Code of Conduct

Default Between The Dreamer, Guerlain's Vetiver, Joop Homme, and Dior Homme I went with

Dior Homme. Man that was a tough ass decision. The one I didn't like was Guerlain's vetiver but I'm sure I could probably grow to like it. The Dreamer smelled surreal for only 40 dollars, was a damn steal, and Joop Homme had a note that made me feel giddy just thinking about it, it just screamed sexy to me.

Why did I pick Dior Homme? I guess I wanted to go with something more subtle, versatile, and elegant. It evokes the image of a classy man in a well-dressed suit, but in practicality I think I'd be able to use it for everyday use.

I can't seem to find any difference between DH, and DHI. Maybe it's because my memory faded for the DHI I tested, but they both seem to have the same longevity for me. Either way, I didn't care THAT much for DHI when I got my sample, but when I tried DH a few days ago, it just 'clicked' and I smiled and thought to myself "This is definitely for me".

A nice change of pace from the powerhouses I usually wear, great, comforting scent.

Default Re: Between The Dreamer, Guerlain's Vetiver, Joop Homme, and Dior Homme I went with

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    Dior Homme. Man that was a tough ass decision. The one I didn't like was Guerlain's vetiver but I'm sure I could probably grow to like it. The Dreamer smelled surreal for only 40 dollars, was a damn steal, and Joop Homme had a note that made me feel giddy just thinking about it, it just screamed sexy to me.

Why did I pick Dior Homme? I guess I wanted to go with something more subtle, versatile, and elegant. It evokes the image of a classy man in a well-dressed suit, but in practicality I think I'd be able to use it for everyday use.

I can't seem to find any difference between DH, and DHI. Maybe it's because my memory faded for the DHI I tested, but they both seem to have the same longevity for me. Either way, I didn't care THAT much for DHI when I got my sample, but when I tried DH a few days ago, it just 'clicked' and I smiled and thought to myself "This is definitely for me".

A nice change of pace from the powerhouses I usually wear, great, comforting scent.
    Why should you have to grow to like a fragrance? Guerlain's Vetiver is dated, the majority of people (at least around my age) don't care for it ...but if you don't mind smelling dated then that's fine

I found Dior Homme (vintage) to be a little bit too feminine, but I might try it again and see what the new formulation is like.

Default Re: Between The Dreamer, Guerlain's Vetiver, Joop Homme, and Dior Homme I went with

You picked the best of the bunch. For what it's worth, I prefer the original over DHI.

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    Why should you have to grow to like a fragrance? Guerlain's Vetiver is dated, the majority of people (at least around my age) don't care for it ...but if you don't mind smelling dated then that's fine

I found Dior Homme (vintage) to be a little bit too feminine, but I might try it again and see what the new formulation is like.
    Guerlain Vetiver is not dated, it is one of the best vetivers you can find out there

Sur la Plage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I wore The Dreamer yesterday, forgot how good it is. It's gotta be one of, if not the best bang-for-buck fragrances out there.

Sprayed around 18 hours ago and can still smell it on my hand.

Very good choice.

Out of the 2 good options (I don't know the Joop!) you chose the feminine path. Well done!

Good StuFFFFFFFFFF; I Love too Guerlain Vetiver but Dior Homme is a wonderFuL fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    Guerlain Vetiver is not dated, it is one of the best vetivers you can find out there
    Well it's all subjective isn't it, but to the vast majority of people under the age of 40 Guerlain's Vetiver will smell dated.

Good choice and a classy frag.

Good choice.

Now get out there and test some more and make another good choice !!!

Dependent

Excellent choice! One of my fav and i think will love it for yearssss hahaha
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

You made a good choice IMO.

I also would have picked DH, then Dreamer, Joop, GV. I also prefer DH over DHI.

I think your choice was the bestest.

oh no...you should have went with...no you chose right

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    Well it's all subjective isn't it, but to the vast majority of people under the age of 40 Guerlain's Vetiver will smell dated.
    I'm 28 and I wear it with no problem

You certainly made a great choice. The more I wear Dior Homme the more it grows in my estimation. I'm a far ways now from my first off-putting experience with it when all I got was the association with makeup and lipstick. Now it's easily one of my favorite fragrances ever. When I wear it, it makes me happy throughout the entire day. I hope you enjoy it!

DH is great fragrance but last on me 2 hours max

Some day I would consider getting all of these choices, including Guerlain's Vetiver.

I thought it was dated smelling as well early in my fragrance journey. Over time as my nose matured, I came to appreciate it and now adore it. Don't give up on it. Maybe give it a year and re-visit it and you might appreciate it as the classic it is. Tastes will inevitably change over time
    Last edited by Riley; 25th February 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Out of these, I would most likely take any, excepting Joop Homme and, much less likely, DH