Code of Conduct

Default which ormonde jayne women's fragrance is the most versatile?

you know, day to night, office to party, all around "smells great!" fragrance?

i know they're all quite original (i love Champaca, though i find Woman a bit too mature for me) but was wondering which would be the best investment in terms of getting the most wear out of it?

Default Re: which ormonde jayne women's fragrance is the most versatile?

The one which fits all occasions imo is Ormonde Woman. Ta'if would be a close second.

Orris Noir, Tolu and Ormonde Man are great all-rounders but only during the fall/winter.

All the white florals are great for any occasion during the summer (Osmanthus, Champaca, Samapaquita, Frangipani).

If you'd like to own more OJ scents then you could also consider buying the purse spray sets together with somebody else (you could use the wiki for that). That's how I purchased 2-2 purse sprays of both Ormonde Woman and Orris Noir.

i'd say her eponimous fragrance - 'WOMAN', followed closely by 'ORRIS NOIR'. but to be honest, i find all her fragrances quite elegant, sophisticated and 'womanly/mature' (i.e. not for girls).

I think Osmanthus is a great scent for first thing in the morning and lifting you in the afternoon and also night time. i know it's billed as the perfect spring scent, and indeed i can smell spring in its top notes, but i love it all year around.
    But Isfarkand would come a very close second. That gorgeous mossy drydown and it's certainly feminie enough even though it's clearly a masculine. It's one of those questions i think about each time I reorder!

Post Thanks / Like

OJ Woman followed by Ta'if -- exactly what bonsai said.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Practically all OJ's florals are versatile and easy to wear ,IMHO. In fact, practically all OJ scents are just versatile, to me. ( Though yes Ormonde Woman can be an acquired taste .)
    I love Ta'if and Frangipani very much .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should get the one you enjoy the most. These scents vary a lot. Personally, the only one I like is Woman. That one is brilliant. The others don't work for me at all.