Not at all.
You should be overwhelmed with a glowing and embracing effect.
Amber in nature is warm , comforting and enveloping.
Thread: Ambre 114
Am I supposed to be getting a huge, freezing, minty blast to my nostrils from this? Kind of hard to smell anything else but that.
It has a soothing effect on me - great scent IMO.
I hope nothing is wrong with my sense of smell. I took a shower then put more on. The smell is toned down. Kind of gone if I smell from a far.
This happened to me when got my L'air du desert. First spray i was overwhelmed by something that smelled like asphalt. I don't get that anymore unless I smell it closer than 1/2 a foot from the source. Didn't get that from the test vial i had.
nope ... you should be experiencing a warm, creamy and slightly powdery aura ... ask someone else what your fragrance smells like to them ... if they confirm your appraisal, return it; if they share my sketch aforesaid, you most likely are a victim of olfactory fatigue (nose burnout) ...
"Great art picks up where nature ends.”
- Marc Chagall
Creamy, smooth amber. Definately no mint.
My top 16:
1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...
No mint to me either but the fragrance lists geranium in the notes list. Geranium can have a minty aspect so, just guessing, you're probably hypersensitive to it...
Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here
There's a prominent thyme note in the opening, quite cool, I can detect it quite sharply