Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: How to built a Chypre ( Mitsouko direction) accord.

The taste of Perfumers is only one of the reasons for the ingredients used by different Fragrance Houses. If an item is shown to be too expensive, not used enough, or unnecessary as it can be replaced, it will be dropped. Remember Fragrance Houses are there to make money. I found the few deterpinated citrus oils I used to be heavier and not so toppy. I do not remember them lasting for such a long time, although they did last longer than the straight oils. Not so strong though. I think the reason for not using them is that the ordinary oil is so much cheaper, and that the chill and filter technique seems to work as well.

Jamie Frater

Default Re: How to built a Chypre ( Mitsouko direction) accord.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    The taste of Perfumers is only one of the reasons for the ingredients used by different Fragrance Houses. If an item is shown to be too expensive, not used enough, or unnecessary as it can be replaced, it will be dropped. Remember Fragrance Houses are there to make money. I found the few deterpinated citrus oils I used to be heavier and not so toppy. I do not remember them lasting for such a long time, although they did last longer than the straight oils. Not so strong though. I think the reason for not using them is that the ordinary oil is so much cheaper, and that the chill and filter technique seems to work as well.
    Ah okay. I am very interested to see what they are like when my order arrives.
    Currently wearing: Chypre de Coty by Coty