Code of Conduct

Default Animale Animale... is this weird?

I don't have a lot of fragrances, I probably have around 15 full bottles and about 50 samples. Is it weird that Animale Animale is one of my favorite fragrances? I've smelled some legends like Musc Ravageur, Egoiste, M7, etc. and I prefer Animale Animale over Egoiste and M7. I know that probably sounds crazy, but for $15, this is definitely the best cologne purchase I have ever made. Projection is decent and longevity is very good on my skin. Animale Animale, Platinum Egoiste, and Musc Ravageur will definitely be staples in my collection forever.

Default Re: Animale Animale... is this weird?

Nope, I bought it blind and love it. Forget those overpriced A*Men flankers, this is all I need for now. They don't even have to update that ugly bottle because they would probably update the price as well.

Personally I think you have good taste

I think it's an awesome scent. Sweetened sun dried tobacco with a heavy smash of tonka beans.
    0% Snobbery - 100% honesty

Its a seriously interesting fragrance, I like it, but not enough to keep it. I will revisit it later though!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    I don't have a lot of fragrances, I probably have around 15 full bottles and about 50 samples. Is it weird that Animale Animale is one of my favorite fragrances?
    Absolutely not.

Nothing wrong with liking it.

for swap/sale:

Far far from weird. What you have found is a Diamond In The Rough and you have also found that a great frag doesn't have to cost $250 bucks. Sometimes it's simply hard to accept that a great one can only cost $20 bucks or maybe less. ENJOY !!!!!

Not wierd at all. Tons of absolute steals and classics out there that are overlooked (by the public and by BN) simply because of tacky packaging, risque ad campaigns, offputting topnotes, suspiciously low prices.....

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Not wierd at all. Tons of absolute steals and classics out there that are overlooked (by the public and by BN) simply because of tacky packaging, risque ad campaigns, offputting topnotes, suspiciously low prices.....
    Couldn┤t agree more... some of my cheapies ( Swiss Army, Wings, Everlast 1910) sometimes gets me more compliments than my more expensive fragrances. I say more power to the cheapies!

Although some people actually believe that wearing a $ 20-30 fragrance is some kind of insult and god forbid them for wearing such inexpensive fragrance... oh the shame...
    Last edited by _Enigma_; 25th February 2012 at 04:19 AM.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

^Totally. Bowling Green, Bogart Pour Homme, Al Rehab Silver, all super cheap and awesome. Even Eav Des Bavx is very inexpensive and better than 99% of uber expensive niche woody gourmands. I, for one, like to judge fragrance subjectively, but price and value in relation to composition quality and apparent ingredient quality is always a factor I can never take out of my equation in the end.

Hey OP....what are your thaughts on another strong, gourmand cheapie.....Bogart Pour Homme ?? Animale being a masculine chocolate/cocoa gourmand, much smoother and classier than A*Men or Rochas despite being much cheaper....do you think Bogart or any other inexpensive gourmands can compare to Animale for value and smoothness/class ?

And how do you feel about the gourmand tobacco scents in general ? do you have any you like near as much as Animale Animale ?
    Last edited by DULLAH; 25th February 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

not weird at all. Nautica voyage is one of my favs and its also very cheap

Are talking about Animale Animale for Men or for Women?

Men
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

There is nothing wrong with this scent being Your favorite!!!
    Gary

You are confusing the concept of cheap scents.
    There are scents that are made cheaply, and sold cheaply, and have been cheap from day one - and they usually don't smell all that compllex, are fairly linear, and smell pretty cheap too

Then there are numerous scents that started off expensive many years ago, but which are going very cheap now. Regardless, they are still complex, good scents - Animale Animale is one of them, the male chocolate scent that came out a year before A*men.

Quite frankly, I can think of several score niche scents that I don't think are anywhere near as good as Animale Animale, and quite a few dozen designer ones too.
    Regards,
    Renato