Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for young doorman?

Hi everyone,
    I'm a 26 year old man working as a doorman for a hip boutique hotel, and I'm looking for a fragrance I could use to work in the summer. The hotel attire is very casual (tight polos, bermudas). There's a club in the hotel and the types of clientel checking in are singles and couples my age group looking for partying. I do a lot of running around also (valet, etc..) and I get hot.

Now sometime I hit on/get hit on by girls but I have no scent? Can you help me out please? I need something that I can wear outside, longtime, young, doesn't mind me running around and still for 5 star hotel?

Thank you so much!

PS: I'm half white half latino, slim build and tall if that changes anything...

Default Re: Fragrance for young doorman?

I heard Bvlgari Extreme is refreshing and good for hotter days, a head turner, with good projection and smells expensive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulakenyo View Post
    I heard Bvlgari Extreme is refreshing and good for hotter days, a head turner, with good projection and smells expensive.
    Yes - I have a friend who is loved by the ladies, and this was always a favorite scent of his. I was going to recommend Bulgari Black as well. It's rather exotic and mod, and both men and women can wear it easily. It might be more of a nighttime fragrance, when it's a bit cooler.

I also think that fougères smell very classy on doormen, but they can project an older image unless it's something fresh on the market.

Something that smells cool and clean (but expensive) would be nice for you when it's hot. Maybe Kenzo Power. It has that cool, powdery thing that Armani Code has, but it's more floral and more unique, too.

Good luck! You have me thinking of vacations already!

PS - Welcome to Basenotes!

Perhaps Noble Vetiver for the evenings. Its woody and sophisticated.

I think Bang would be perfect for the day. Its peppery (but not overwhelmingly) and refreshing.
    I would though keep Bang in your backpack or your locker at work. It may need a couple of top off spritzes in an 8 hour shift.

Welcome to Basenotes.

for swap/sale:

Green Irish Tweed of course

Welcome to BN.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Green Irish Tweed of course

Welcome to BN.
    Seems like a very good option. GIven the environment, I would also consider Terre d'Hermes as it is very versatile and well liked by the majority.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Banned

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo - Initially, one is treated to a biting and sparkling blast of yuzo, somewhere between a grapefruit and a mandarin orange, with its lemon-like tangy and floral aspects. This sharp and bright citrus slowly pairs with ho leaf, which tinges the pseudo-lemon with its spicy and sweet, floral and rosewood overtones, yielding an almost lemon, furniture polish accord, morphing the stark citrus into a luscious smoothness. The refreshing, watery middle beckons. Here, in the heart, the pseudo-lemon is immersed in a bath of lotus flower, with its lovely, water lily greenness with a hint of mint, sharp and fresh ozone notes, as well as refreshful aquatic notes, with its faint, marine and mint accord, and steeps into a soothing lemonade. Pleasant white musk usurps the cool blend into the awaiting base, imparting its sweet and floral facets, and its cohort, green pepper, adds a kiss of earthiness before meandering to the light and airy drydown. A wonderful fragrance to be turned to in the heat of the summer, this fresh and crisp composition is a vibrant, green, lemony and woody scent, and has average longevity and projection. In the sweaty dog days of the summer, you need this!

&

Monsieur Balmain

Welcome!

Vetiver, as suggested by others, is both fresh and long lasting. Examples are Encre Noire and Guerlain Vetiver.

cacio

Try Dior Homme Sport or Chanel Allure Homme Original
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I think Kenzo Power Cologne would be a nice choice. Also, perhaps something from Bulgari ( Pour Homme, Pour Homme Soir...etc).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

How about Lubin-Vetiver. It is very fresh and clean and would be appropriate for the environment you describe.
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Thanks everyone! Amazing forum