Code of Conduct

Default Is this a vintage bottle of Hermès Équipage?

Hello everybody,

I was hoping if someone could tell me anything about this bottle of Hermès Équipage I've just bought off eBay. It looks like a vintage bottle, however, a google image search reveals a slightly different design.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by ajphillips; 25th February 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added second image

Default Re: Is this a vintage bottle of Hermès Équipage?

...it is certainly not the nowadays bottle...!

Double vintage.

Pretty old!

"aerospray" : fancy way to call a natural spray. Eau de toilette, bottle size and cap confirm (for me) a bottle produced by mid-eighties. Masculine eau de toilette were rarely sold as sprays before 1980.

Basenotes Plus

Hello -

I definitely believe it to be vintage and concur with other Basenoters. How does it smell?

Please give us a review of this bottle here in the thread...just curious and would love to hear your thoughts!

Enjoy the fragrance - cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by ajphillips View Post
    Hello everybody,

I was hoping if someone could tell me anything about this bottle of Hermès Équipage I've just bought off eBay. It looks like a vintage bottle, however, a google image search reveals a slightly different design.

What do you guys think?

“Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Basenotes Plus

Hello ajphillips -

I definitely believe it to be not just vintage, but original formula (most likely!) and concur with other Basenoters. How does it smell??

Please give us a review of this bottle here in the thread...just curious and would love to hear your thoughts!

Enjoy the fragrance - cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by ajphillips View Post
    Hello everybody,

What do you guys think?

“Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

It is definitely prior to 1992 because starting in that year the word 'eau de toilette' was removed from above and was placed below the word 'EQUIPAGE'.
    But this bottle is probably even older than 1985 since that's the year when the cap plastic color was changed into a darker shade of brown than this.

Basenotes Plus

Balthazar -

Good points...subtleties. Sorry for the double-post everyone, but after doing a minute more of research, I believe this could be the Original Vintage formulation of Equipage in the first "aerospray"/atomizer bottling by Hermes. A guess - as I am not an expert, but I have researched this some.

However, even if it isn't and this is early 80's - I am just wondering how it smells.

A beautiful flacon, no doubt, but it is the quality of the juice inside that is the essence of what "fragrance" is. Otherwise, we would all be buying empty bottles and showing them off. ;-)

Would love to hear more about it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    It is definitely prior to 1992 because starting in that year the word 'eau de toilette' was removed from above and was placed below the word 'EQUIPAGE'.
    But this bottle is probably even older than 1985 since that's the year when the cap plastic color was changed into a darker shade of brown than this.