, but can't really see how they would "flank" it successfully. It's kind of a dense bittersweet minty orange oddball that has a few dozen unnamed flankers all rolled into one scent.

Please don't tempt fate...
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Do we really need one?

why wear 1 Million when we could wear.....(insert pinky finger in mouth) 1..... Billion?

Lmao good one

I would like a overly sweet and synthetic version.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

"54p And A Sweet Wrapper"

Cheaper clone.

1 Million Sport

It's the future!

Sur la Plage

Thankfully............
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was waiting for a Platinum Extreme as well.

1 Million featuring 50 Cent.

1 Milli Fiddy Sport

They should stick a drop of synthetic oud in it and watch the blind-buys roll in

Yawn...

I can't believe that Paco is so kind?...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just wait!
    Exactly! I bet you there will be one before the end of this year...

Oh lordy lordy

One Million Platinum Status coming to a store near you!

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I would like an overly sweet and synthetic version.....
    Hah!

They are, it's going to be called "1 Billion" and come in a Platinum bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    They are, it's going to be called "1 Billion" and come in a Platinum bottle

You've been beaten to it unfortunately (see above). Great joke though.

Good point.
    An EDP version - I Million Intense - would be very good.
    Perhaps followed up the next year by a woodier and sweeter Extreme EDT version.
    Though I'm not sure that I would be as enthused by a lighter Ete version for summer wear.
    Regards,
    Renato

Actually, I remember reading that they said 1 Million used mostly natural ingredients, except for the blonde leather accord. At least that was in a release from Paco Rabanne.

Also, I don't get why people always complain about the sweetness of 1 Million. To me, the spices, woods, and patchouli in the base contrast the sweetness perfectly. On the other hand, I think others like Bond's New Haarlem and Rochas Man, which get tons of praise, are much sweeter and more cloying because they are "syrupy" with nothing spicy to contrast the sweetness.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 22nd February 2012 at 03:18 PM.

I think it is going through the unemployed people's star fragrance stage. I see all the unemployed wearing 1Mill using their dole money?

I'll say this... It's a hell of a lot more interesting than frags like Bleu de Chanel or anything YSL has released lately...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Actually, I remember reading that they said 1 Million used mostly natural ingredients, except for the blonde leather accord. At least that was in a release from Paco Rabanne.
    And if you believe that, I have a few NIB bottles of vintage Djedi to sell you, I need cash so you can have em for a great price... oh and some land in the Philippines ... and if you just wire me $1200, I can get you your full $75,000 inheritance

Seems there is a new one coming out. A "pure perfume" spray. Paco Rabanne One Million Absolutely Gold.

With Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million Absolutely Gold and Paco Rabanne’s Lady Million Absolutely Gold, you’ll find your ultimate fantasy in a bottle. And from 15th June – 13th August, you’ll only find these new perfumes at World Duty Free stores.

1 Million Absolutely Gold, Pure Perfume Eccentric, sensual and pure, an unexpected burst of mandarin, a powerful floral heart and sensual, masculine leather base notes give this original fragrance its powerful aura, innate refinement and distinct signature.

http://www.worlddutyfree.com/paco-absolutely-gold

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    They should stick a drop of synthetic oud in it and watch the blind-buys roll in
    You beat me to it. So I can only say... +1
    But that's so funny.. just imagine 1 Million Oud, probably in a different bottle (the current one is not pretty).

Guffaw. I always assumed 1 Million was a flanker of everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

1 Million Sport.
    1 Million Oud Sport?
    1 Million Oud Intense Sport!
    1 Million Oud Intense Sport Extreme!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caskey View Post
    Seems there is a new one coming out. A "pure perfume" spray. Paco Rabanne One Million Absolutely Gold.

With Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million Absolutely Gold and Paco Rabanne’s Lady Million Absolutely Gold, you’ll find your ultimate fantasy in a bottle. And from 15th June – 13th August, you’ll only find these new perfumes at World Duty Free stores.

1 Million Absolutely Gold, Pure Perfume Eccentric, sensual and pure, an unexpected burst of mandarin, a powerful floral heart and sensual, masculine leather base notes give this original fragrance its powerful aura, innate refinement and distinct signature.

http://www.worlddutyfree.com/paco-absolutely-gold
    Is this for real?!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I Million - Tax Free edition.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's only been out for 3 or 4 years. I'm sure there's one coming.

Just add some grapefruit and we have 1 Million Sport. lol

Such an ostentatious name. I'd be very pleased if the flanker was named "Small Dick."

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    Is this for real?!
    It is indeed. Seen a bottle of this on ebay, but the seller was looking for £59.00

In light of recent events I think they should work "Swiss Account" into the title somewhere. It could smell mysterious or feature a strong fishy note. Don't get me started on the Cayman edition.

If theyre really launching a Pure Parfum version i will buy it for sure.

Oh well, must have got sold pretty quickly then. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACO-RABAN...item43b1c82e9d

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Thankfully............
    Agreed. I hate the crap.

Should I be ashamed that I've just purchased Absolutely Gold?! I'll report back with my verdict...

Should I be ashamed that I've just purchased Absolutely Gold?! I'll report back with my verdict...
    And I´ll be ashamed waiting for your report, sir!

Can you compare the smell, longevity and sillage with the regular for us, my dear friend?

My belated weighing in: I guess it will be just a matter of time until it will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Can you compare the smell, longevity and sillage with the regular for us, my dear friend?
    Will do; I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest, so will let you know how it compares. I'm expecting it to be a bit closer to the skin than the regular due to the concentration, which may not be a bad thing as the original is extremely loud!
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Well, they "sort of" did. Paco rabanne is owned by Puig, owning Anotnio Bandera's and Carolina Herrera's scents. So far, they launched two very similar scents:

- Bandera's The Golden Secret
    - Herrera's 212 VIP

Now, I am very sure the multinational behind the bubble gum / fruity accord so distinctive of 1 Million has been marketing this aroma chemical, thus similar scents and knock offs are omnipresent: Lapidus Black Soul, Bogart's Silver Scent are two coming to my mind. Add knock offs, zillions of them.

So there it goes, no need for flankers, I guess.

Will do; I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest, so will let you know how it compares. I'm expecting it to be a bit closer to the skin than the regular due to the concentration, which may not be a bad thing as the original is extremely loud!
    Did you order it from ebay? Seems to be the only place I found it recently. Will be looking forward to your intial impressions.

2 million !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caskey View Post
    Did you order it from ebay? Seems to be the only place I found it recently. Will be looking forward to your intial impressions.
    Yes, I got it from a seller on there; it was the only one listed.

Initial Impressions: Right off the bat, there is a pronounced mandarin note, which differs slightly from the original. However, what I am smelling five minutes in is almost identical to the EDT. It differs in that this is a slightly sweeter, slightly richer composition; in my very brief test, I wasn't detecting the metallic note that seems to run through the EDT, so I suppose you could say that the Parfum is smoother. However, it loses none of the 1 Million DNA. In fact, I would go so far as to say that people will not be able to tell the two apart. So far, I am disappointed as I was expecting it to be a different take on the original, more mature and refined; thus far it is not. I need to do some more extensive testing as this is based on a very quick spray and about an hour of wear. I would rate sillage and longevity to be the same, though this may wear a little closer to the skin (still ridiculous projection) I also intend to test the two versions side by side to compare them more accurately.

At the moment, I would say that if you own the original, this will be a redundant purchase and certainly not worth the extra £/$/€ as it does smell very similar.

More to come. Stay tuned.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

You are absolutely right. The way designer houses put out flankers today. I am surprised we have not already seen One Million Fresh, One Million Sport, One Million Oud, One Million Intense.

Paco Rabanne 1 Million Food Stamps edition. Customer base has changed since this came out in 2008.

Yes, I got it from a seller on there; it was the only one listed.

Initial Impressions: Right off the bat, there is a pronounced mandarin note, which differs slightly from the original. However, what I am smelling five minutes in is almost identical to the EDT. It differs in that this is a slightly sweeter, slightly richer composition; in my very brief test, I wasn't detecting the metallic note that seems to run through the EDT, so I suppose you could say that the Parfum is smoother. However, it loses none of the 1 Million DNA. In fact, I would go so far as to say that people will not be able to tell the two apart. So far, I am disappointed as I was expecting it to be a different take on the original, more mature and refined; thus far it is not. I need to do some more extensive testing as this is based on a very quick spray and about an hour of wear. I would rate sillage and longevity to be the same, though this may wear a little closer to the skin (still ridiculous projection) I also intend to test the two versions side by side to compare them more accurately.

At the moment, I would say that if you own the original, this will be a redundant purchase and certainly not worth the extra £/$/€ as it does smell very similar.

More to come. Stay tuned.
    Sounds good to me, rich and sweeter.
    It lasts more than the original, with a tad less projection?

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyPepper View Post
    2 million !!!
    Hehe.

1 Million Vegas..ugh..I could see that
    1 Million Mega Millions
    1 Million Pure Gold
    1 Million D'or

I really like Lady Million and I even like the bottle, I really like it! But 1 Million, the juice and bottle have me going
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Sounds good to me, rich and sweeter.
    It lasts more than the original, with a tad less projection?
    If you have the original, this won't really offer you anything different. Just stick with that as they are almost identical.

I don't know about the lasting power as I only had it on for an hour. From my initial impressions I would guess that it projects slightly less than the original but probably lasts just as long.

Both this and the original both strike me as somewhat vulgar; not a gentleman's fragrance at all. For those like me who were hoping for something more refined than the EDT, don't even bother with this.

Sounds exactly like Silver Scent and Silver Scent Intense. The Intense have a bit less projection, is sweeter, richer and slightly less synthetic. Lasts longer and costs more than the EDT.
    Its redundant, yes, but for the lovers of the fragrance the differences worth to own both.