Code of Conduct

Exclamation Fierce Abercrombie & Fitch Vs. Legend Mont Blanc. Which is better?

I have smelt Mont Blanc Legend and i feel its remarkably similar to Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce. I already have Chanel Platinum Egoïste but for some reason I feel uncomfortable wearing it around people

I absolutely love the smell of them both but MBL is half the price and im not sure which is better????

Scent -0-10

Longevity - how many hours

Projection and Sillage - low/ medium/ monster

Compliments -

Which you prefer?

Thanks in advanced....
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Default Re: Fierce Abercrombie & Fitch Vs. Legend Mont Blanc. Which is better?

I used to wear a lot of Fierce so can only really comment on that but I found it to be a really nice frag, quite a young persons scent which is why I don't wear it nowadays, longevity wise it stayed with me for a good 8 hours with good projection. It was a massive compliment getter, second only to Escentric 01.

I have had a couple of Mont Blancs though not specifically Legend and Fierce would be my preference over them (Exceptionale and Starwalker) as I found both of them faded very quickly.

I don't know how old you are but anything between early 20's and mid 30's and you're in prime Fierce zone so prepare for a bag load of compliments!
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Creed Baie de Genievre
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum
    Serge Lutens Douce Amere
    Parfum d'Empire Aziyade
    MFK Lumiere Noire
    Etat Libre d'Orange Noel au Balcon
    Etat Libre d'Orange Delicious Closet Queen
    Guerlain Habit Rouge

There ain't no devil - that's just god when he's drunk

Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Capp View Post
    anything between early 20's and mid 30's and you're in prime Fierce zone so prepare for a bag load of compliments!
    Yh I seem to fit the type I am 21. my friend has fierce and he says, he literally has people following him around when he is out and its good because here in the UK nobody really knows about it that much unlike what I hear in the USA...
    Thanks for your input!
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Yeah definitely, Fierce will work for you. I think a lot of people don't judge it objective as a scent because it's made by Abercrombie but it's really quite good

Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    Yeah definitely, Fierce will work for you. I think a lot of people don't judge it objective as a scent because it's made by Abercrombie but it's really quite good
    This is true. I am in college and I hate it simply because of who I see wearing it. People with Abercrombie "Vintage" t-shirts and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones on while they sit in class.

The scent isn't as bad as them, but I just can't stand the brand or the type of youth they sell to.

I give Fierce the edge. I own two Mont Blancs, Presence and Individuel. Tried Legend, but just thought it was average.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Thanks guys

Has nobody smelt them both? I want to know if its just me that thinks they are 80% identical
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

There both similar to me buy for some reason I enjoyed Mont Blanc Legend more?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    There both similar to me buy for some reason I enjoyed Mont Blanc Legend more?
    +1. Fierce projects more but Legend is much more refined IMO. For attention get Fierce and seduction get Legend.

Legend Mont Blanc

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    This is true. I am in college and I hate it simply because of who I see wearing it. People with Abercrombie "Vintage" t-shirts and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones on while they sit in class.

The scent isn't as bad as them, but I just can't stand the brand or the type of youth they sell to.
    Haha. Quite true.

Fierce has mega projection and longevity. Mont blanc is much more refine long lasting but very low silage.

Go with Firce. Legend just seems like a watered down version of it.
    Legend might be more refined, but for your age group and location Fierce would fit better.

It seems like 4 votes for Fierce and 4 votes for legend. but seen as its £78 for 100ml of fierce and £22 for 30ml legend... i might just get a small bottle of legend and if i really like it upgrade to fierce.....
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

I have to go with Fierce.....Gary

Any other opinions?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Both are great. Fierce is more targeted to the teens and legend is for 25+

I would suggest Sunrise for men by Fanck Olivier

Basenotes Member

Fierce is probably better, although not for the price it currently sells at.

You could go super cheap and get playboy new york. $10 us for 3.4oz

Mont Blanc Legend is better overall imo.

Basenotes Junkie

I love legend. It is my most complimented fragrance with women. Not sure if those two things are related.

Fierce is ok, but smells young and cheap to me. I am 32, so i guess that fits with the rest of your feedback.

Rick

I feel legend had a tad more of the core essence but fierce has more if the warm musk which makes it carry. I'm still debating.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I would suggest Sunrise for men by Fanck Olivier
    I have owned both bottles and still own one of them. The one that has remained is Mont Blanc Legend since it's affordable for us in the UK. A&F prices over here are just beyond silly.

Anyway I will also no longer purchase Mont Blanc Legend. As affordable as it is I'm always on the look out for bargains. Franck Olivier Sunrise smells literally the same as Fierce and Legend. It's only £20 or so for 75ml from places like CheapSmell. Doesn't project as much as Fierce but does project more than MB Legend for sure. Lasts pretty much throughout the day. I've counted regularly 9 hrs with the first 3 hours being extremely great for sillage and projection and after that it starts mellowing but still leaving a very noticeable fresh drydown behind. Obviously fragrances work differently on everyones skin but £20 for a 75ml bottle of this is definitely worth it in my books. Same smell for less and the majority of people just cannot tell the difference.

Did you end up trying the sunrise? I just blind bought it becuse of this af amazon reviews. Thanks

I have Legend. It is the most uninspiring fragrance in my collection. I hope it grows on me but right now, I derive no enjoyment wearing it. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco4758 View Post
    Did you end up trying the sunrise? I just blind bought it becuse of this af amazon reviews. Thanks
    Yeah I have owned and used Sunrise for quite a number of months now. It's a very good substitute. It does smell a lot like AF Fierce. There is a slight difference in smell though it's a bit powdery on the dry down. Only slightly though. Hardly noticeable and actually smells better than MB Legend. Anything that smells as good as Fierce or Legend and lasts longer than the latter is quite a good buy I reckon. Think Sunrise is one of those sleeper hits that only fragheads and bargain hunters seek out but its definitely worth a try.

Amazing. I got a tester for 13 dollars shipping included! It was ridiculous.and I'm 99.% sure they don't make fakes of it haha.

I prefer Legend. It doesn't project like AF, which is a downside but IMO it's much more refined and not nearly as sharp. Legend is AF with the edges smoothed out....whereas Fierce is the wild younger brother that needs some sanding around the rough edges.

The dry down of legend is brilliant, one of my favorites.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Falco4758 View Post
    The dry down of legend is brilliant, one of my favorites.
    Tried Legend today and I totally agree. The projection is minimal but it smells really good. I love A&F Fierce but it does not last long on me at all. I have sunrise on the way so I'll wait and see how that one turns out. If the projection and longevity sucks it doesn't matter because I only spent $25, lol!
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

Montblanc Legend is a great fragrance, specially considering its price. To me, it smells much more refined than fierce, while still retaining that vibrant tone which women love. The projection might be weaker but it last a pretty decent time (around 7.5 hours on my skin).

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Tried Legend today and I totally agree. The projection is minimal but it smells really good. I love A&F Fierce but it does not last long on me at all. I have sunrise on the way so I'll wait and see how that one turns out. If the projection and longevity sucks it doesn't matter because I only spent $25, lol!
    Sunrise has great longevity on me. I put on three sprays the other day and could definitely smell it, but by not means did it seem strong. Well I went over to me GF's place about 2-3hrs later and I walked in and she immediately kind of snapped her head back! I said, "oh, do I smell strong?!" And she said, "yeah you do, but it smells great" Then 4hrs later she was cuddled up on my chest and said "oh my gosh, you smell SOOOO amazing!" Nothing like getting a bottle of Fierce for around $20 a bottle!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Sunrise has great longevity on me. I put on three sprays the other day and could definitely smell it, but by not means did it seem strong. Well I went over to me GF's place about 2-3hrs later and I walked in and she immediately kind of snapped her head back! I said, "oh, do I smell strong?!" And she said, "yeah you do, but it smells great" Then 4hrs later she was cuddled up on my chest and said "oh my gosh, you smell SOOOO amazing!" Nothing like getting a bottle of Fierce for around $20 a bottle!
    Extremely encouraging good sir!
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

I'm going to have to go with fierce also, They are both similar at the top but fierce has a nice spicy base that compliments the top and carries it longer.

Also, I must ask why on earth would you feel uncomfortable wearing platinum egoiste? It's only one of the most beautiful, sexy, versatile and inoffensive fragrances ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I feel legend had a tad more of the core essence but fierce has more if the warm musk which makes it carry. I'm still debating.
    I definitely like fierce better.

I've been loving the new Kenneth Cole Mankind, which to me is similar to Fierce, but better than both of these to MY nose.

I feel like Fierce's performance is lacking in recent years. Has it been reformulated? I remember it when I was in college and it had pretty good longevity, and now it's over in the blink of an eye.

Between Fierce and Legend, I prefer Platinum Egoiste.

Both smell identical, but I find Legend lasts a bit longer. Legend has the better bottle as well, whereas Fierce's bottle is pretty basic and has that awkward sticker on it to boot.
    Last edited by Maxflier; 11th June 2014 at 08:24 PM.

I would go with MBL. While I find both to be identical, MBL has a more sophisticated bottle and doesn't project as offensively.

I find both absolutely cloying and repulsive. It feels like they're both just ringing in my noise, if that makes sense, like a fire alarm. But instead of a noise, it's a smell.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Wore this as my SoTD. Fantastic stuff! Silage and longevity are great! Dare I say, better than Fierce. Actually should be judged on its own merit honestly. Great stuff. Glad I bought a bottle.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

My vote for Legend.
    One question though: why would you want to smell like every A&F shop? They are very common in USA and a lot of people would associate the smell. At least here in Europe this fragrance and the shops are not so popular...

Mont Blanc

I really wanted to love Fierce.

I love Legend and just bought a bottle of Fierce based on the reviews. While It's true Fierce lasts way longer and projects further... Legend smells a fair bit nicer and more sophisticated.

Don't get me wrong Fierce is still decent but Legend is on another level. It's like this... Fierce is something a teenager wears to his school dance. Legend is something a man wears to a posh nightclub.

For those people who complain about the longevity of Legend the solution is simple. Buy yourself one of those empty mini travel cologne spray bottles and put Legend in it and keep it in your pocket and refresh as needed. Legend is way cheaper then Fierce so you can afford to use more anyway.

Basenotes Junkie

AF Fierce is the winner across the board in every parameter you have specified. Whats REALLY good is that its not as well known in Britain, as opposed to US where half of the population are quite familiar with the smell.. Wish I could wear Fierce without every second person I meet pointing out that I am wearing "AF cologne". *Sigh*

Fierce. It's better in all.

Mont Blanc Legend Intense version imo, although Fierce is a very good frag
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

I will have to go with Legend. They both are almost identical scentwise. They are both scents that I and my girl love. The thing with fierce is that you spray 3-4 sprays and you start fearing for your life that you over did it with this monster projection for about a hlf hour then after just a couple hours it is a nose to skin scent. Whereas, legend sprayed 3+4 times you don't get that monster projection, you get a just right projection and then 6 hours later you can actually still smell it beyond the skin, it has a good 1-2 foot scent bubble and it's half the price for more. it's a no brainer.

Basenotes Plus

I dont really have much to add but that if you do ever decide you like fierce but want a little more of a dressed up version Dior Eau For Men does have many similarities to fierce and legend with that iris note amped up from dior homme and dior homme intense. Just a suggestion for the times when fierce may be a little too...... Fierce?