Code of Conduct

Default My New Favorite Vetiver: Le Labo Vetiver 46

I went to Le Labo to try Rose 31, since it seems to be a Basenotes favorite, but I went away a little disappointed because I didn't get enough of the cumin notes; the top and mid notes remind me of the light, effervescent Stella that I already have.

However, I got to sample the other fragrances as well, and as a vetiver fan, I went straight for Vetiver 46, and it was love at first sniff. This is another take on vetiver that is closer to the orientals like Vetiver Tonker, Vetiver Oriental and Flat Electrician. But the vetiver note itself seems pretty unique, unlike the herbally rooty Route du Vetiver or the green notes like Vetiver pour Elle; it's vetiver that's tempered by spices and gaiac wood.

I got excited and I came back to Basenotes to see the comments people have about it and people talked about how it's very much like CdG2 Man. I'm happy for a cheaper alternative, so I went to give that a try too. And what do you know... it does smell very similar to Vetiver 46! However, Vetiver 46 has a sweeter vanilla dry down that made it a warmer and smoother scent than CdG2 Man, but it's not too sweet, like Vetiver Tonker. I'm generally pretty partial to sweet scents, so I prefer Vetiver 46 to CdG2 Man.

For rooty vetiver lovers, you guys might not like it too much, since the basic vetiver note isn't that recognizable, but I still recognize the signature and it's now my favorite vetiver! For now at least...

Default Re: My New Favorite Vetiver: Le Labo Vetiver 46

Smokey and peppery I like as well.

Despite its strong resemblance to CDG2Man, it's still a pretty darn good fragrance but I more get it as an incense, than a proper vetiver. Glad you liked it, though.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It is indeed excellent, I find it holds a lot of similarities to Rose 31, since they share a lot of the same notes. Only V46 is amplified to steroidal proportions!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Despite its strong resemblance to CDG2Man, it's still a pretty darn good fragrance but I more get it as an incense, than a proper vetiver. Glad you liked it, though.
    Yeah, I was debating which one to get, and the smoother Le Labo won out. CdG2Man is more transparent and still a really good fragrance.... oooh, maybe I should get it as well :P

here!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Sur la Plage

Despite its strong resemblance to CDG2Man, it's still a pretty darn good fragrance but I more get it as an incense, than a proper vetiver.
    Exactly.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My New Favorite Fruit: Steak

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Exactly.
    I must try it! You will ruin me

Quote Originally Posted by grauzone View Post
    I must try it! You will ruin me
    Do yourself a favour: try CDG2Man (if you haven't already)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Already! I love it, planned purchase. I wait to have finishing my 30ml of Gucci Pour Homme.

Nailed it.