Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Dissatisfaction with Himalaya

Hi all,

Maybe this post belongs in male fragrance but there's an amateur element to it so hear me out...

I bought a 30ml Creed Himalaya from strawberrynet a couple of months ago. The scent is good - at least the top notes and some of the heart - but it's gone completely in an hour. And by an hour, I mean 60 minutes, not a short period of time. I can spray myself like I'm obsessed and yet by the time I get to the office it's gone. There's no drydown to enjoy and the whole thing is incredibly frustrating!

So my question is: Is it possible I got a really bad batch? Could the batch make that much of a difference? Is it more likely that the frag clashes with my natural scent and so I should just give up on it? I'd like to think that if I got another bottle the problem would be sorted. Problem is I'm not a gambling man.

Thanks

Oliver

Default Re: Dissatisfaction with Himalaya

Had you tried it before buying it, and did it last then? And are you sure you're not just getting olfactory fatigue--that is, if you spray like you're obsessed and then go to the office, can other people smell it?

I just ask because a woman who used to work next to me always thought her perfume had vanished, but every morning we could smell her before we could see her as she arrived. She'd then reapply several times throughout the day. Not so cool.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You may be getting olfactory fatigue here. Creeds are notorious for that. Can you tell me the batch code on the back/bottom of your bottle (or maybe it's only on the bottom)?

Just to play safe I'd probably move on to something else.

Basenotes Member

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure it's not olfactory fatigue as I asked a rather attractive female colleague if she could smell my new fragrance. Only when her nose was touching my wrist could she smell it and even then she didn't seem very convincing.

Unfortunately this was the bottle that taught me to wear a scent before buying it. I had only sampled it on a card :/

Batch no. is LOT CJ02T07

Thanks for your comments

Blog Entries

If you like the fragrance, you should check out Paco XS.

Basenotes Member

I have XS. I agree it's similar but it's definitely missing something in my opinion.

Basenotes Member

Hmm... I this (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...mbers...SOLVED) is true then my bottle was produced in 2007. It was sold to me in 2012. Could that be the reason for such poor longevity?

Himalaya is one of the longest lasting Creeds I own. My 2010 batch lasts 8+ hours on me and projects very strongly for the first 2-3 hours. I think it's safe to say you got a bad batch, especially if it's 5 years old. Try sending it back for a refund and buy Paco Robanne XS instead. It smells just like Himalaya b/c Creed copied it.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned
    Blog Entries

Could be the bottle is a little stale if it wasn't stored in ideal conditions at whatever warehouse.

Basenotes Member

Update: I emailed strawberrynet stating that I understood I could not return the bottle because the 14 day returns period had passed, but that I was unhappy with being sold such an old bottle. They replied almost immediately offering as a gesture of goodwill a 50% refund, which I accepted. They have already refunded the money to my card as opposed to giving me store credit of what have you. I'm happy with that outcome.