Code of Conduct

Default To me Creed Silver Mountain Water smells like a very metallic mixture of wine and tea - where would

you wear this?

It's probably too unusual for work, too mature for a club, not romantic enough for a date and too fancy for casual wear.

Default Re: To me Creed Silver Mountain Water smells like a very metallic mixture of wine and tea - where wo

I agree (to a degree) with all the situation-setting assertions you made. Yet, for girls 20-24, SMW is CLEARLY their favorite on me, and they want to wear it themselves. From 6ft tall blondes to petite little mulatto girls, SMW has been the clear favorite of all the undergrad girls I've dated over the last year or so. I wish I liked it as much as they did.

Default Re: To me Creed Silver Mountain Water smells like a very metallic mixture of wine and tea - where wo

I would wear it anywhere.

When I owned it I wore it to work, to clubs, on dates, and while wearing casual clothing. It seemed to work quite well in all those situations.

i agree. great scent... hard to position.

i think chillin around the house works. just enjoy it yourself.

I wear it on many occasions also and don't see one where it would be inappropriate. I don't get the huge metallic smell in the batch I have. I prefer the tea first and black currant more in the drydown which is what I have.

I think it is very versatile, and I'd wear it in any of the situations you mentioned.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    i agree. great scent... hard to position.

i think chillin around the house works. just enjoy it yourself.
    +1 for chillin. I usually reach for it on a sunday for some reason.

Basenotes Institution

My new No.1 scent and I am a woman . I love SMW. I got my first ever compliment on it today - at the gym - and two and half hours after spraying it on.
    The person who complimented me was a woman too - she had never heard of Creed (I enlightened her ! ) .She said it was fresh - smelling ,strong and beautiful . Doesn't get better than that.
    To me SMW smells of blackcurrant and citrus water.

I think SMW is very versatile and I would not have a problem wearing it at any occasion - casual or not. I do think Creeds and I get on very well (apart from Oliver Creed's Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse which smells just wrong on me. )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    My new No.1 scent and I am a woman . I love SMW. I got my first ever compliment on it today - at the gym - and two and half hours after spraying it on.
    The person who complimented me was a woman too - she had never heard of Creed (I enlightened her ! ) .She said it was fresh - smelling ,strong and beautiful . Doesn't get better than that.
    To me SMW smells of blackcurrant and citrus water.
    It does work extremely well on women. My fiancee recently emptied my decant of it, and I'm thinking of getting her (ahem, us... ) a bottle.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

LiveJazz- do get her / yourselves .... a bottle if you both love it. It's really quite wonderful stuff. It's hard to explain I guess but the subtlety and the longevity are quite something else. I don't understand those who have said this doesn't last . I have scent killing skin and SMW lasts on me. I do believe I am now a Creed FanGirl!

I do believe I am now a Creed FanGirl!
    sweet! welcome aboard. we are a small and battered bunch. :-(

BTW - Silver Mountain Water on a woman is sexy. as. hell. I make my wife wear it so I can attack her! She doesn't mind... she loves it as well. So we share a bottle. We also just got the perfume oil which, if layered underneath the fragrance, makes it last even longer.

I consider it one of the most versatile bottles I own!

If I had it I'd probably wear it as an everyday scent. Not important enough for situations such as work, dates, clubbing or work interviews. A worthwhile purchase, but, in my opinion, not that versatile.

I'd also use Montale's Boise Fruite over SMW.

Basenotes Plus

Love the stuff. Completely unisex and versatile - I wear it everywhere and anywhere.

hmmmm. seems like the ladies like SMW. I wonder what note they like in it.

Basenotes Institution

For me - I find it a little mysterious . It's light but has a real character - it's not just another 'fresh and citrus' scent. It's lightly sweet but there's a 'strong edge' to it all in total. The Creed base is also quite subtly deep. I think it gives off a bit of a 'cloud' around you - maybe aura -like. That could be it.

LiveJazz- do get her / yourselves .... a bottle if you both love it. It's really quite wonderful stuff. It's hard to explain I guess but the subtlety and the longevity are quite something else. I don't understand those who have said this doesn't last . I have scent killing skin and SMW lasts on me. I do believe I am now a Creed FanGirl!
    Every younger girl I introduced SMW to loved it. They oddly enough all kinda balked at Acqua Fiorentina and Spring Flower, which are the other two femme contemporary creeds.

This is one where I have experienced some batch variations - it mostly has to do with the blackcurrant/cassis note which can either be smooth and fruity or have some deep metallic/inky highlights depending on which grade of oil they use in a particular batch.

SMW is a superbly versatile and trendsetting fragrance that alongside Millesime Imperial powered Creed through the 90s - to me it has been oft imitated but never bettered. And if you search the Basenotes archives you will find many long time BN'ers (even ones not huge fans of Creed) singing its praises.
    -

SMW works well in almost any situation. I wear it at work, and love it. I wear it on dates, and women think it smells different, and sexy. I think it's one of the most versatile Creeds out there.

And, even though she didn't like it, I can't believe Mimi mentioned Zeste Mandarine -- lately I haven't heard much about any of the gray cap Creeds, good or bad. I kinda like Zeste Mandarine, but like most of the grays, after about an hour or two Poof! It's gone.

Do not agree. I where it anywhere, i find it has a very orange tangerine fresh smell, with a fresh smell of cloths that have been hanging outside. I have wore it on all occasions , work, clubs dates and casua. I would wear it to smell good around the house or personal family. I have gotten complements from all kinds and ages of how clean and fresh i smell. Also a lot of women like masculine frags but majority of all women like a clean smell on a guy. no matter what the occasion. smw is my go to scent especially in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    hmmmm. seems like the ladies like SMW. I wonder what note they like in it.
    Perhaps it is just the accord in the dry down that they enjoy
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's a light, fresh, lemony blackcurrant and tea thing. Nothing amazing to my nose, but quite well made. I get the printer ink thing from it. It stands best in the hottest summer months.

SMW is amazing.

I can wear it anywhere (I'm 26). It gets lots of compliments. It's different than the norm, yet it's still very pleasant. So well blended. This may be my favorite fragrance ever.

Fresh, sweet, clean, my girlfriend LOVED this one on me!
    I like it, but not that much, not even on top 20 or 30.

Longevity is good, btw

Ballpoint pen ink vibe to me...at least in the batches I've tried. Unique, but it's a pass for me; ie, I wouldn't wear it anywhere.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Perhaps it is just the accord in the dry down that they enjoy
    Every girl I've introduced it to LOVED it straight out of the tester within 20 seconds.

Unhappy Re: To me Creed Silver Mountain Water smells like a very metallic mixture of wine and tea - where wo

well I always wanted to buy a creed when I discovered an increased passion for some of the world,s best perfumes,,,(available in my country Pakistan...at a moderately affordable price). I had assumed from my research that Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed are going to be the best ones. Some how I have always attached great importance to popular reviews.The creeds had started fascinating me and I really thought they ,d be something extra ordinary. Sometimes back I dropped GIT, on getting excessive feedbacks that it was "cool water" a bit refined. Cool water , to me is a common scent, easily identified and I thought it wasnt worth it to spend a good deal of money buying something which doesnt evoke that ,,,,,special,novel, remarkable and unique response from the target audience. So I homed on to Millesime Imperial, about which I had heard some "special comments" and went yesterday to buy one. unfortunately it wasnt available and I after some confused thoughts picked "silver mountain water". BTW the shop keeper wont let me test any bit, saying that creeds are not allowed to be tested as per their policy.
    After paying for it, I opened it and tested on my wrist. God!!! I was disappointed. Had been looking for something "special,unique, mountainous adventure, the mystery of eternal springs etc etc". All I could smell was a definitely feminine flowery fragrance. Yes It is uncommon ...I know but its not a man,s scent. I am wearing it today. Its light , and fresh and all that you guys have been saying but its not for men who want to enamour tough females, and leave an aura of mystery and intrigue behind them. I have earlier smelled Royal water by creed. That too was so feminine. Ahhhhhh....Can someone tell me about a definitely masculine creed????
    Its genuine btw, 100% genuine,,,so thats not the issue.

I love silver mountain water... But maybe you should try Aventus

SMW is far better on the ladies, IMO. The Creed SAs should encourage more women to test it out, I think it would be wildly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    SMW is far better on the ladies, IMO. The Creed SAs should encourage more women to test it out, I think it would be wildly popular.
    I completely agree. This is one of the sexiest fragrances on a woman.

I tried SMW for the first time yesterday at work, and I think it is pretty good. I can't say it's the greatest ever, but I can see why people go crazy for it. After smelling it for so long I started realizing I have smelled something like this before. I finally figured it out Jay-Z's Rockawear X. The perfumers for Rockawear X must have had SMW in mind when they made it, because it is a very good copy without trying to hard to blatantly mirror it. Made me respect Rockawear a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmaster View Post
    well I always wanted to buy a creed when I discovered an increased passion for some of the world,s best perfumes,,,(available in my country Pakistan...at a moderately affordable price). I had assumed from my research that Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed are going to be the best ones. Some how I have always attached great importance to popular reviews.The creeds had started fascinating me and I really thought they ,d be something extra ordinary. Sometimes back I dropped GIT, on getting excessive feedbacks that it was "cool water" a bit refined. Cool water , to me is a common scent, easily identified and I thought it wasnt worth it to spend a good deal of money buying something which doesnt evoke that ,,,,,special,novel, remarkable and unique response from the target audience. So I homed on to Millesime Imperial, about which I had heard some "special comments" and went yesterday to buy one. unfortunately it wasnt available and I after some confused thoughts picked "silver mountain water". BTW the shop keeper wont let me test any bit, saying that creeds are not allowed to be tested as per their policy.
    After paying for it, I opened it and tested on my wrist. God!!! I was disappointed. Had been looking for something "special,unique, mountainous adventure, the mystery of eternal springs etc etc". All I could smell was a definitely feminine flowery fragrance. Yes It is uncommon ...I know but its not a man,s scent. I am wearing it today. Its light , and fresh and all that you guys have been saying but its not for men who want to enamour tough females, and leave an aura of mystery and intrigue behind them. I have earlier smelled Royal water by creed. That too was so feminine. Ahhhhhh....Can someone tell me about a definitely masculine creed????
    I agree with SMW beeing feminine, but its not a problem for me, and i wear it for work.

Bois du Portugal is very manly. Check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmaster View Post
    I agree with SMW beeing feminine, but its not a problem for me, and i wear it for work.

Bois du Portugal is very manly. Check this out.

I loved my small 10ml decant of SMW, but the feedback I received from a couple of friends was that I smelled like an old lady or that I smelled like mosquito repellent Ever since then the scent has been bittersweet for me and I have been enjoying it less.

Maybe it was one of those batch issues I read about, I'll still definitely give it a try again.

one more thing....I really have doubts about its longevity.....I applied a good of 6 puffs of this thing in morning, two on arm pits, two on the chest and two on back neck....and by afternoon it seemed to have long faded away...at a lunch get together , nobody even noticed,,,I had to really ask a couple of close friends , who came close to me and doubtfully said,,,yes Is it a perfume?
    I am going to paste images of my bottle, packing, markings and all.....there is something seriously wrong ....may be u guys guide me after watching the images
    Last edited by fluffmaster; 30th July 2011 at 01:09 PM.

No need for that, the bottle is fine I'm sure.

Honestly man, Silver Mountain Water just doesn't sound like it's for you. There's nothing wrong with that! (other than the fact that you just spent a bunch of money on it)

Try to return it, or trade it here on basenotes for something else. Something I learned, is that a lot of folks here on basenotes rave about certain fragrances. I've ordered samples of some of the most loved and recommended colognes from the expert noses around here, and honestly, I haven't liked them for the most part. You really gotta sample as much as you can, and decide what you like! Personally, GIT and SMW are favorites of mine, and I would trade for your bottle of SMW if I didn't have a close-to-full 4oz bottle. That stuff just smells good to me, whether it's unisex or not, all I care about is smelling good in general!

Aventus is definitely more masculine, has good projection and longevity too. Bois du Portugal is another very masculine one, with more of a classic spice note. Kind of like a more refined Old Spice. Order some samples from the Perfumed Court.

ps - who the hell doesn't allow you to smell a scent before you buy it? That's tough man, sorry you have to deal with that.

Unhappy Re: To me Creed Silver Mountain Water smells like a very metallic mixture of wine and tea - where wo

some images of the bottle, front and back

front and back packing

top and under packing and some more stuff,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    No need for that, the bottle is fine I'm sure.

Honestly man, Silver Mountain Water just doesn't sound like it's for you. There's nothing wrong with that! (other than the fact that you just spent a bunch of money on it)

Try to return it, or trade it here on basenotes for something else. Something I learned, is that a lot of folks here on basenotes rave about certain fragrances. I've ordered samples of some of the most loved and recommended colognes from the expert noses around here, and honestly, I haven't liked them for the most part. You really gotta sample as much as you can, and decide what you like! Personally, GIT and SMW are favorites of mine, and I would trade for your bottle of SMW if I didn't have a close-to-full 4oz bottle. That stuff just smells good to me, whether it's unisex or not, all I care about is smelling good in general!

Aventus is definitely more masculine, has good projection and longevity too. Bois du Portugal is another very masculine one, with more of a classic spice note. Kind of like a more refined Old Spice. Order some samples from the Perfumed Court.

ps - who the hell doesn't allow you to smell a scent before you buy it? That's tough man, sorry you have to deal with that.
    your first line seemed to have summed it up,,in my case.....this thing is just not for me
    do help me a little more on trading or exchanging it....the bottle is still full,,,havent used more than 10 puffs yet

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    BTW - Silver Mountain Water on a woman is sexy. as. hell. I make my wife wear it so I can attack her! She doesn't mind... she loves it as well. We also just got the perfume oil which, if layered underneath the fragrance, makes it last even longer.
    thats the last and perhaps only ray of hope,,,,,if I dont get the oil, I am going to mix it with johnsons baby oil,,,,and use it liberally on her........wink

does any one smell a strong note of jasmine, when it is used?

I don't find SMW to be particularly feminine.

As for where I wear it, well, pretty much anywhere, but I like it best in colder months.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

I used to like it a lot and almost bought a bottle until they reformulated it and now it smells like hair spray.

i brought my bottle of SMW to the beach for the first time and found out it works exceptionally well there. (going back to the "where to wear" question)

creed smw is one of the best summer perfume that i have ever sniff with rest of my life
    and its last for 12 hr one me....

Banned
    Blog Entries

One of the weakest Creed's next to Himilaya

Quote Originally Posted by kazalbash View Post
    creed smw is one of the best summer perfume that i have ever sniff with rest of my life
    and its last for 12 hr one me....
    That's incredible longevity you get with this one! Wish I got that much.

(3678)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I sampled this and I swear I'm not smelling the same thing as everyone else... I got an absolutely heavenly fruity, white musk smell with ZERO metallic vibe or ink note I could detect. I'm absolutely in love with what I tested though and I can see smelt saving for it. It's so ethereal and angelic. I could see this on an androgynous, mercurial, eccentric person with considerable artistic ability, like if I make it as an actor I would wear this to the golden globes or oscars. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I would wear it anywhere.
    I couldn't agree more!