Code of Conduct

Default Which scent starts gently floral/aquatic, then 0.5 seconds later, hits you with a seismic basenote?

I deeply regret not asking the woman wearing this incredible thing to tell me what it was. I was hosting a prospective student at my apartment and right before we went out to a group dinner with other students, she put on some kind of perfume. I noticed an opening scent that was aromatic and not too sweet, and then a fraction of a second later, a deeply powerful basenote came and took my breath away. I couldn't believe it. I took one or two breaths more of this fragrance, and it worked the same way. Outrageously sensual, and it appeared that the time delay between the upper/middle notes and the basenote was a quality intrinsic to the fragrance. I've never smelled anything like this before or since. The only thing I can vaguely equate the basenote to is like hearing the unearthly "pow" sound used to close each episode of the "Lost" tv series-- like that, but projected into your core by a massive sub-woofer. At the time my reaction to this perfume was so unsettling to me that I became too embarrassed to inquire about what it was. If I could only find it now, I would love to use it myself, but I have no idea where to start looking. Do any of the connoisseurs reading this post have some thoughts on which fragrance this might be?

Default Other details

The fragrance must be from earlier than 2005, based upon the time frame I noticed it. And while I'm unable to identify specific notes in the fragrance (since I'm new to that sort of thing), I can say that there was nothing brash or edgy about it at all. Though it was an assertive presence, there was no citrus or anything bright in it, just a smooth, velvety, rich gorgeousness.

Default Re: Which scent starts gently floral/aquatic, then 0.5 seconds later, hits you with a seismic baseno

Missoni by Missoni? It's an aquatic with floral, chocolate and fruity notes, a real shapeshifter.
    Last edited by tiffingirl; 28th February 2012 at 08:01 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Which scent starts gently floral/aquatic, then 0.5 seconds later, hits you with a seismic baseno

Probably Angel.

Or, if not the original Angel, then the more aquatic take on it, Eau de Star.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Did you catch sight of any bottle or packaging, any colour of the scent?

It sounds like it has Ambergris in it. That is what Ambergris does for me.

Try this http://www.fragrantica.com/groups/floral+aquatic.html

http://www.fragrantica.com/ingredients-search/

Madame X by Ava Lux?
    Last edited by mumsy; 28th February 2012 at 11:21 AM.