Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Where is Armani Sport Code??? (Or Code Sport...it's hard to tell)

Why isn't this up on the Armani page? One of the best releases from Armani in a long time, and certainly the best of the "Code" family. Actually, I think it's a damn good fragrance all by itself. Really original, fascinating use of mint. I think this could be one for the ages!

Default Re: Where is Armani Sport Code??? (Or Code Sport...it's hard to tell)

Tried it recently and thought it smelled nice. Haven't decided yet if I will pick this one up.

I know this one gets slammed around here, but I like it too. It's on my buy list for this summer. And yes, I think it's far better than the original Code.

I do not like it at all, IMO it was an unnecessary release.
    IMO a good mint based fragrance is Frederic Malle - Geranium pour Monsieur.

It is in the trash can where it belongs. Maybe the worst release of 2011.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

It smells alright, but nothing special really. Wouldn't purchase a bottle, although it's pretty cheap for a 50ml gift set here in the UK recently.

Didn't like it. It's like a grimmer version of Allure Homme Sport.

Like it. Nothing common with Allure Homme Sport. It's a bit similar to Dior Homme Sport, but more subtle and has a distinctive mint note. Sexy and long lasting smell.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Nothing common with Allure Homme Sport.
    Orange, vetiver and amber.

It's true too though that it also smells like the not so nice part of Dior Homme Sport's top notes, before the niceness comes in. Both are better than the Armani.

Dependent

This is going to sound weird but I would prefer Armani Attitude over the Code (& sport).
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by colormechris View Post
    Why isn't this up on the Armani page? One of the best releases from Armani in a long time, and certainly the best of the "Code" family. Actually, I think it's a damn good fragrance all by itself. Really original, fascinating use of mint. I think this could be one for the ages!
    I'm sorry I have to disagree, this juice isnt great or for the ages, original code was better, and that wasn't that great either. There's nothing unique, special about this. It's all synthetic, nothing more, nothing less. For the same amount, there's so many better choices then this. This is actually in my top 10 worst releases of 2011 along side with Gucci guilty/intense and Lacoste refresh to name a few.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    This is going to sound weird but I would prefer Armani Attitude over the Code (& sport).
    Not weird: I totally agree. Plus, the drydown on Attitude heads in a direction completely opposite of Code and Code Sport which makes it more of a fall/winter/spring fragrance.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Perhaps a bit synthetic, I'll agree. But it smells like nothing else to me, and that's quite an accomplishment. I think it would get props if it weren't a flanker. Mint is really hard to pull off and not end up smelling like a candy cane. IMHO.

If your looking for a great mint fragrance these would be my choices.

HEELEY - Menthe Fraiche

Cartier - Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by colormechris View Post
    Why isn't this up on the Armani page?
    It is up on the Armani site here

I have to disagree with all of the negative remarks about Code Sport.....This is a very good fragrance and the longevity is veryy good!!!
    Gary

Red face Re: Where is Armani Sport Code??? (Or Code Sport...it's hard to tell)

I looked at the official Armani description of Code Sport (thanks Ziffy321!) and it's basically (from top to bottom) spearmint, on top of citrus, on top of vetiver. Doesn't that even just sound great?

Basenotes Junkie

I really like Code Sport...after smelling a ton of fragrances in December, I went with code sport...I love mint frags and even though the mint is subtle and short lived, I really like it while it lasts. I discovered base notes a few days before going to pick out a fragrance and I had a list of ones I wanted to try that are quite highly esteemed, and, I didn't like any of the ones on my list, but I liked code sport. I know that I'm a newby and don't have a ton of experience with fragrances, but to my nose, it's awesome. Some may say that my nose is not refined enough, and if that's the case, I don't know if I want to refine it if it that refinement makes my nose think that awesome fragrances smell "crappy".

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I really like Code Sport...after smelling a ton of fragrances in December, I went with code sport...I love mint frags and even though the mint is subtle and short lived, I really like it while it lasts. I discovered base notes a few days before going to pick out a fragrance and I had a list of ones I wanted to try that are quite highly esteemed, and, I didn't like any of the ones on my list, but I liked code sport. I know that I'm a newby and don't have a ton of experience with fragrances, but to my nose, it's awesome. Some may say that my nose is not refined enough, and if that's the case, I don't know if I want to refine it if it that refinement makes my nose think that awesome fragrances smell "crappy".
    I don't think it's about your nose becoming more refined. I think it's about knowing what it is you're smelling and getting a feeling for composition. It's like becoming more sophisticated about music through listening to it. You still like what you like and don't what you don't! But as in all things cultured; there's always going to be a bit of snobbery. That's just human.

Talking Re: Where is Armani Sport Code??? (Or Code Sport...it's hard to tell)

That's not to imply that any of you here who don't like ACS are perfume snobs, of course!