Code of Conduct

Default How much juice inside Allure Sport/Edition Blanche?

Well it isn't the most important thing but something that bothers me

I wanna find out how much juice is left inside these two bottles. I really can't tell how much is in there. All I know is that it's more than half full, judging by the weight, and that's all. I wanna use them accordingly, or sell them accordingly.

Anyone know a way to tell?

Default Re: How much juice inside Allure Sport/Edition Blanche?

Ideally you would need a bottle of Chanel Allure Homme, the original clear bottle, of the same size, to use as a guide. Weigh it, weigh the opaque bottle then subtract and you are left with the weight of your bottle you are wanting to sell then you work the weight out as a percentage. I would also suggest removing the caps before you do this as the Allure Sport and Edition Blanche caps are heavier than the original one. I.e. if you had a half full 50ml Chanel Allure and your Allure sport was 25% heavier then you could be almost certain that there is 25% more juice.

This would be my only suggestion. I did the same with Creed bottles to find out how much Himalaya I had left.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

^^^Get the weight in grams and subtract. 1 ml=1 gram
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Put the bottles in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes--enough to get the juice chilled. Take the bottles out, put them in a slightly humid atmosphere. At first, condensation will cover the whole bottle. Wipe them down, and watch as the bottles return to room temperature. The cooler juice will continue to form condensation, while the upper part of the bottle will be closer to room temperature, so it will not form condensation. The line of condensation on the bottle will tell you the level of the juice.

Good call tsuzumi
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

great idea
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

You know what, that's a good idea. Let us know if that works out

Could never have come up with a solution like that. Great idea.

good 1 !!!!!

Thanks tsuzumi, it does work. I put both the bottles in the fridge for about 30 min and took em out and put em on the desk. After about 10 min there was nice line just above the 'allure' on the bottle, meaning there is about 90% juice left. ... Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by nbanews View Post
    Ideally you'd require a bottle of Chanel Allure Homme, the initial obvious bottle, of the identical size, for helpful information. Weigh it, weigh the opaque bottle then take away and you're simply playing the load of the bottle you're attempting to sell then you definitely work the load out like a percentage. I'd also suggest getting rid of the caps before you decide to do that because the Allure Sport and Edition Blanche caps weigh more compared to original one. I.e. should you have had one half full 50ml Chanel Allure as well as your Allure sport was 25% heavier then you may be almost sure that there's 25% more juice.
    You just copied what Andy said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    Ideally you would need a bottle of Chanel Allure Homme, the original clear bottle, of the same size, to use as a guide. Weigh it, weigh the opaque bottle then subtract and you are left with the weight of your bottle you are wanting to sell then you work the weight out as a percentage. I would also suggest removing the caps before you do this as the Allure Sport and Edition Blanche caps are heavier than the original one. I.e. if you had a half full 50ml Chanel Allure and your Allure sport was 25% heavier then you could be almost certain that there is 25% more juice.

This would be my only suggestion. I did the same with Creed bottles to find out how much Himalaya I had left.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    Put the bottles in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes--enough to get the juice chilled. Take the bottles out, put them in a slightly humid atmosphere. At first, condensation will cover the whole bottle. Wipe them down, and watch as the bottles return to room temperature. The cooler juice will continue to form condensation, while the upper part of the bottle will be closer to room temperature, so it will not form condensation. The line of condensation on the bottle will tell you the level of the juice.
    this is amazing!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Fantastic advice !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    You just copied what Andy said!!!
    That's so strange it made me look up their only other post - and they did the exact same thing there!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/293...t-Profile-quot

Is this some new kind of spam?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    That's so strange it made me look up their only other post - and they did the exact same thing there!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/293...t-Profile-quot

Is this some new kind of spam?
    Looks like it's designed to get somebody to click on the bogus-looking blogs in the profile. Links to those blogs have been spammed to a number of places. The blogs look like throwaways, but they don't look malicious to current antivirus - so if they have any browser exploits, they're pretty fresh. Maybe it's just a pay-for-click operation.

More people being bratty on the interwebs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Could never have come up with a solution like that. Great idea.
    Yes - this is beautifully direct! It's an example of measuring almost exactly what you want to measure - the transition between the top of the fragrance and the vapor above it. What's wild is that all of us who refrigerate frags have seen this phenomenon, but I've never seen anybody connect it with this problem, nor did it ever occur to me, as I wiped off condensation dozens of times!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Looks like it's designed to get somebody to click on the bogus-looking blogs in the profile. Links to those blogs have been spammed to a number of places. The blogs look like throwaways, but they don't look malicious to current antivirus - so if they have any browser exploits, they're pretty fresh. Maybe it's just a pay-for-click operation.

More people being bratty on the interwebs.
    Very interesting, Redneck. A different sort of spammer than we usually see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Very interesting, Redneck. A different sort of spammer than we usually see.
    Yes - always something new with these guys. At least it's not heavy machinery advertising getting dropped in the Female Fragrance Discussion forum!

There were some schemes a while back that made artificial, semi-on-topic, n00b posts - those had spam links in either the signature or the user's homepage listed in the profile. It looks like the spammers have pushed the camouflage technology a bit further, by taking a post and massaging it gently with synonyms. On a lightly traveled forum, it would probably go without discussion, but readers are pretty connected here, and it's more humorous.

I'm always on the lookout for programming techniques - that's why I take a rather light-hearted interest in these things. I find the malicious use disappointing, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that all things can be turned to good!

Anyway, back on topic, I would really like to hear how this new method of determining juice levels works for people. Nothing like reproducibility to make something solid. I have a feeling this could be the absolute best method for opaque bottles without paper labels.

Whoa! You are very bright.

Thanks, bugsy! But I discovered that this method has some limitations! I tried it with a bottle of Black Jeans. The bottle is very uneven in thickness, with heavy embossed decorations on it. The glass warms up unevenly, so I never got a clear reading with this bottle.

Thanks, bugsy! But I discovered that this method has some limitations! I tried it with a bottle of Black Jeans. The bottle is very uneven in thickness, with heavy embossed decorations on it. The glass warms up unevenly, so I never got a clear reading with this bottle.
    Unfortunately I have made the same discovery with my white bottle of Silver Mountain Water by CREED...the material doesn't attract condensation. I was about to do a search on basenotes now, do you have any recommendations?

You can shine a bright light through it, you might think it's completely opaque but it's not. I've checked those before like this with my iphone light.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It's amazing how certain people come up with such great ideas. It never would have dawned on me to test out a bottle that way. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    You can shine a bright light through it, you might think it's completely opaque but it's not. I've checked those before like this with my iphone light.
    YES! I love you man!