Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Finally bought Kouros,, yes I am sorry for another Kouros thread

My wife and I had a nice weekend break away in Scotland and I managed to buy 5 new fragrances. Nothing niche sadly. On our way home last night, she finally gave in and allowed me to buy Kouros. She had read the reviews here and had smelt it on a tester stripe. It was a big no no for her.
    I love that she has given in and let me get it, just to shut me up about it

I put on 1 spray to the chest this morning after my shower and lotion and it is beyond powerful. I sat in my office and allowed it to dry down a bit before going near her. Her reaction has changed. She actually finds it rather sexual and raw. This is finally a hit with her and she seems to really like it on me.

She was until today a lover of Versace pour home and Dior Sport on me. The tables have turned and I really enjoy this scent. Very soapy and spicy. Although, I could not imagine how powerful this is beyond 1 spray. Wow is all i can say to the strength.
    I am working from home today, really nervous to see how it works out wearing this one spray in public.

I do not get any of the negative comment smells from this scent. Although on a test strip, I was partially able to pick up a few notes that people were finding less appealing.

Default Re: Finally bought Kouros,, yes I am sorry for another Kouros thread

Spray that chest 6 times and go out my friend, its not a crime to smell good.

Also, your night will be amazing with the last smells of Kouros and the new smells of you and your wife mixed together.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's a musky fougere, and a darn good one at that. It's truly a classy scent. People get hung up on the civet far too much.

1 spray of Kouros = Decent
    2 sprays = Someone will say OHHH SHT!!!
    3 sprays = Quick way to break up a relationship
    4 sprays = Will cause eyes to water
    5 sprays = Skunks run from you!
    6 sprays = you will get you slapped repeatedly by random people
    7 sprays = You > Bear Pepper Spray
    8 sprays = Will trigger the fire alarms
    9 sprays = You're considered a National threat, RUN!
    10 sprays = You will be added to the periodic table next to Uranium
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 27th February 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dark caesar View Post
    10 sprays = you will be added to the periodic table next to uranium
    lol!

No apology necessary, always interested in hearing opinions on Kouros

Banned

many a woman will feign a faint to get you to stop and help ... don't do it !!! ... once in her clutches, you will not be released ... enjoy your fragrance !!! ... but be a little more daring, and add a spray on the back of your neck, near your hairline, to aid sillage ...

i went to a large department store here to test this out, they said Sorry We Only Have L'homme and La Nwee Deu Lome by Yves Saint Laurent.

Nice going. KOUROS IS KING !

I love it from start to finish, which means 12+ hours with 3-4 sprays on my body ...... Yeahhhhh
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Thanks for the replies.

I put one spray on at about 9am or so and here I am just over 6 hours later enjoying a wonderful musky and some what yet green floral dry down. This is amazing. Right now, the dry down reminds me a bit of Paco Rabbane pour homme. Which I adore.
    I felt such a rush of testosterone as I walked up to the sales counter to purchase Kouros. I bought the 100ml bottle. Something tells me this will last a long time. I just love it. Really really impressed.
    I do not smell any urine or nasty scents at all from this. I loved the sample I got months back. Very glad I now own this and so is my wife. I have read tons of posts about this subject. I would tell people who are wishing to dip their feet into Kouros to just do it. It is a very refined and masculine fragrance. I love it.

Kouros is great but being easy on the trigger is a good advice. More than one spray and you will rapidly end up being "that guy" in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Nice going. KOUROS IS KING !

I love it from start to finish, which means 12+ hours with 3-4 sprays on my body ...... Yeahhhhh
    Agreed.

Massiveattack1987

Love it or hate it.

Nothing can be compared to Kouros.. That is just a big plus point for me.
    Kouros is unique, special and smells good to me. I find it really fresh.

Kouros smells like I would come out of my bathroom. This freshness can never be beaten.

Agree or not: Kouros was, is and will be the king.

Again: Tons of niche products can be compared to designer fragrances or cheap fragrances, but I have never ever smelt other scents, which smell like Kouros.

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Massiveattack1987 View Post
    Love it or hate it.

Nothing can be compared to Kouros.. That is just a big plus point for me.
    Kouros is unique, special and smells good to me. I find it really fresh.

Kouros smells like I would come out of my bathroom. This freshness can never be beaten.

Again: Tons of niche products can be compared to designer fragrances or cheap fragrances, but I have never ever smelt other scents, which smell like Kouros.

I love it.
    No, My Friend. Creed Orange Spice could be. But the fools at Creed have spoken.

Massiveattack1987

@Hamp

I see no similarities.

[QUOTE=Massiveattack1987;2471900]@Hamp

I see no similarities.[/QUOTE

OK

Quote Originally Posted by maitiu View Post
    My wife and I had a nice weekend break away in Scotland and I managed to buy 5 new fragrances. Nothing niche sadly. On our way home last night, she finally gave in and allowed me to buy Kouros. She had read the reviews here and had smelt it on a tester stripe. It was a big no no for her.
    I love that she has given in and let me get it, just to shut me up about it

I put on 1 spray to the chest this morning after my shower and lotion and it is beyond powerful. I sat in my office and allowed it to dry down a bit before going near her. Her reaction has changed. She actually finds it rather sexual and raw. This is finally a hit with her and she seems to really like it on me.

She was until today a lover of Versace pour home and Dior Sport on me. The tables have turned and I really enjoy this scent. Very soapy and spicy. Although, I could not imagine how powerful this is beyond 1 spray. Wow is all i can say to the strength.
    I am working from home today, really nervous to see how it works out wearing this one spray in public.

I do not get any of the negative comment smells from this scent. Although on a test strip, I was partially able to pick up a few notes that people were finding less appealing.
    Good for you, enjoy it my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    1 spray of Kouros = Decent
    2 sprays = Someone will say OHHH SHT!!!
    3 sprays = Quick way to break up a relationship
    4 sprays = Will cause eyes to water
    5 sprays = Skunks run from you!
    6 sprays = you will get you slapped repeatedly by random people
    7 sprays = You > Bear Pepper Spray
    8 sprays = Will trigger the fire alarms
    9 sprays = You're considered a National threat, RUN!
    10 sprays = You will be added to the periodic table next to Uranium
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Spray that chest 6 times and go out my friend, its not a crime to smell good.
    Amen to that!
    Mark K

I don't know what is your "King" perception, but I always heard that Kouros is not for everyone, not for "everywhere/anytime wearing", that is a hate or love, bla bla bla. So, for me, this doesn't sound like a KING. I mean, a real KING will be appreciated for the most of the people, like Aventus, GIT, Aqua Di Gio, you know, those kind of fragrances that almost any people will like, something you can wear anytime, anywhere without being "weird" (its ok if you put aqua di gio or aventus for a first date, but Kouros ?????). So, I don't think, or don't understand how can you describe it as a KING ?

I wanted to like kouros. But each time I go to shopping and spray it on paper, I always have this disgusting urinal/horse smell that makes me sick, so I don't wanna spray this on my skin. If it was a real KING, this would not happen I think. Or maybe since I'm in mid 20's, and kouros is for "older/daddy/uncle" type of men, like 40-50 years old and up. Cause seriously, I don't imagine any of a mid 20 guy wearing this stuff...

Massiveattack1987

@PsYcHo

Kouros has been on the market for over 30 years.
    I cannot define what a KING should be, because it is my highly subjective opinion.
    I get lots of compliments from women and men when wearing this on my skin.

Test it on your skin and not on paper.

As you mentioned: Who ever hates Kouros, has Aqua Di Gio.

You say that Aventus, GIT and Aqua Di Gio are beloved by most people? Come on.
    I like Aventus and GIT, but these fragrances are also beloved and hated so much like Kouros.

@PsYcHo
    I like Aventus and GIT, but these fragrances are also beloved and hated so much like Kouros.
    Most of the people that hate aqua di gio is because its overused, people that hate aventus its because its "overhyped nice". They don't really HATE the scent. I mean, these days, with all those "sporty fresh" fragrances that every guy have, with someone young like under 30, there is more chance to have the people being repulsed by Kouros than for the people above 40-50.

If you put aqua di gio on a paper and you ask many random people (young) about their opinions, most will be like "oh, its fresh, smell good, kind of sexy/beach vibe, I like it". But if you try with kouros, people are not familiar to these strong 80's frag so they will be like "my god! what the hell is this! Its disgusting". Go to any bar, and most of the guy will be wearing LeMale, 1 million, aqua di gio, dior homme, and all those things. So, the girls are accustomed to these scent and start to like it. Then if a man comes in with Kouros, they will be shocked.

I don't know how to really explain what I'm thinking about kouros, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Oh, BTW, you said it was on the market for over 30 years. Yea, thats true. But during these years, most of the people that bought it was older guy, above 40. Kouros is the #1 for my 55 years old uncle. And my dad also really like it. I really think Kouros is not for young guys.

If you like Kouros, try MFK's Absolue Pour le Soir... they share a lot of the same notes.

I just turned 29 and I love Kouros and Paco Rabbane pour home. I like very masculine scents. I shudder at the thought of owning 1 million , aqua di gio etc. When I was 15 - 24, sure I wore things like that. Now I am near 30 and a father, I am drawn to real masculine scents. I do however enjoy fragrances like Le Male, which I do own along with Le Male Terrible. Just depends on the man, not the age. Age is just a number.

Yes, age is just a number. When I say that Kouros is for "older 40-50 and up" I'm talking more about the "person/look" than the "age".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Yes, age is just a number. When I say that Kouros is for "older 40-50 and up" I'm talking more about the "person/look" than the "age".
    Exactly. Kouros is for men, not boys.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Massiveattack1987

Most of the people that hate aqua di gio is because its overused, people that hate aventus its because its "overhyped nice". They don't really HATE the scent. I mean, these days, with all those "sporty fresh" fragrances that every guy have, with someone young like under 30, there is more chance to have the people being repulsed by Kouros than for the people above 40-50.

If you put aqua di gio on a paper and you ask many random people (young) about their opinions, most will be like "oh, its fresh, smell good, kind of sexy/beach vibe, I like it". But if you try with kouros, people are not familiar to these strong 80's frag so they will be like "my god! what the hell is this! Its disgusting". Go to any bar, and most of the guy will be wearing LeMale, 1 million, aqua di gio, dior homme, and all those things. So, the girls are accustomed to these scent and start to like it. Then if a man comes in with Kouros, they will be shocked.

I don't know how to really explain what I'm thinking about kouros, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Oh, BTW, you said it was on the market for over 30 years. Yea, thats true. But during these years, most of the people that bought it was older guy, above 40. Kouros is the #1 for my 55 years old uncle. And my dad also really like it. I really think Kouros is not for young guys.
    You argue that only older people buy Kouros..So what´s the issue?
    Your argument sounds like that the consumption of younger people is more important.

Do you have a source where most people don´t hate Aventus´ scent?

Sorry again, but your argument is just hilarious and also ridiculous (Sorry to say that):

Why do you wear cologne or fragrances? To please yourself or to please other people?

If you just want to have an attention from young people, then go with Aqua Di Gio or Creed.
    Even if you wear Aqua Di Gio or Creed to please yourself, then it´s fine.
    But don´t argue that OTHER people will like it more or less.
    That´s a little bit embarassing.

You argue that only older people buy Kouros..So what´s the issue?
    Then people should say its a "KING" among the older people, or something like that. But the way people tell about it on many internet reviews it sounds like "Kouros is THE KING of all the fragrance, any age, any style, you can't go wrong with the famous king kouros". But in fact, its false. Since Kouros was and is still famous among the older people, then its not THE KING. Because THE KING would be famous for any age, since its a KING.

Massiveattack1987

If lots of young people hate or don´t like Kouros around you, then you will be right.
    I know tons of people around me, who really like and love Kouros.

I am 24 and lots of people I know are also between 20 and 27.

P.S. Anyway, a king can be also beloved or hated.

Yes, many young people around me really hate kouros. And its funny to see how, when I go to a friend's house with some kouros on a paper, my friend is like "erkk this shit really stink man, whats that called ? The Urinal cologne ?" and then his father comes and he is like "wow, whats that? This smell really good". Thats what I say. Young people don't like it and old people like it.

Young people don't like it and old people like it.
    It is about taste and not age. Plenty young people like Kouros, plenty old people do not. It is a matter of personal taste, as you cannot simply put people in boxes because of their age. I am 23 years old, and I happen to like Kouros. I found it challenging when I tested it on paper, but paper really isn't the way to test a frag that you are supposed to put on your skin. The paper simply does not show the same note balance that your skin will.

It is all about taste.
    - Mark

ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Young crowd prefer Acqua di Gio, I agree.
    They also prefer souja boy music and Kim Kardajian lifestyle.

Sometimes the knowledge takes some time. Not for the inteligent, of course.

Well, one day just to jokes at a party I wore Aramis (I'm 24) and the only comments I got from the people was that it was smelling "too old for me". That with this scent, they associate and see a family dad, rather than a young sporty 24 years old guy. THIS, is what I'm talking about Kouros. Yes, some 25 years old can like it, but generally, kouros have the scent of a more older guy, kind of dad, uncle, farmer... Not a young sporty/stylish guy in his mid 20's.

Angry Re: Finally bought Kouros,, yes I am sorry for another Kouros thread

Hey PsYcHo If you're Aventus, Aqua Di Gio fan,then,what are you doing here,and for every Aventus, Aqua Di Gio scent fans, especially Aqua Di Gio fans,When was Kouros existed,Aqua Di Gio was sucking its mommy's milk.
    Last edited by Hovo; 27th February 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Well, one day just to jokes at a party I wore Aramis (I'm 24) and the only comments I got from the people was that it was smelling "too old for me". That with this scent, they associate and see a family dad, rather than a young sporty 24 years old guy. THIS, is what I'm talking about Kouros. Yes, some 25 years old can like it, but generally, kouros have the scent of a more older guy, kind of dad, uncle, farmer... Not a young sporty/stylish guy in his mid 20's.
    I smell like a farmer lol.

I turned 29 there on Friday. I am stylish, wear mainly Ralph Lauren clothes etc. I am a professional career wise as a software developer. Rather sporty I think. I go to football ( soccer ), I love hiking so forth. My wife and I enjoy traveling around the world when we can. Also enjoy to drive Mercedes and Audi and have two kids at 3 and 1 years old. Perhaps that may not seem typical of your sweeping statement where you seemed to lump an assumption that " most " Kouros owners are all farmers etc.

I believe 100% you are just trolling this thread to get people worked up.

I like the idea but it's too strong/crude. I diluted it but it's still unbalanced, it seems. I do enjoy Joint by Roccobarocco and I noticed last night that vintage Chaps has a bit of a Kouros quality too (with leather and it's also sweeter).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I like the idea but it's too strong/crude. I diluted it but it's still unbalanced, it seems. I do enjoy Joint by Roccobarocco and I noticed last night that vintage Chaps has a bit of a Kouros quality too (with leather and it's also sweeter).
    Have you tried Paco Rabbane pour homme?
    I find the Kouros dry down rather similar to Paco Rabbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    Hey PsYcHo If you're Aventus, Aqua Di Gio fan,then,what are you doing here
    This is a public forum. I can give my opinion on a fragrance in his thread even If I don't like it.

@maitiu: there are always exception. You are one

i cant stand aqua di gio,,smells like a small boy,,
    it is so boring,,

Banned
    Blog Entries

I would have to say that Kouros and Orange Spice are kissing cousins. If you like one, you'll like the other. Definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by maitiu View Post
    Have you tried Paco Rabbane pour homme?
    I find the Kouros dry down rather similar to Paco Rabbane.

Yes, and sorry but I don't find them similar, though I agree that the new PR PH starts off with harsh animalics and an almost "synthetic" quality. I like the vintage but would not consider wearing the new one.

I just came here to say that Kouros is, in fact, king.

Don't ever need to apologize for inquiring about something OP, glad to see you're enjoying it though, as I did

Oops, double posted, I thought my other post didn't go through

Dependent

I didnt really follow the thread until today. I strongly believe that although this is a forum where everyone can discuss about fragrance related matter, bashing a frag is not a nice thing to do. One man's meat is another man's poison. Just because you hate it and thinks that it smells old doesnt mean it does. Like everyone said, fragrances do not have gender or age. Its totally subjective and it all boils down to personal preferences. I think you are more concerned about pleasing girls your age. But the fact that youre missing is that even girls have subjective preferences and that means some will always prefer fragrances like Kouros. Please try not to sterotype age with fragrances as well.

Lastly, I would like to say that you might feel that youre young sporty and stylish, but if you continue with this kind of mindset, even with the best appearance, there could be some problems with your attitude and personality.
    Last edited by teemas; 28th February 2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I just came here to say that Kouros is, in fact, king.
    +5

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Exactly. Kouros is for men, not boys.
    True, but as far as I'm concerned, Kouros should rather be worn by young to middle aged men. (20-40). I (43), a huge Kouros fan, was actually asking myself if I'm already too old for it. I think we all agree, that Kouros is definitely a sexy/sensual scent. Worn by older men could make people think they're trying too hard. It's something like the olfactory equivalent of Hugh Hefners bathrobe. And seriously, who wants that? IMO mature/older men should rather wear classic but light scents without too much sillage like Eau Sauvage, Aqua di Parma, Guerlain Vetiver, GIT (...) and not powerhouses like Kouros. But that's just my humble opinion.

Kouros is (was?) brilliant through and through. It will be remembered for a very long time in fragrance history as one of the very best and most unique fragrances ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    The similarities are certainly there in the opening, but less so in the drydown. I bought another fragrance today that immediately reminded me of Kouros in the amazing opening (and predates both it and orange spice by quite a bit!) called Bal a Versailles. It is an oriental in the drydown to Kouros' strange fougere drydown, but it's still wonderful.

After doing some research, I found that Michael Jackson adored two fragrances more than any others: Orange Spice and Bal a Versailles. So add that one to the things that could be compared to Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    Have got to test this Creed ASAP - how is longevity of this Creed ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

No need to be apologetic, King Kouros owns this place.

I don't know what is your "King" perception, but I always heard that Kouros is not for everyone, not for "everywhere/anytime wearing", that is a hate or love, bla bla bla. So, for me, this doesn't sound like a KING. I mean, a real KING will be appreciated for the most of the people, like Aventus, GIT, Aqua Di Gio, you know, those kind of fragrances that almost any people will like, something you can wear anytime, anywhere without being "weird" (its ok if you put aqua di gio or aventus for a first date, but Kouros ?????). So, I don't think, or don't understand how can you describe it as a KING ?

I wanted to like kouros. But each time I go to shopping and spray it on paper, I always have this disgusting urinal/horse smell that makes me sick, so I don't wanna spray this on my skin. If it was a real KING, this would not happen I think. Or maybe since I'm in mid 20's, and kouros is for "older/daddy/uncle" type of men, like 40-50 years old and up. Cause seriously, I don't imagine any of a mid 20 guy wearing this stuff...
    My perception of KING is that of a man, not a boy, who rules a country HIS WAY, and doesn't really care much about what the masses think of
    him.

I think you confuse an elected president in a democracy with a King in a country with Succession and monarchy, where the King is not elected nor necessarily have to be liked by the people, but often he is respected - and should he not be, the King really does not care - because HE IS KING !

Kouros is that way - like him or not, KOUROS IS KING
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Advice - go back to Acqua Di Gio and 1 Million and other average middle of the road boring character weak frags.....

Let us old stubborn grumpy MEN use King Kouros

As already said:
    Kouros is for MEN not for weak insecure boys
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Just wear whatever the hell you want. Kouros is overblown and people overreact to it a lot. I've worn it in classroom settings a lot, and no one has complained. So many people here put an age on fragrances.

Many people are looking too much into this matter. I can be insecure, and I'm a teenager as well, and I've pulled off Kouros.

Yes, many young people around me really hate kouros. And its funny to see how, when I go to a friend's house with some kouros on a paper, my friend is like "erkk this shit really stink man, whats that called ? The Urinal cologne ?" and then his father comes and he is like "wow, whats that? This smell really good". Thats what I say. Young people don't like it and old people like it.
    You sound not just like a 23-24 year old, but like a very immature 23-24 year old !

Young people have unrefined, untrained, inexperienced & immature noses - young people tend to go the way of the masses......Hence they think only neutral boring fresh Acqua Di Gio, Issey & Aventus like borderline unisex scents are the way to go.

Grow up and you may be lucky enough to understand, enjoy and even like Kouros - see you in 10 years time

When you have the balls to stand out in a crowd - instead of wanting to please the entire crowd - start wearing Kouros.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    True, but as far as I'm concerned, Kouros should rather be worn by young to middle aged men. (20-40). I (43), a huge Kouros fan, was actually asking myself if I'm already too old for it. I think we all agree, that Kouros is definitely a sexy/sensual scent. Worn by older men could make people think they're trying too hard. It's something like the olfactory equivalent of Hugh Hefners bathrobe. And seriously, who wants that? IMO mature/older men should rather wear classic but light scents without too much sillage like Eau Sauvage, Aqua di Parma, Guerlain Vetiver, GIT (...) and not powerhouses like Kouros. But that's just my humble opinion.
    I'm 40 and I wear frags to please myself, not others.

I certainly respect other people, but frankly don't give a hoot about if they like my Eau de Toilette or not.

I wear and own anything from 1 million, Joop Homme, Joop Jump, Acqua Di Gio, GIT, Kouros, Azzaro ph, Monsieur de Givenchy, Rive Gauche, original Santal, Opium, Aqua Marine, Armani Code, Chanel Platinum, Antaeus, Cool Water, Quorum, Prada Amber ph etc. etc. - all frags that I enjoy, not what girls, boys, men nor women like !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

It`s been a couple of years since I smell Kouros now. I remember I thought it smelled cheap, but I only tested it on a paper-strip. Maby I must re-visit it again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I'm 40 and I wear frags to please myself, not others.

I certainly respect other people, but frankly don't give a hoot about if they like my Eau de Toilette or not.

I wear and own anything from 1 million, Joop Homme, Joop Jump, Acqua Di Gio, GIT, Kouros, Azzaro ph, Monsieur de Givenchy, Rive Gauche, original Santal, Opium, Aqua Marine, Armani Code, Chanel Platinum, Antaeus, Cool Water, Quorum, Prada Amber ph etc. etc. - all frags that I enjoy, not what girls, boys, men nor women like !
    I admire your confidence and swagger! Me myself I work in a field where interaction with other people is essential and a garantee of my professionnal succes. For that reason and at work I simply cannot allow myself to not care about what others think an feel about me. What I'm wearing in private though, is another matter.

Edit: I actually do wear Kouros at work but then I use it very sparingly!
    Last edited by Ender; 28th February 2012 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    It`s been a couple of years since I smell Kouros now. I remember I thought it smelled cheap, but I only tested it on a paper-strip. Maby I must re-visit it again soon.
    I don't get it.
    You're an experienced Basenoter and you're very much into frags and scents. You have a highly appreciated & respected voice in here; YET YOU STILL TEST A FRAG ON PAPER

Kouros should never be tested on a paper strip. In fact no frag deserves to be tested on paper. Skin only, or no test at all
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I admire your confidence and swagger! Me myself I work in a field where interaction with other people is essential and a garantee of my professionnal succes. For that reason and at work I simply cannot allow myself to not care about what others think an feel about me. What I'm wearing in private though, is another matter.

Edit: I actually do wear Kouros at work but then I use it very sparingly!
    I understand your position.

If at work I will of course apply accordingly. Kouros: 1 spray on my chest and one spray on to the back of my head. No more than that.
    Then I make sure to go at least one hour before I arrive at work, so top notes are weakened a bit.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Blog Entries

@teemas: If I don't something (a fragrance in this case), i can bash on it like I want. This is not bad. What is bad is bashing against people and saying like "you are an idiot if you like/wear kouros" THIS is bad but thats not what I do. And im not gonna do it since I respect others opinions. If you like it its ok good for you. But ME, I dont like and I think it smell disgusting/old. Thats MY opinion.
    Yes, we get it. You can calm down now.

You misunderstood me. l meant that REGARDLESS of age, Kouros is for men, not boys. You can be a man at 18, with the right attitude. And you can be over 40 & still a boy. lt's all in the attitude, guys!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.