Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Creed SMW - anyone else disappointed ?

...do as I do: consider Creed as a total disappointment of itself and you never will be disappointed by one of its mediocre releases again...!
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Smells like an expensive sports deodorant...
    You got it - smells like a natural better version of a $15 Supermarket Williams Cologne spray - sorry, I'm not even kidding !

It does have nice elements of ink and metal, which I kind of like - me being a fan of Chanel Platinum and all

Ohhhhh and I actually am getting 8 hours out of SMW - but I have to dip my nose very close to my skin to still be able to catch a whiff of it on my skin.
    We have 2 degrees celcius outside (35 Fahrenheit) but I stayed in all day setting up my new iPhone 4s 64GB and TimeCapsule/Sonos music system and have a solid 27 degrees in my apartment (80 fahrenheit - Yeahhh I like to have it nice and warm indoors) and this should make the scent project a bit more, yet it still is very close to the skin this frag.....hmmm
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I bought it to use it for the upcoming spring and summer - and as a high end gym scent. This stuff is really boring and mediocre smelling to my nose.
    pardon for asking the painfully obvious question, but.... why on earth did you buy a full bottle of an expensive perfume THAT YOU DON'T LIKE?!?!??!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    One of my female coworkers used to beg me to wear it and it alone every day.
    does this mean that she wants you to wear SMW naked?

is she hot?

if so, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...do as I do: consider Creed as a total disappointment of itself and you never will be disappointed by one of its mediocre releases again...!
    Problem is I like Creed OS and GIT and actually prefer Himalaya over SMW - how boring Himalaya may be
    But you're probably right - I will just keep my 3 bottles of Creed, maybe looking for a bottle of Aventus - and then focus on getting some Lutens, Tauer, Malle, Montale and Tom Ford in 2012.
    Have ordered Killians Back to Black after buying a sample of it and also looking to get my hands on Bond No.9 Silver Factory.

Creed sure does make the best looking stylish bottles on the planet IMHO but their juice sure does seem a bit watery and weak to my nose......hmmmm.....
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I think that you got an old stock. I had a same problem than I returned that one and bought new from Neiman Marcus and experience and Longevity are totally different.
    As mentioned I bought a 120 ml bottle and then purchased 2 2ml samples from 2 different shops, so no - they all smelled and lasted exactly the same to my nose.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Banned

BTW - Olivier Creed has stated in the past that SMW is his personal favorite creation of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    pardon for asking the painfully obvious question, but.... why on earth did you buy a full bottle of an expensive perfume THAT YOU DON'T LIKE?!?!??!
    Have you heard of that thing you're adviced NEVER to do - BLIND BUY
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I never have liked this one. I simply can't stand that piercing metallic, sour, tangy note at the top. It literally makes me feel sick. I guess it's the black currant mixed with the tea? I usually like both of these notes, but whatever creates that "shrill" opening in SMW, I just can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    BTW - Olivier Creed has stated in the past that SMW is his personal favorite creation of his.
    This and the rave reviews SMW got actually was a factor that lead me to blind buy this frag.
    No worries, I gave $165 for it, and can easily sell it for $130 - so no big deal.

I've spent 7 grant on frags since august 2011 already, but still looking to get quality juice when I pay over $100 a bottle.
    $100 a bottle is my limit - when I pay more than $100, I pay extra attention to the quality of the juice and how it projects and lasts and how natural it smells.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Big fan of SMW but it was one that I came back to after owning a sample for quite a long time. I had broken my sample out again the beginning of winter weather last year, absolutely adored it and then went full bottle. I managed to grab a pretty good deal though at $115. Definitely softened the damage of the purchase. =)

As with about 95% of my purchases, I have to go with the sample first before going in on a bottle. And it's always nice to re-visit the samples along the way, as well.

Not every scent will be for every person =)

Dependent

found it rather lackluster

its ok but wouldnt pay that much for it.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am not disappointed, because I did not expect much - and my expectations were met.
    Haha very well put good sir.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

One of my favorite scents - Very versatile, and I find that I can very easily come back to it, time after time, whereas I tire of many other scents. Could be a bad bottle/bad batch - Took me buying and returning several bottles before I bought a bottle from someone on here who got it from a Creed Boutique, to which it smelled great. Everyone has different tastes, though.

I am not disappointed, because I did not expect much - and my expectations were met.
    "Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed."

Banned
    Blog Entries

ha!

I like SMW- The initial blast is very refreshing and I find myslef smelling my arms and wrists even more through the drydown. Its a non-offensive smell that grabs compliments in every setting. It's great to my nose and all noses are different so to each their own.

Everyone has their opinion. Frags even smell different on different people. That being said Creed SMW is awesome. It is the most complimented fragrance that I have ever owned. IMO it is a very safe fragrance but smells like nothing else I could think of.

SMW will be my next purchase. I'm just waiting for either a really good deal to come my way, or for it to be a little closer to spring before I pick it up.

SMW is one of my favorite Spring fragrances. My cohort always compliments me when I wear it. It's definitely a unique take on the fresh/ floral category, which happens to be just my kind of fragrance.

Seifert I agree with your original post. SMW is overpriced and average, like every Creed except MI of the dozen or so I've bought/been gifted/sampled. MI stands head and shoulders above other citrus aquatics for me; it's only drawback is poor longevity. I will never understand the love for Aventus or GIT, they are nothing special imo. Creed = all hype

I enjoy SMW quite a bit and it is actually one of my favorite fragrances. I don't believe it was designed to be an exciting or dramatic fragrance, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't well done. I think Creed did a fantastic job with creating a unique and relaxing fresh scent.

I quite like it. Maybe not my favorite Creed, but still nice nonetheless

i LOVE this scent but longevity is about 2 hrs max and it has piss poor projection on my skin.

MI, SMW, and Himalaya all smell similar to me. I like MI and SMW and don't care for Himalaya. From reading some of the reviews people usually only like one out of the 3 and the people who like Himalaya find it a better version of SMW. Personally I think SMW is by far the best out of the three, but I didn't buy it blind either.
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

Ive tried all the Creed "water" frags several time. There is little to no appeal. The good news is that there are 25 others by Creed I like.

Martin

Cool Re: Creed SMW - anyone else disappointed ?

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I NEVER spray my clothes with frags, because sometimes the scent stays even after washing the shirt - and I try to use new frags every other day.......
    The scent is just not interesting enough to my nose, nor does it scream high quality - just seems quite mediocre middle of the road to my nose.......just being honest here.

I appreciate high quality - but I also like to be honest.
    I've seen this frag praised highly in here and on YouTube - so felt like I would give it my honest opinion.
    As said, if this frag was named Bvlgari or Versace I would not bother write about it.
    But it's a Creed costing 3-4 times what a designer frag cost.

I will sell my 120 ml bottle and move on - I still LOVE LOVE my 120 ml Creed Original Santal and Creed Aventus (Just received a 2 ml sample of Aventus) and my 120 ml Creed GIT is pretty good to my nose (not a masterpiece though - but very well made quality frag)

Have a nice day out there
    CH: I wasn't disappointed because i smelled it first and compared it unfavorably to Himalaya.
    Neither is admired by those who go for the 'old school' or ' private collection' Creeds that are better blended.

(Even most Creed haters love Vintage Tabarome)

I suggest the obvious, that if there's a retail outfit near you that carries Creed and have testers available, try them first.

The second suggestion is that you go back to the reviews here of SMW and look at those who gave it a neutral rating they may be more trustworthy insofar as having similar taste to yours.

I'm happy many like it so much, it's not an obnoxious or bad frag by any means - but had I bought it blind, I'd be tempted to give it a thumbs down as well.

Glad you like Aventus.

(Shh! It's not cool to say that around here because it's one of the modern Creeds and quite popular )

If you ever want widen your range and try the 'old school ' ones, I'd recommend Royal English Leather, Selection Verte (now, unfortunately outrageously overpriced) Cypres-Musc, and the aforementioned Vintage Tabarome (VT only if you like strong tobacco notes!)

Check out the reviews and if you can't get to test them 'live' at a retail outfit do yourself a favor and get a sample.

Sorry for your disappointment.
    Wishing you better times and happy surprises;

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    CH: I wasn't disappointed because i smelled it first and compared it unfavorably to Himalaya.
    Neither is admired by those who go for the 'old school' or ' private collection' Creeds that are better blended.

(Even most Creed haters love Vintage Tabarome)

I suggest the obvious, that if there's a retail outfit near you that carries Creed and have testers available, try them first.

The second suggestion is that you go back to the reviews here of SMW and look at those who gave it a neutral rating they may be more trustworthy insofar as having similar taste to yours.

I'm happy many like it so much, it's not an obnoxious or bad frag by any means - but had I bought it blind, I'd be tempted to give it a thumbs down as well.

Glad you like Aventus.

(Shh! It's not cool to say that around here because it's one of the modern Creeds and quite popular )

If you ever want widen your range and try the 'old school ' ones, I'd recommend Royal English Leather, Selection Verte (now, unfortunately outrageously overpriced) Cypres-Musc, and the aforementioned Vintage Tabarome (VT only if you like strong tobacco notes!)

Check out the reviews and if you can't get to test them 'live' at a retail outfit do yourself a favor and get a sample.

Sorry for your disappointment.
    Wishing you better times and happy surprises;

Cheers,

Mario
    Thanks Mario for very good advice, I do really appreciate it highly

Unfortunately the only shop in Copenhagen which had a wide variety of Creed's just closed - not enough customers would pay $200 for the 75 ml version of the Creeds (yes Retail prices in Denmark are far from cheap).

But I do enjoy fresh aquatic, metallic watery scents - and if SMW had costed $45-50 for 120 ml I would gladly use it as a nice toned down yet fresh frag for spring/fall and summer evenings. But for $150-180 online and $250 retail I just felt it was shooting way over the target.....
    At Maserati prices I don't expect to feel like driving a Toyota

I plan on getting Tabarome Imperial and Bois Du Portugal soon - can't find Vintage Tabarome anywhere unfortunately

Also plan to sample Green Valley and Royal Leather.

I enjoy all kind of frags - also once or twice a month during summer use the fresh boring uninspiring L'Eau D'Issey and Acqua Di Gio, because they are fresh and clean.
    Chanel Platinum is a fresh metallic frag I enjoy HIGHLY, even with the haters bashing it here on BN

Also enjoy the older leather, green pine and tobacco frags like Antaeus, Havana, Quorum, Van Cleef & Arpel, VC&A Tsar, D&G PH, Cacharel PH, Polo Green and Polo modern reserve.

Only stop with the too floral and make up smelling frags like Dior Homme/Intense and the coffee/Coco/Caramel based gourmands - detest A*Men, to me pure vomit.
    But highly enjoy border line gourmands like YSL BodyKouros and Lolita implica au Masculine.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Definitely in my top 3 fragrances. I absolutely love it, I just wish I could get more than 4-6 hours out of it.