Code of Conduct

Default Article: New fragrance : Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême

I think the people in Chanel's marketing department must be placing bets on how ridiculous they can make their perfumes' names before people start to complain. They could've at least gone for something that would've made an interesting acronym.

AHSEE??!

Whell, i have to say:

"The notes sounds promissing"

From a hater of the new Chanel boring line.

Oh God, how lame. Is that all they can do?

Just curious...

But what is lame? What is boring? The name? The notes?

How about actually waiting until the product is officially released before judging anything about it? Judging a product before it's even officially been released is what is "lame" or "boring"

Shame on you M. Polge. You should be bringing this house back into it's once regal state - not cheapening it further with cut-rate crap. Might as well be body spray sold at a discount store.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Oh, I can't wait to hear what my husband makes of this one. His descriptions of what he's wearing crack me up. Mont Blanc is "Mountain Spray". Chanel Bleu is "Blue Channel Spray". L'Occitane is "Ockitan". Paul Smith is "John Paul". And if he hasn't bothered to look too closely at the bottle, he just gives me the colour. E.g. Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme is simply "Black Spray". As he already has Chanel Allure Homme Sport ("Sport Spray"), I'm imagining this new one will be "Extreme Spray". Oh how I love that man!

Default Re: Article: New fragrance : Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Scottish Scent Lover View Post
    Oh, I can't wait to hear what my husband makes of this one. His descriptions of what he's wearing crack me up. Mont Blanc is "Mountain Spray". Chanel Bleu is "Blue Channel Spray". L'Occitane is "Ockitan". Paul Smith is "John Paul". And if he hasn't bothered to look too closely at the bottle, he just gives me the colour. E.g. Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme is simply "Black Spray". As he already has Chanel Allure Homme Sport ("Sport Spray"), I'm imagining this new one will be "Extreme Spray". Oh how I love that man!
    Sounds funny. Gift him with the new SpiceBomb by Viktor and Rolf for more funny results.

Maybe "Bomb Spray" or "Special Bomb" or even "Half Spray"

Ahaha

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Brilliant - I think maybe i should start choosing his aftershaves based on their names. Spicebomb is a definite contender. And what about Green Irish Tweed? Celtic Spray? Gucci Rush for Men - Hurry Up spray? The possibilities are endless. He's an intelligent guy - he just wears what I buy him and doesn't really care what they are. Unless it's something his dad wears. That breaks his one fragrance rule - "I won't wear what dad wears". I could kick myself for buying my father-in-law Givenchy Gentleman for Christmas. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyx93 View Post
    Shame on you M. Polge. You should be bringing this house back into it's once regal state - not cheapening it further with cut-rate crap. Might as well be body spray sold at a discount store.
    Have you tried it yet?

This whole line just needs to take a sabbatical

Well usually I personally don't like it when these companies start to flanker their products to death...its how they make money. However all of the allures has been great so as long as the product is good who cares.

I have smelled it yesterday, unoriginal, boring and mainstream, another waist on perfume industry IMO.
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 4th March 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Hey at least they picked a new color for the bottle so that when you're dealing with some dumbass sales rep who doesn't know all the flankers, you can ask for the one in the black bottle. I'm surprised it's not "Edition Noire".