Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: jasmin sambac solifore and gardenia solifore?

I wonder if with the IFRA restriction, Saripatates might be right after all - only in Arabian perfumery will one find true jasmine extract (and provided that Amouage doesn't further water down its quality).

+1 the $$$ Jardenia for gardenias.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    for jasmine soliflore, I'd suggest looking to the east.

al qurashi's royal jasmine is dense, good and inexpensive.
    arabian oud also has quality jasmine.
    ajmal also has (or had) some excellent soliflores, jasmine being amongst them.

I'm surprised neither suga or hedonist mentioned them
    My experience in Egypt was that they were very variable, and often adulterated. The great ones were great; I have some "Ful Saudi" ( sambac ) that might be what the OP seeks, but you had to sniff the oil before buying, as the same name was never a guarantee of the same product.

Basenotes Institution

+ 1 Jardenia !!!!!!!!!!!

+1 Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia for gardenia and also Kai perfume oil /EDP for cool , fresh budding gardenia. ( I've done a '360' on Kai recently )

( Jasmine A la Nuit by Sergie Lutens . Love & Tears, Nuda by Nasomatto , Jasmin by Bruno Acampora. )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Isn't sambac the same as pikake? I suggest you try Pacifica Waikiki Pikake. Inexpensive and very pleasant. I don't think they ship out of the USA though-- not sure where you are located.

For gardenia, I've never smelled a truer one than JAR Jardenia but wow, the price-- and the difficulty in buying it (other than in person.)

Chantecaille Pétales has a lovely gardenia top note but it evolves into tuberose and other notes. My daughter loves it. Maybe worth sampling?

Then of course there is good ol' Kai, a green gardenia which some love and some scorn. Worth a try in my opinion. Try the roll-on oil first, rather than the edt.

Jo Malone's new company, Jo Loves, has Gardenia -- have not tried it yet, not available in the USA yet. http://www.joloves.com/fragrances/gardenia

i tried joy, olene, Montale's Jasmin Full and a la nuit. i couldnt get love and tears on ebay. any site you know which will ship it to sri lanka?

Quote Originally Posted by gayani View Post
    i tried joy, olene, Montale's Jasmin Full and a la nuit. i couldnt get love and tears on ebay. any site you know which will ship it to sri lanka?
    first in fragrance and luckyscent.com should post to Sri Lanka.
    for swap/sale:

im looking for some single floral note perfumes. i have jasmine and gardenia in my garden and they smell wonderful. i have never smelled any perfume which smell like those. may be they cant be duplicated? i got some jasmine oil called song of india and it does not smell like jasmine

this is off topic. but hedonist222, i see you live in abu dhabi. do you know any place which will ship sapil young heart perfume to sri lanka? and have you tried sapil's "just jasmine" ?

Blog Entries

Then there were many fragrances suggested in your other thread that you haven't tried. l highly recommend that you try Bruno Acampora Jasmin, Nasomatto Nuda & By Kilian's Love & Tears. Luckyscent.com is the place to get samples of these.

Do you have Lush shops in Sri Lanka? Their Lust perfume is worth a try, l think.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

teardrop, we do not have lush shops here.
    im going to order some samples from luckyscent

luckyscent does not ship to sri lanka

Jasmin Vert by Miller Harris, very realistic interpretation of this beautiful flower :-)

its soliflore. sorry about that. so... i guess i dont have a way to sample these