Hi everyone,

I know... you probably think I'm nuts, or are just scratching your head... WHY? Right? LOL.

I've been sampling the Montale line and although I like almost every Aoud that I've sampled, there always seems to be a little something missing for me. My favorites so far are Dark Aoud (that has a gorgeous, crypt-like Sandalwood note) and Black Aoud (that has a powerful, gothic, dirty Dark Rose note).. So....

This morning, on a whim, I decided to (carefully) layer them. The results are absolutely spectacular. The combination is precisely what I have been looking for these past few months. The creaminess and dryness of the sandalwood with the deep, dark gorgeous rose and the strong backbone of aoud. Fabulous! They blend perfectly. I was and am totally surprised. Cannot wait for the dry down.

If the dry down is as amazing as the opening, then am happy to keep layering these, but does anyone know of of a fragrance that has something close to this combination of notes: sandalwood, dark rose, and aoud? I would love to get my hands on it if such a thing exists. Will Czech and Speake No. 88 get me close?

Thanks in advance,
Ben