Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 78
  1. #31
    Dependent LloydLlewellyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyegaard View Post
    Subjectivity I can respect, irrational hate of something because it's likeable is, well, annoying at best.

    "I don't like the smell of this" is okay.
    "I don't own Bleu beause it's popularity means I don't feel unique when wearing it" is okay.

    "I hate Bleu because everyone else loves it" is not okay.

    See what I mean?
    What exactly do you find not okay in not wanting to smell like everybody else expects you to smell? I think people are entitled to their own individuality. You may think that going with the flow is the right thing to do. But others might disagree. And we all have a right to position ourselves with regards to what's socially acceptable. But I digress.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  2. #32
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    What exactly do you find not okay in not wanting to smell like everybody else expects you to smell? I think people are entitled to their own individuality. You may think that going with the flow is the right thing to do. But others might disagree. And we all have a right to position ourselves with regards to what's socially acceptable. But I digress.
    Please read what I wrote again, we basically said just the same thing.

    It doesn't make it a bad fragerance though, that is sort of the whole point of my argument.

  3. #33
    Dependent LloydLlewellyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyegaard View Post
    Please read what I wrote again, we basically said just the same thing.

    It doesn't make it a bad fragerance though, that is sort of the whole point of my argument.
    Please don't take this as trying to start a discussion, but I do somehow understand people instantly abhorring a popular fragrance. When it is all over town, for example. And for what you're saying to be true to reality, everybody else should really love Bleu, which I don't think is the case. Even more, if it WERE the case, it'd be great that someone disagreed.
    Hilsen!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  4. #34
    Dependent lovingthealien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    It is a bad fragrance, though.

  5. #35
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Please don't take this as trying to start a discussion, but I do somehow understand people instantly abhorring a popular fragrance. When it is all over town, for example. And for what you're saying to be true to reality, everybody else should really love Bleu, which I don't think is the case. Even more, if it WERE the case, it'd be great that someone disagreed.
    Hilsen!
    Hola!

    No, I totally get that aspect of it - it's okay for people to don't want to use or own a fragerance that is overly popular.

    I'm just tired of people proclaiming a popular fragerance is "horrible and utter shit" only on the basis of it being popular.. it makes no sense to me ;-).

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    It is a bad fragrance, though.
    That's your opinion and that's okay. To me, it smells good.

  6. #36
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,013

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyegaard View Post
    I'm just tired of people proclaiming a popular fragerance is "horrible and utter shit" only on the basis of it being popular.. it makes no sense to me ;-).
    So where has someone said that?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  7. #37
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,363

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    It is a bad fragrance, though.
    Not really, I think we've all smelled worse imo.

  8. #38

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I guess Bleu pays the price for the daring of Antaeus and Egoiste maybe?

    Just wondering...

  9. #39
    Dependent lovingthealien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    It's a shitty fragrance because Chanel can and has done way better almost every single time they've created a fragrance. It's a shitty fragrance because those better fragrances are available at the same price point or slightly higher. Most importantly, it's a shitty fragrance because it is uninspired, predictable, and smells like every other masculine that's come out since 2008, including Zirh Ikon, which is buy one get one for 9.99 at perfumania. I had no idea this garbage was popular; I've only seen people look uninterested at the counter and then walk over and buy 1 Million.

  10. #40
    Dependent lovingthealien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Not really, I think we've all smelled worse imo.
    Not from Chanel.

  11. #41
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,363

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    It's a shitty fragrance because Chanel can and has done way better almost every single time they've created a fragrance. It's a shitty fragrance because those better fragrances are available at the same price point or slightly higher. Most importantly, it's a shitty fragrance because it is uninspired, predictable, and smells like every other masculine that's come out since 2008, including Zirh Ikon, which is buy one get one for 9.99 at perfumania. I had no idea this garbage was popular; I've only seen people look uninterested at the counter and then walk over and buy 1 Million.
    True I agree with you there, Antaeus and Egoiste are ball parks apart from Bleu at the same price point. I think there trying to reach out to the younger crowd. Just like Gucci with guilty!

  12. #42

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    So where has someone said that?
    Exactly. I hate Blue de Chanel for the same reason I hate many Amouage scents.....it just stinks.

  13. #43
    Super Member Letitbenose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    I think there trying to reach out to the younger crowd. Just like Gucci with guilty!
    Right! And I'd say countries or markets that are fond of this kind of "easy" non offensive frag.

  14. #44
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,363

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by LucasKane View Post
    Exactly. I hate Blue de Chanel for the same reason I hate many Amouage scents.....it just stinks.
    wow now thats harsh, Amouage have some very nice scents

  15. #45

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    It's a shitty fragrance because Chanel can and has done way better almost every single time they've created a fragrance. It's a shitty fragrance because those better fragrances are available at the same price point or slightly higher. Most importantly, it's a shitty fragrance because it is uninspired, predictable, and smells like every other masculine that's come out since 2008, including Zirh Ikon, which is buy one get one for 9.99 at perfumania. I had no idea this garbage was popular; I've only seen people look uninterested at the counter and then walk over and buy 1 Million.

    It doesn't smell anything like every masculine that's been produced since 2008.

    Have you ever worn it for a day?

    I wonder, because other than the fact that it's a fresh fragrance it's very different than pretty much any other popular scent out there. And even if it does bare some resemblance to some fragrances, it does it better than 99% of them.

    It's one thing to base your opinion on experience but I doubt that's what you're doing. You probably smelled it on a test strip or sprayed it on the back of your hand.

    And as far as "uninspired"....what does that even mean? You sound so cliched, and ironically, very uninspired with that comment. Do you know the "inspirational" stories behind all of Chanel's "superior" fragrances? Are they inspiring tales of adventure and ingenuity? And what's Bleu's story? Have you researched it and found it uninspiring? Give me a break.

    And how predictable was it?

    You must have been shocked when you learned Chanel was planning the release of a BLUE fragrance (god forbid).

    Doesn't seem to predictable to me.

  16. #46
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    So where has someone said that?
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting the general vibe and what people are saying.

    I sort of feel the answers between your post and this post tells the story, but again... i might be reading it wrong.

    People not liking the smell of the frag is absolutely okay, we cannot all like the same stuff.

  17. #47
    Dependent canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    It is Chanel's attempt to garner in some extra cash, they hyped it and thats why its a top seller right now, when Chanel released it people went nuts thinking this was going to be some next level shit, it is what most Chanel fragrances are, generic, quality and safe. I'm not going to be purchasing a bottle of this in the near or later future.

  18. #48
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    It is Chanel's attempt to garner in some extra cash, they hyped it and thats why its a top seller right now, when Chanel released it people went nuts thinking this was going to be some next level shit, it is what most Chanel fragrances are, generic, quality and safe. I'm not going to be purchasing a bottle of this in the near or later future.
    Honestly, I'm still confused.

    It's quality and safe (and generic; ironically what I absolutely don't get from this fragerance, but my nose is my nose and your nose is your nose) yet the whole post reeks of dislike.

    Is it from the generic vibe you're picking up ?

    English is not my first language, I'm pretty fluent in it, but this is not written to provoke; I'm honestly trying to understand this.

  19. #49
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I've tested Bleu twice and found it boring and generic

    But, everyone keeps saying how it draws compliments from the chicas

    As a compliment sloot, I find myself in a dilemma here......

  20. #50
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,363

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    imo its a safe scent, its not boring or to loud. It's the run of the mill stuff you get these days. Nothing to impressive, especially at its price tag.

  21. #51
    Dependent canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyegaard View Post
    Honestly, I'm still confused.

    It's quality and safe (and generic; ironically what I absolutely don't get from this fragerance, but my nose is my nose and your nose is your nose) yet the whole post reeks of dislike.

    Is it from the generic vibe you're picking up ?

    English is not my first language, I'm pretty fluent in it, but this is not written to provoke; I'm honestly trying to understand this.
    personally I'm not a huge fan of Chanel, the only scent I think is full bottle worthy from what I've tried is Edition Blanche (havent tried Egoiste so cant say) I find most of there scents in a way the same, which is boring meaning it doesnt challenge my nose and I don't get excited smelling this scent or when wearing it. I was expecting it to be like that when it was about to be released and am not surpried about it, they did however add quality ingredients like they usually do. With the scents being released in the last few years I didnt think Chanel was going to make a fragrance in that category but to mine and others shame, they did.

  22. #52

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Bleu smells very nice, and is the one of the best "department store" scents available. My wife likes it and I have received compliments on it. If you walk me in Macy's and tell me my signature scent has to come from there alone, I'd probably be torn between Bleu or YSL L'Homme. My Macy's does not carry Terre d'Hermes or Dior Homme.

  23. #53

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I tend to say that here in Brasil the Woman (Iīm picking up the crowd 18-35) are not found of daring fragrances for men. I tend to be more complimented with safe fragrances like Bleu than daring ones Black Orchid or Fleur du Male. It doesnīt prove nothing and clearly this maybe not the nationwide scenario, but at the Brasilian Forum I discuss to this idea is very well accepted. Iīm not saying that getting compliments is the reason one wears this or that, but I gotta say that when I go out with a fragrance I do like it a lot! So when I want to enjoy some fragrance for myself or I simply donīt care otherīs reactions I use something else. But I enjoy having Bleu on my wardrobe just for that moments I just want to smell nice and safe. But I donīt feel generic in anyway using it. 1 Million and 212 are generic here. Chanel frags are expensive and hard to find. And besides, we got the "Chanel Effect" here. The brand is worshiped by woman who think Coco was Maria Madalena herself and when you say youīre using a Chanel you definetely smells good lol! Superficial, I know. But hey: sometimes you donīt want to get married: you want to get laid! So superficiality is ok for one night stand.

    If you say here youīre wearing a Creed or an Amouage or Xerjoff people will roll eyes: no one never heard of them!

    Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Dolce & Gabbana or anything that sounds french get more attention. It sucks butīs that the ugly truth.

    Edit: forgive my english. I speak portuguese as native language.

  24. #54
    Dependent lovingthealien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It doesn't smell anything like every masculine that's been produced since 2008.

    Have you ever worn it for a day?

    I wonder, because other than the fact that it's a fresh fragrance it's very different than pretty much any other popular scent out there. And even if it does bare some resemblance to some fragrances, it does it better than 99% of them.

    It's one thing to base your opinion on experience but I doubt that's what you're doing. You probably smelled it on a test strip or sprayed it on the back of your hand.

    And as far as "uninspired"....what does that even mean? You sound so cliched, and ironically, very uninspired with that comment. Do you know the "inspirational" stories behind all of Chanel's "superior" fragrances? Are they inspiring tales of adventure and ingenuity? And what's Bleu's story? Have you researched it and found it uninspiring? Give me a break.

    And how predictable was it?

    You must have been shocked when you learned Chanel was planning the release of a BLUE fragrance (god forbid).

    Doesn't seem to predictable to me.
    Every other masculine produced since 2008. The other half were sweet abominations. Some of them were even good! And yes, it does. And yes, I did; the SA at my local Macy's gave me two carded spray samples of Bleu de Chanel and one of Chanel No5 Eau Premiere. I sprayed it on a piece of paper previously and disliked it, but I still tried it on myself. It was still boring; another "fresh and spicy woody fragrance" with that awful metallic hiss of the very cheapest kind of synthetic sport fragrance. I gave both of them to my brother who likes Allure and he didn't like it, either.

    This is where you start to sound kind of crazy. Perfumery is an art, despite what you may believe. Creating something truly new and unique requires some sort of inspiration and creative freedom. Jacques Polge is responsible for some of the most gorgeous and stunningly unique fragrances that make you say "wow" the very first time you smell them. "Wow," you think, "this guy is a genius!" He created Sycamore, Coromandel, 31 Rue Cambon, and Antaeus. Egoiste, which he created, was derivative of Chanel's older Bois de Iles, but still amazing. To say that Bleu de Chanel was created with the same level of inspiration is kooky at the very least! It smells like it was created by a marketing department, not a perfumer.

    My favorite fragrance ever is a "blue" fragrance! L'Heure Bleue.

  25. #55

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I can't wait till you Bleu Bashers smell Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

  26. #56

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post

    My favorite fragrance ever is a "blue" fragrance! L'Heure Bleue.

    Touche, lovingthealien, touche.

    I like your style of rebuttal!

  27. #57
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,483

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I dislike Bleu and see nothing wrong with that. People always seem to jump on the de-facto response of "you don't like it because it is popular" or "groundbreaking". No, I just don't like it. Price also counts. And for the price, that is bad value to me. I like the smell of Lanvin Arpege pour Homme much better and it is 1/3 the price ( but gets tedious at times to wear).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  28. #58

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I`m not impressed. I`m a big Chanel fan, but Bleu is not challenging enough to grab my interest. IMO it`s very boring. Why this, when they already have Allure Homme which is a much better fragrance?

  29. #59

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    I like it too, and I'm another person who gets compliments when I wear it, but I think it has one of the most boring drydowns ever. The top and middle are interesting enough and then...*bleh* I have to reapply just to keep it somewhat interesting.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

  30. #60

    Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    I think it's one of Chanel's worst ever, even considering the abysmal Allure flankers for women.
    I have to agree.....This does not do well on my skin!!!
    Gary

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th February 2011, 04:20 PM
  2. Bleu de Chanel or Chanel Allure Homme Sport??
    By JonnyLeMale in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24th September 2010, 05:09 PM
  3. Bleu de Chanel - an observation on Chanel detail
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 8th September 2010, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000