Code of Conduct
    D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Default Ok, let's discuss what you would like Creed to do next for a men's/unisex/millesime

So what would you like Creed to try next? I was thinking about this last night while I was wearing Gucci pour homme II (a scent I don't wear often) and realized that I would like Creed to try a true tea-based millesime. SMW has that tea note, but I've never considered it a true tea because it isn't tea dominant. Tea is just a note among many others in it. It isn't like Gucci Pour Homme II or Tea for Two or anything of the sort. On the other hand, I like the idea of a tea-centered/focused Creed but that also has that Creed style variation on the theme, the Creed stamp but also the Creed improvised pseudo-tea feel. For instance, I think both OV and Vetiver 48 do in fact have vetiver notes, but if you ignore the other notes, I find that the vetiver note there is unusual and different (or synthetic etc. if you are not inclined to be flattering about it). So maybe a Tea with a Creed twist? Anyway, here is my idea:

Tea, with vanilla (sublime vanille-like) beeswax, black pepper (aiding the base), and the aventus/spice and wood-type drydown maybe. Kind of a watery drydown you know? solid-toned light sky-blue bottle (solid toned bottle eg Himalaya).

A second idea: I have always wanted a good spiced pumpkin note frag. Done literally, it would probably fail, but with Creed's "this-wasn't-meant-to-be-accurate-but-rather-merely-inspired-by" approach, maybe Erwin could pull it off. My notes:

Pumpkin spice, unusual candlewax, woods (coniferous or desiduous or both, whatever invokes the fall, e.g. pine/birch/maple, I would go Maple since it's more rare and most appropriate thematically to me) slight incense (although creed never uses incense so this is really fantasy now) and the classic Creed Ambergris base. Clear bottle with orange letters and trim on a gold plate/crest. I would call this "Autumn Spice".

Anyway, just having some fun and indulging in some fantasy. But do share and discuss what you would like to see Creed do, both realistically and in fantasy mode!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ok, let's discuss what you would like Creed to do next for a men's/unisex/millesime

On a side note, there is a bespoken perfume place here in town and I think I might take in these recipes and tell them to do the best they can and just see. Staring at them makes me curious about what they might smell like.

Default Re: Ok, let's discuss what you would like Creed to do next for a men's/unisex/millesime

I would like for them to retain Royal Delight.

That said, more leather fragrances.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I would like to see what they would come with if they did a gourmand fragrance.

I would love a nice tea fragrance.

Blog Entries

double post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I would like for them to retain Royal Delight.

That said, more leather fragrances.
    They are ending production of royal delight? I didn't hear that. No!

I'd like to see how Creed would do a chocolate note.

Blog Entries

Do they have a male rose based fragrance?
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

A tea fragrance does sound nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie2000 View Post
    Do they have a male rose based fragrance?
    Windsor, and it's one of their all-time best parfumes.

I'd like to see them do a really dry and warm spice fragrance, maybe something with lots of black pepper. Not the usual cinnamon and ginger spice but really "dry" spices
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by autumngleeman View Post
    Windsor, and it's one of their all-time best parfumes.
    Ah yes...too rich for my blood
    How about an affordable Rose Scent? haha
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Banned
    Blog Entries

How about a nice traditional fougere with plenty of coumarin and a nice dose of pine in the top notes? Something along the lines of Tsar, only of Creed quality.

A woody chypre.

Honestly. I would like to see something in the masculine line of Bois du Portugal and Baie de Genièvre or anothher green scent that will build up on Fuelle Verte.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

I think everyone would like for them to make an attempt at a gourmand

I could see Creed doing a nice tea scent too right down to the metal tea caddy containing the tea. Thinking about your pumpkin idea how about something like pumpkin spice in the mode of orange spice but with pumpkin instead of oranges.
    Personally I would like to see them create a nice straight up amber.

Aventus Extreme!

Re-release Vetiver '48.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
    Thinking about your pumpkin idea how about something like pumpkin spice in the mode of orange spice but with pumpkin instead of oranges.
    hadn't thought about that. that could be one approach. Somehow I would want to throw in woods still (I don't recall the notes for orange spice anymore, just the experience). A maple/pumpkin spice/candlewax thing has been in my imagination for awhile actually now. I'm obssessed with the idea. It's funny, I can see it done in slightly different ways according to the style of different houses, e.g. Amouage would do it oriental style, CdG literally and with artistic flair (and with incense), etc. The idea of this with the Creed Ambergris signature base intrigues me most.

Blog Entries

I could see Creed doing a nice tea scent too right down to the metal tea caddy containing the tea.
    And I agree i think the tea idea is actually a plausible one that Creed could do at some point in the future.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    I think everyone would like for them to make an attempt at a gourmand

Perhaps everyone, except me. Enough with gourmands already. That's just my feeling on this one. But if they released a good one, I would not be averse to trying it and giving it a fair shake.

I could see Creed doing a nice tea scent too right down to the metal tea caddy containing the tea. Thinking about your pumpkin idea how about something like pumpkin spice in the mode of orange spice but with pumpkin instead of oranges.
    Personally I would like to see them create a nice straight up amber.

This "Pumpkin Spice" idea I could really get behind. However, I would prefer if civet (or some synthetic civet) played a central role as in Orange Spice. "Pumpkin Spice" with obvious Orange Spice origins would be intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Aventus Extreme!

Re-release Vetiver '48.

Yes to both of these. Especially Vetiver because I have yet to try it, and blame the whole Creed vaulting business for that. Stop vaulting the good stuff, Creed! Your vetiver sounds amazing and I'm deprived over here!

What I'd most like them to do next is give us back our beloved Green Valley.

Banned

I want them to do something completely original, innovative, and trend-setting.

(i.e. I want the next Aventus)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post

Yes to both of these. Especially Vetiver because I have yet to try it, and blame the whole Creed vaulting business for that. Stop vaulting the good stuff, Creed! Your vetiver sounds amazing and I'm deprived over here!
    the creed boutique carries it guys. Did I miss out on some news about them discontinuing it and what they sell at creedboutique is just the left over stock? I just wore a sample last night coincidentally. I will be purchasing from the creed boutique soon, especially if it's been discontinued.

Banned

the creed boutique carries it guys. Did I miss out on some news about them discontinuing it and what they sell at creedboutique is just the left over stock?
    you can't find Vetiver '48 anywhere. it's been that way for over a year now. why it's still on the CreedBoutique website, I have no idea... it's said "temporarily out of stock" forever now.

Blog Entries

maybe they don't sell it nevermind. there is a picture and a price listing but no way to actually put it into your cart.

Blog Entries

It's that way too with royal delight now I see damn IT... I wasn't posting for a few years and started up again a few months ago. this is news for me. and here i've been all self-satisfied with my bottle and complacent about resupplying myself with a backup.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 23rd February 2012 at 12:28 AM.

I would like them to call me up and say, "We've been thinking about this, and you are our favorite customer. We'd like to make a bespoke fragrance for you at no charge. Oh, and we'll give you whatever you want from the rest of our collection, too."

Is that too much? Well, you asked.

Yes Royal Delight was last made in 2008 according to Luis at the Creed boutique. I bought a bottle from him last February and there were only two bottles left on the shelf at that time. It's one of the most unique and powerful creeds I own. What a shame they discontinued it..

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    you can't find Vetiver '48 anywhere. it's been that way for over a year now. why it's still on the CreedBoutique website, I have no idea... it's said "temporarily out of stock" forever now.
    Just like Royal Delight, the last batch of 48 was made in 2008. I was able to get a bottle from perfumerie nasreen last year and another one from a well respected basenoter. As far as vetiver scents go, it blows all of them out of the water IMO. I am not liking that creed is discontinuing all their classics. Royal English Leather, Orange Spice, and Santal imperial are now on the "endangered" list according to a extremely reliable source.

Getting back on topic, I would like to see what Creed can do with a gourmand..

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I am not liking that creed is discontinuing all their classics. Royal English Leather, Orange Spice, and Santal imperial are now on the "endangered" list according to a extremely reliable source.
    The "gray caps" at large - you can still find them online at good prices. Buy now. An endangered species. Superior investment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    When I was looking for a backup bottle of Vetiver 48, they had a couple left at a Holt Refrew in Canada, shipping wasn't too bad either(to U.S.), they also had a couple at one of the Saks in Connecticut, that's where I got mine, and that was in December '11, also Perfumerie Nasreen had some as well as a few other gray caps, but from my experience with them, I'm concerned as to how they store some of their older shelved perfumes, YMMV.

I've seen several online sites that still show to have the Royal Delight. Seek and ye shall still find.

Parfumsraffy.com still has it, but it's full price. You should be able to find it at the usual discounted prices online.

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/royaldelight.html

What would I like next from Creed? How about a poor man's Windsor? Speaking of gin....something with gin and light woods would be nice.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 23rd February 2012 at 01:35 AM.

Royal delight is a powerhouse, I still have 3 quarters of a bottle left I bought from the boutique last year. 2 sprays and it's still there 15 hours later!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post

YES! If they brought Green Valley back into production I'd be buying a bottle every six months though. I'd be broke pretty quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I've seen several online sites that still show to have the Royal Delight. Seek and ye shall still find.

Parfumsraffy.com still has it, but it's full price. You should be able to find it at the usual discounted prices online.

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/royaldelight.html

What would I like next from Creed? How about a poor man's Windsor? Speaking of gin....something with gin and light woods would be nice.
    Ahhhhh hell yes I didn't check parfumsraffy, Thanks! I'll have to be getting a bottle or two of backup juice.

I've purchased Green Valley and Royal Delight online recently - nice, full-size bottles - both at good prices, and both arrived in great condition. I'm guessing there are still great deals out there. Jump on them. You won't regret these purchases. Among the safest bets in terms of collectibility. Green Valley is particularly wearable, especially in spring and summer months. Royal Delight is fine stuff, but it's on the bold side. More for very cold weather, IMO.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'm a fan of tea notes so I'll go along with OP's idea. Perhaps throw in a berry or two while at it for a light, summery tea infusion and balance it out with some greens & dry woods/cinnamon bark.

A masculine gourmand would be interesting. Im sure they would do it very well. As for tea, L'artisans tea for two is all the tea I desire. I cant see tea done better. Incense maybe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    A masculine gourmand would be interesting. Im sure they would do it very well. As for tea, L'artisans tea for two is all the tea I desire. I cant see tea done better. Incense maybe?
    That's the thing though, creed is adverse to incense. To my knowledge they have never used it (leaving out rare creeds like bay vetiver, scent of oghr and others I have seen from time to time that I have never tried). Not recently THAT is for sure. Then again, they never used oud, then came royal oud. But there is no precedent however.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 23rd February 2012 at 05:36 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie2000 View Post
    Ah yes...too rich for my blood
    How about an affordable Rose Scent? haha
    Fleurs de Bulgarie ...

That's the thing though, creed is adverse to incense. To my knowledge they have never used it (leaving out rare creeds like bay vetiver, scent of oghr and others I have seen from time to time that I have never tried). Not recently THAT is for sure. Then again, they never used oud, then came royal oud. But there is no precedent however.
    What about Angelique Encens? It has incense (encens).

Martin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    What about Angelique Encens? It has incense (encens).

Martin
    well you have a point there. I was only thinking of men's frags.

Silver Mountain Water is already a mega-tea scent to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    ^^ Well said, that man!
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    ^^ Well said, that man!
    And well said, that man...^^
    Last edited by morrison74; 23rd February 2012 at 12:46 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Dependent

Like what the others mentioned, a good gourmand or tea scent would be nice to see! i mean smell
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Sur la Plage

An oud fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    And well said that man...^^
    What those 3 gentlemen said, was well said.

A second idea: I have always wanted a good spiced pumpkin note frag. Done literally, it would probably fail, but with Creed's "this-wasn't-meant-to-be-accurate-but-rather-merely-inspired-by" approach, maybe Erwin could pull it off.
    Have you tried ELdO Like This and Rochas Alchimie yet?