Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

Extremely generic, but a pleasent smell nonetheless

Default Re: My first time wearing Bleu de Chanel.....and it was a bit of a surprise!

If anyone has Bleu and doesn't like it I will gladly trade a 95% full 100ml bottle of Egoiste for it.

***edit*** Nevermind. I think I'll give it another chance.
    Last edited by racuda; 3rd March 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    If anyone has Bleu and doesn't like it I will gladly trade a 95% full 100ml bottle of Egoiste for it.
    Damn good deal!

I'll trade my l'instant de gurlain pour homme extreme for it!

I think Bleu is fantastic, but I will be honest, I disliked it for a good year after I wore it. Once I got over my snobbiness "this isn't something new", I started appreciating it allot. I seriously enjoy the scent and it is in my mainstay, lasts a long time too!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I just like the right compliments coming from the right ones. People can say " you smell nice! " even when you wear nothing. By the way, Bleu is terrible IMO.

I suppose it is somewhat boring, but it's not as boring as say, Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce.
    It smells clean, pleasant and inoffensive. Perfect for a professional environment.

I think it smells really good, just a bit boring. Great for work.

I love it very much and don't find it boring. I find many subtle facets hidden within that I notice more with repeated wearings. This is a scent you have to really wear a few times on skin to appreciate. I get tons of compliments when I wear it also. People can slam this one all they want, but I love it and it's making Chanel a lot of money with good reason.

I finally devoted my full attention to this frag, and disliked it intensely. The "verdict" on this one may involve your feelings about iso e super, because that seemed to be present in large amounts. I agree with Michael over at his fromtoptobottom-perfumepatter blog (http://fromtoptobottom-perfumepatter...de-chanel.html), in that I view this fragrance as "a formula that includes generic, slightly synthetic citrus, sweet cola-ish musk and that iso e super, slightly buzzy cedar accord." I don't understand the claims that there are high quality ingredients here, other than perhaps really fleeting top notes (because I try to avoid top notes). I prefer "super cheapo" Benetton Verde to this one, if I want this type of idea (that one seems to have little, or at least a lot less iso e super).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    .......I do prefer the heart to drydown phase of Bleu....
    And so do I. Its top notes are so generic.

Basenotes Plus

Bleu is a pleasant, often-complemented, flexible scent. I strongly recommend it for office wear.

my favourite modern chanel,good stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by bejahu View Post
    Bleu is a pleasant, often-complemented, flexible scent. I strongly recommend it for office wear.
    I agree, but not when you wear 4 sprays like I did this AM. UGGGHHH, I overdid it! At least it's a fresh scent and not a heavy one. It will wear down by the time I embrace my family this evening.

Basenotes Member

on my skin, it's not about the smell itself but it is all about the poor longevity.
    really poor

Quote Originally Posted by ftUK View Post
    on my skin, it's not about the smell itself but it is all about the poor longevity.
    really poor
    Maybe fatigue or even a fake?

Bleu lasts like forever on my skin...

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I love it very much and don't find it boring. I find many subtle facets hidden within that I notice more with repeated wearings. This is a scent you have to really wear a few times on skin to appreciate. I get tons of compliments when I wear it also. People can slam this one all they want, but I love it and it's making Chanel a lot of money with good reason.
    Very well-stated. My thoughts exactly.

Basenotes Member

For sure it was not fake as I tried few times at counter.
    I love it though but just do not feel it worth a bottle for this moment