Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Opinions of Yankee Candle

Cheap, synthetic, and cloying – especially all the umpteen variations on vanilla, sugar cookies, and pumpkin spice.
    That said, I've been gifted a few over the years and have found them useful for scenting a large space or an outdoor patio when burning my better candles would have been wasteful. They're strong, if nothing else.

(Also wondering what folks who say Yankee Candles are "pricey" must think of candles by Diptyque, L'Artisan, etc. - to say nothing of Cire Trudon or By Killian ... )

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer1 View Post
    I`m enjoying "Merry Marshmallow" right now.
    I've bought that one too. Haven't tried it yet. Smelled good though in the store. (756)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I actually like it better than Christmas Cookie. Also purchased a few of the new Snowflake Cookie, Vanilla Cupcake, Pumpkin Pie, Midsummer`s Night, Sun & Sand, Bahama Breeze, Beach Walk, Pink Sands, and Beach Wood with multiples of some. Women love these and enjoy having them burning in the home.

I actually like it better than Christmas Cookie. Also purchased a few of the new Snowflake Cookie, Vanilla Cupcake, Pumpkin Pie, Midsummer`s Night, Sun & Sand, Bahama Breeze, Beach Walk, Pink Sands, and Beach Wood with multiples of some. Women love these and enjoy having them burning in the home.
    Also got the Pumpkin Pie one. Smelled great. Most of the other ones were fruit scents.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Speaking of the fruit scented ones......I want to try Farmer`s Market

I was tempted to get that one, but my basket was already filled with my chosen ones. Maybe next trip there.
    (768)

Yankee Candle really isn't what it used to be and there are plenty of competitors that are stepping it up. Check out Diamond Candles - they have great, all natural Soy candles. AND each one contains a ring worth anywhere from $10 to $10,000 inside.

I found some of their candles at marshalls and I can honestly say do not buy those... their is a reason they are marked down ha ha

I feel that several are okay. I'm looking into candles with the strongest throw. Most candles you can't even smell when lit. I hear BBW has excellent candles, but I can't compare them to Yankee. Anyone have an opinion? BBW use to carry slatkin, its the same candle but with a white barn label on it, so I read.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Wonderful Yankee candles.I love tart warmers and jar toppers.I like to use it in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyerickson View Post
    Wonderful Yankee candles.I love tart warmers and jar toppers.I like to use it in my home.
    What are some of your favorites, past or present?

Found a range of these in Australia today very cheap. Fuji Apple and Vanilla Cinnamon were the two I picked up. The vanilla one is quite good and seems to drift nicely through our house.

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Found a range of these in Australia today very cheap. Fuji Apple and Vanilla Cinnamon were the two I picked up. The vanilla one is quite good and seems to drift nicely through our house.
    Fuji Apple sounds wonderful.

I was given the most sickly sweet and overpowering 'Hot Cocoa' candle last Christmas and I just can't bear the smell of it, so it's in the back of a cupboard until I can find someone to give it to. I love Midsummer's Night, Sandalwood and a few of the others, but the fruity and sweet ones are just way too sweet for me.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

They smell amazing but I think they are a bit overrated.

A Child's Wish smells quite similar to Mugler Cologne to me, even has the same green colour, and Lavender Vanilla is clearly for Caron Pour Un Homme fans.

My favourite is Island Spa, which they discontinued in stores a while back but seems to have returned on their website only.

Basenotes Plus

Love 'em. Their 2 for 1 sale allows me to stock up on last minute gifts for all year long!

I used to buy them but ended up thinking that they're overpriced for petroleum wax based candles with synthetic scents. I've since gone down the hippy route of soy based waxes with essential oils.

Quote Originally Posted by themaleedit View Post
    I used to buy them but ended up thinking that they're overpriced for petroleum wax based candles with synthetic scents. I've since gone down the hippy route of soy based waxes with essential oils.
    Plus soy are meant to be better as they don't give off harmful chemicals like some of the wax based ones Do you find they last longer?

Not a fan, better to just spend a little more and buy a Nest candle. You can find them real cheap sometimes if you look around.

Quote Originally Posted by cc1987 View Post
    Plus soy are meant to be better as they don't give off harmful chemicals like some of the wax based ones Do you find they last longer?
    I haven't noticed soy candles lasting longer, but I feel that they throw fragrance a lot better than petroleum waxes. I can really notice them when I enter a room even when unlit. My favourites are from Pacifica.

Good, even burn as well. None of that tunnelling.

I have tried quite a few different scents and sizes and sadly have not been impressed. In general I find they don't throw very well, even the 3 wicks, and they don't burn very well for the most part (they don't burn all the way to the side, have lots left on the sides, or I have to dump wax so they actually burn because they used too much wax and not enough wick) and I have only found 2 scents that I absolutely love. Unfortunately for me I got both the scents at a discount store and it seems they have been discontinued. Right now I am loving bath and body works candles.

Basenotes Plus

Buy 2 get 2 sale going on now.

Basenotes Plus

Farmers Market is very nice.