Code of Conduct

Default i haven't heard about creed bois du portugal on these boards for the longest time!

discontinued? raised to limited edition status? what?

Default Re: i haven't heard about creed bois du portugal on these boards for the longest time!

You can still find this pnlibe, but Im not sure if it has been discontinued, maybe someone else would know.

Default Re: i haven't heard about creed bois du portugal on these boards for the longest time!

I cannot see them discontinuing this one as its a old school classic. And it's still been sold on their website amongst their mens range: http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pro...rances-for-men.

I guess its just not as popular as other fragrances at this moment in time.

I own it and IMO is really not a big deal, I've failed to understand the fuss around it.

Same here tbh

Recently got one of the 4oz bottles to replace my 2.5 bottle. Love the stuff.

Blog Entries

I am a huge Creed fan but I do not get the hype on this one.
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

I thought Frank Sinatra was the last guy who wore the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Post of the week!

I like it, but it seems a bit stuffy. Doesn't seem as smooth as other Creed's

Irrespective of discussion ratio or any discontinuation rumors still one of my faves

Banned

great for winter's night. sits on my shelf unused the rest of the year. but definitely a great great frag.

Love the top-notes. Not a fan of the dry-down.. I have it in my collection, but seldom use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mayborne View Post
    Sometimes we get tired talking about the same things over and over and over again...

Absolutely not discontinued. I bought a bottle from creed only 3 weeks ago and its as potent as ever. Love it.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

I like it a lot, although I think the bottle I got may have run down... :-(
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Banned
    Blog Entries

for whatever reason it reminds me too much of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur. which I happen to prefer, and that's a good thing, given how much less it costs me to wear the Cardin. BdP is a nice one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    bahaha no it was kevin costner!

iv never tried it tho so no idea if it is good or bad but it used to be mentioned alot.

The OP is right, though - Bois du Portugal was the toast of the town just a couple of years ago. Funny how it seems to have completely disappeared.

Come to think of it, where's all the Terre d'Hermes love? Terre d'Hermes still seems to appear on a lot of peoples' favorites lists, but the number of "I'd sell my grandmother for a bottle of Terre d'Hermes" threads seems markedly reduced.

This is my power fragrance. I wear it when I want to be sexy and intimidating at the same time. It is gorgeous and atavistic and so quintessentially masculine.
    When I was making the decision to purchase a full bottle, it came down to a choice between BdP and Invasion Barbare. BdP just seemed more genteel and rounded, and I have not regretted that purchase ever.

Great scent
    just have to wear it at the right time
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Yeah, I bought a decant back in aught-9, as we used to say in the old days. It's good old fashioned stuff, and interesting with the sneaky jasmine, but man is it strong.

Love it, so much better than the fruity, watery, more recent stuff I can't seem to tell apart. Certainly a powerful classic, lasts forever.

when did they start making 4oz bottle of bois du portugal?

eric b

I wore this recently after a long time and I still love it. I need to start wearing it more. It is very strong and lasts forever. Great stuff.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Basenotes has fads... Five years ago this seemed to be on everyone's top ten. Now? ...

A total classic, but not an everyday frag or as versatile as others for me.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Basenotes has fads... Five years ago this seemed to be on everyone's top ten. Now? ...
    Anything oud it appears... Though when I stopped posting 4 years ago that trend seemed to be starting.

Basenotes Member

I could be wrong, but compared to GIT, Aventus, and MI (in that order), the hype surrounding BDP is almost non-existent. So, I would say it's good for the hype it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMâle View Post
    Anything oud it appears... Though when I stopped posting 4 years ago that trend seemed to be starting.
    Also, Amouage. Amouage has been around for decades, but it was almost never mentioned back in '07. I think 2010 was the year Amouage really exploded into everyone's favorite lists.

That was before Aventus came out...that probably occupies the 'Creed slot' in many collections.

Quote Originally Posted by mayborne View Post
    It's at Neimans where I'm at

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post
    Come to think of it, where's all the Terre d'Hermes love? Terre d'Hermes still seems to appear on a lot of peoples' favorites lists, but the number of "I'd sell my grandmother for a bottle of Terre d'Hermes" threads seems markedly reduced.
    TdH smells great, but it disappears completely from my skin and clothing after 15 mins or so. Then I read people praising it's longevity. It's a mystery. Yes I've tried different bottles, but still it's just there then gone in a flash.

I like it, but I prefer PdN New York more

...one cannot be silent enough about this brand...!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ahpucha View Post
    I could be wrong, but compared to GIT, Aventus, and MI (in that order), the hype surrounding BDP is almost non-existent. So, I would say it's good for the hype it gets.
    i think that is because GIT and MI are far more versatile, both in wearability and age-profile.

BdP is as good as GIT and MI (if not better), but most guys under 40 balk at it because it smells so "mature". that, and it's suited for cooler weather/months, unlike GIT and MI which can both be worn year-round.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    is it necessary for you to go into every thread about CREED and make a worthless comment like this?

you don't like CREED, we get it, now move on....

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    is it necessary for you to go into every thread about CREED and make a worthless comment like this?

you don't like CREED, we get it, now move on....
    ...as far as I understand everybody here is free to react on every possible thread. You like Creed; I don't...does that make your comment less worthless than mine...?

Banned

...as far as I understand everybody here is free to react on every possible thread. You like Creed; I don't...does that make your comment less worthless than mine...?
    as it pertains to a thread, yes, my comment is more useful than yours because I was responding to the topic at hand.

if you have something to say (negative or not) about Bois du Portugal, knock yourself out. But you continue to go into threads about specific fragrances to bash the Creed house in general with broad and obtuse comments.

one Addict was enough. Mazeltov!

maybe you can put in your signature how much you hate Creed. that way everyone can see it and you can save yourself the effort of clicking on threads you know you are uninterested in just to spread your haterade.

kthanxbai.

Also, Amouage. Amouage has been around for decades, but it was almost never mentioned back in '07. I think 2010 was the year Amouage really exploded into everyone's favorite lists.
    were the purchased by a huge luxury conglomerate?

stuff like acqua di parma never used to reach my shores but i believe the tod's ceo bought the brand which might explain the availability now..

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    This is my power fragrance. I wear it when I want to be sexy and intimidating at the same time. It is gorgeous and atavistic and so quintessentially masculine.
    When I was making the decision to purchase a full bottle, it came down to a choice between BdP and Invasion Barbare. BdP just seemed more genteel and rounded, and I have not regretted that purchase ever.
    perhaps we need more boardroom frags too coz this is where i seemed to have always spotted it being the number 1 choice.

Hee hee!

I just wanted to send some love to BdP. I think it's one of the best Creeds (along with GIT, BdG, and REL).